This Is So Sad...

Rx330driver

Well the korean automaker has finally released some official prototype pictures that will not be much different from the production car. to say the least, i see some lexus in there, some bmw, some infiniti, and some chryslier sebring. lol. its like a melting pot of all the big automakers.

thats not the kick yet. it will have a 4.6 V8 (sound familiar?) and right now is said to have a 6 speed but is rumored to have an 8 speed auto... :ph34r:

granted it only produces 300hp, but its priced at UNDER $30,000

heres some pictures: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Autos...otopanel..1.*#1

the saddest part...it doesnt look half bad!

Whats sad about it? Lexus made a Mercedes clone and undercut Benz and BMW by huge margins at first and it was hugely effective for them. Lexus wasn't the first manufacturer to have a 4.6L engine.

It's a very unique and handsome looking car, but I still hate those pass through LS460-like tail pipes. I'm anxious to see the interior as well! It's astonishing to me how many people are concerned with what the neighbors think of what car you are driving. When you have a spare minute, stop by your local Hyundai dealer and take one for a spin; they are not building the little tin cans everyone thinks that they are. I'd take a 147mph Hyundai Sonata over a Camry any day of the week!!

I didn't know it was possible to claim that one car company copied another's engine displacement!! <_< :lol::lol: Ford and GM have built more 4.6 liter V8s (I'm sure there are other companies too, but when I think 4.6, I think Ford's modular 4.6 and the GM Northstar.) than Lexus ever will.

I'd buy the Sonata over a Camry too. I actually think they are more attractive looking.

I wouldn't buy a Hyundai to replace my Lexus though. Part of the luxury car ownership experience is the dealer support and the service, as well as the panache of driving a luxury car. While I don't care what my neighbors think, I DO care what *I* think and I enjoy driving a luxury car.

If they were rolling out a luxury marque complete with the whole experience (dealers etc) I'd think about it.

I'm with Blake on the tail pipes and concerned about the wind noise on the 460. Seems all the Asian models are taking on the same look, including the 460. Cannot still, see the difference between a 460 and others other than the size. Seems as if the 460 has taken a step back to blend in, for whatever reason that still amazes me. I still know a 550 from 100yds and have to take a second or third look at a 460. Don't banter me because I drove a 550..which still has no problems, I just feel Lexus has left the 400 series behind. Does anyone agree with me?

At first I did, but its grown on me tremendously. I can tell an LS at first glance now.

The buying public must agree, many dealers still have waiting lists for the LS460, thats never happened with the LS before.

As for the S550, wait until they release the new C and redesign the E. I mistook the previous S for C's and E's many times, this time will be no different.

I'm with Blake on the tail pipes and concerned about the wind noise on the 460. Seems all the Asian models are taking on the same look, including the 460. Cannot still, see the difference between a 460 and others other than the size. Seems as if the 460 has taken a step back to blend in, for whatever reason that still amazes me. I still know a 550 from 100yds and have to take a second or third look at a 460. Don't banter me because I drove a 550..which still has no problems, I just feel Lexus has left the 400 series behind. Does anyone agree with me?
Ralph, I agree 100%! ;) Lexus took the family resemblence idea a bit too far. This is their first go at it, so maybe the next generations will have a similar but distinguishable appearance like Mercedes and BMW.

Ralph, I agree 100%! ;) Lexus took the family resemblence idea a bit too far. This is their first go at it, so maybe the next generations will have a similar but distinguishable appearance like Mercedes and BMW.

I agree as well. I've seen some 460's on the road now, and although they look very nice, I still think they've blended the line too much. To me, it just looks like a super-sized ES / IS / Camry. The GS is a bit more distinctive, but not much.