The Fugliest Car

smooth1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything from Pontiac in general typically makes me think "good lord, were they drunk when they designed that thing?"

Although, that new MB S class doesn't appeal to me at all. Looks like a sloth with shoulder pads.

Talking about the MB S class, the new BMW 3 series and the Z. I'm sorry, but the previous generation 3 series is way nicer looking than the new ones!!!!! I wouldn't say they are fugly, but,,,,,,,

Talking about the MB S class, the new BMW 3 series and the Z. I'm sorry, but the previous generation 3 series is way nicer looking than the new ones!!!!! I wouldn't say they are fugly, but,,,,,,,

Ditto on the Z..... kinda looks like a shoe. Also not a fan of the X series. I can't quite explain what I don't like... just somethin' about it.

Ditto on the Z..... kinda looks like a shoe. Also not a fan of the X series. I can't quite explain what I don't like... just somethin' about it.

Yeah, somewhere along the line, the Z, 3 series, and X all took on a mechanical fish head look.

And the X-90 is one of those cars that I think the engineers found all these left over parts in the warehouse and decided what the heck, even if they only sell a few of em, atleast the warehouse will look cleaner.

Also, when I first saw the Nissan Murano, I thought Hmmmm, maybe. But as time has gone by, and I keep seeing them, and I have seen them from every angle now, I have come to the conclusion that No, it's ugly. 1387.gif

Also, when I first saw the Nissan Murano

My in-laws have a new Murano & it's growing on me. The grill is kinda funny, but the rest of the vehicle is nice. The interior is classy, the push button start & the whole doors-unlock-when-you-get-close-thing is cool. It does sort of get wider as you look from the front to the back (standing in front). Like it has hips - not a good thing for a girl on a diet.

Step up from the Murano to the Infiniti FX45 (same platform, far better engine and drivetrain) and you have what is probably the best combo package of small SUV and sports car out there today. Some would say no, that would be the Porsche Cayenne, but in the long run I believe that the Cayenne will prove to be far too expensive in the cost-of-ownership category and possibly a big loser in the maintain-resale-value category as well....

I took my wife out to test-drive an FX last year. She recognized (but certainly doesn't need) the performance but she finds the exterior appearance far too radical for her tastes. So I'm stuck with maintaining another mediocre RX. But I do acknowledge that her RX330 is a better vehicle that her albatross RX300 was. Glad to be rid of that pig for sure....

Step up from the Murano to the Infiniti FX45 (same platform, far better engine and drivetrain) and you have what is probably the best combo package of small SUV and sports car out there today. Some would say no, that would be the Porsche Cayenne, but in the long run I believe that the Cayenne will prove to be far too expensive in the cost-of-ownership category and possibly a big loser in the maintain-resale-value category as well....

I took my wife out to test-drive an FX last year. She recognized (but certainly doesn't need) the performance but she finds the exterior appearance far too radical for her tastes. So I'm stuck with maintaining another mediocre RX. But I do acknowledge that her RX330 is a better vehicle that her albatross RX300 was. Glad to be rid of that pig for sure....

The Cayenne was my first choice when I decided I needed a new vehicle, my hubby just rolled his eyes at me. The FX is way too agressive for me. It looks like it's been deflated.

i saw a yellow aztec the other day and it made me wonder where burt and ernie were!!!! lol

ALSO....am i the only one here that thinks the new eclipse looks rather pukish?????? i most definetely like the older body style WAY better!!!!

FYI, I used to sell Nissan's and used to think that the FX and Murano were on the same frame, but according to Nissan, the Murano, Altima, and Maxima are on similar frames. The FX frame is based on the Skyline, 350Z, G35. Which kinda makes sense, the Murano is FWD with CVT tranny, the FX is RWD with a 5-spd auto., and mufflers even sound like the 350Z and G35. When the Murano first came out lots of people were put off by the looks. They said it looked to round and bulbous, but the ones that did like it, said it reminded them of the RX. :)

The eclipse just looks stupid.

I don't know, the Murano and the FX looks to much like a fat stationwagon with a Hyundai Tiberon body kit and tires that are too big. I think the Mazda CX-7 kinda falls in that catagory also, but it looks more "Aerodynamic."

Maybe we should work on assembling the top ten ugly list. I nominate the 2007 Subaru Tribeca:

post-42851-1188087314_thumb.jpg

This thing is even worse up close.

we need nominations and votes from here on out. Let's see once and for all. So Cory nominates the Ford Taurus. Which model years? Can you post a pic? Then we can see, judge and vote.

we need nominations and votes from here on out. Let's see once and for all. So Cory nominates the Ford Taurus. Which model years? Can you post a pic? Then we can see, judge and vote.

BMW Z3 Coupe - ewww!

fr_04.jpg