Hyundai Santa Fe

Subaru Tribeca

BMW Z3

Others have yet to be fully nominated.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I just realized I never officially entered the Hyundai Santa Fe.

I nominate the Hyundai Santa Fe

post-42851-1188154686_thumb.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA it's a grudge match.........dun dun DUN!!!!!

post-51082-1188145373_thumb.jpg

Here ya go Flop, use this the next time you see one: sterb132.gif

Ok, we have:

Suzuki X-90

Ford Taurus

Pontiac Azrec

Subaru Tribeca ( now confirmed by second nomination)

Hyundai Santa Fe

BMW Z3

Ford Focus ( now confirmed by a second nomination) but still need a pic.

Isuzu Vehicross ( now confirmed by second nomination)

notable candidates are:

Honda Element

Scion XB

Dodge Neon

Toyota Echo

Chrysler PT Cruiser

Ok, we have:

Suzuki X-90

Ford Taurus

Pontiac Azrec

Hyundai Santa Fe

BMW Z3

notable candidates are:

Honda Element

Scion XB

Dodge Neon

Toyota Echo

Chrysler PT Cruiser

dude for sure on the echo....dude for sure on the echo....dude for sure on the echo..... lol

post-51082-1188183696_thumb.jpg

thing looks like a damn mouse!! lol!!

Ok, we have:

Suzuki X-90

Ford Taurus

Pontiac Azrec

Hyundai Santa Fe

BMW Z3

notable candidates are:

Honda Element

Scion XB

Dodge Neon

Toyota Echo

Chrysler PT Cruiser

dude for sure on the echo....dude for sure on the echo....dude for sure on the echo..... lol

post-51082-1188183696_thumb.jpg

thing looks like a damn mouse!! lol!!

You know, I have an issue with these low budget cars. Why do they have to make them look like ugly toy cars? I mean take for example the Porche 911. It's a hundred and fifty thousand dollar car, not because of the shape of the car. Because of the engine, suspension, R&D, and all that stuff that go in the car. It doesn't cost any more to make that shape of a car or any other shape of a car. So Kia could make a car the shape of a Ferrari GTO, but still make it a Kia, and sell it for 15 grand. I guess they don't want us to like the looks of the budget cars to keep us buying the higher price ones, but if I were building a new car company, that's what I would be doing. I would be mugging all the best auto designs in history and putting my company name on em. I look at it this way, if you had the choice of buying a Nissan Sentra for 13 grand, or a Kia X ( that looked like a slightly smaller Bentley Continental GT) for the same money, which one would you get?

Ok, Toyota Echo added to list.

How the car is shaped does have an effect on its cost. The reason cheap cars look like that is that they are maximizing interior space and minimizing exterior space and materials.

How the car is shaped does have an effect on its cost. The reason cheap cars look like that is that they are maximizing interior space and minimizing exterior space and materials.

I don't know, I think your gonna have to elaborate more on that theroy. I agree, there can be some cost cutting in materials, but the devolepment and casting a whole new design instead of using an exsisting one? And maybe taking some good designs and "improving" them a little has to be cheaper.

I don't know, I think your gonna have to elaborate more on that theroy. I agree, there can be some cost cutting in materials, but the devolepment and casting a whole new design instead of using an exsisting one? And maybe taking some good designs and "improving" them a little has to be cheaper.

How would using an existing design that is geared for a $60,000 car on an $18,000 car be profitable?

No clay model making, no R&D, just take pictures, scan it in, make some small adjustments to the exsisting design , and your ready for production set up. Instaed of using a 450 hp state of the art, cutting edge motor, you use an exsisting platform motor and drivetrain. Suspension will be "slightly soft" to hide all the deficiencies, interior updating with new gauge cluster arrangements and seats. A couple of air bags your rolling a hot looking 15k car off the line.

Before you take that apart, let me tell you we have a $35,000.00 motor sitting on a stand at the shop. We also have a $3,600.00 motor sitting in a box. We could install either motor into the same car. We haven't even talked about transmission, drivetrain, and suspension and exhaust. We could make that car 20k or 100k just by changing what we put in and on the car. But the body itself will be the same.

The Pontiac Aztec is the butt ugliest car on the road. I remember when it first came out and there was the rage about the removable rear section. All I could think about was how friggin ugly the front end looked.

Number 2 for uglyism is a Prius.