Best Mileage Yet! 25 Mpg!

lexusnutt

Just got back from a semi-long trip (just over 500 miles) and am quite pleased with my mileage!

Between 70-90 MPH (usually 80)

A/C on full time!

4 adults with full trunk

Before the trip, I changed the plugs, wires, oil and air filter

I can only imagine what it could really do if I kept off the gas!

This is better than most V6 motors (and some poorly maintained 4 cyl too).

Have a safe and happy 4th everyone!

I can only imagine what it could really do if I kept off the gas!
It wouldn't do much. Granted, if you were doing 60 that would be one thing, but the mileage between 70-90 is going to be about the same. Using the cruise control or keeping a steady speed (since some people don't like cruise) is the key to good fuel econ on the interstate--provided that you car and tires are in good repair. I've checked my mileage on the same 340 mile route going 70, 75, 80, and 84mph a number of times (my a/c runs almost 365 days a year). Each run gave me the same mileage 26mpg +/- .5. My fluctuation is derived from how many inconsiderate, mindless twits I have to slow down for as I wait for them to move their slow !Removed! from the fast lane.

What year is your car?

Boy, do I feel dumb... never noticed my profile did not show the year of my car...'95 LS400 (thanks)

I agree that maintaining a constant speed is the key to highest mileage... but what surprised me was that I got my best mileage FULLY laden!

I probably could have gotten an extra mpg if I didn't have to put the pedal down and pass all those cars!

Cheers!

I don't have the patience or motivation to drive for much fuel economy. I usually average around 75-85 on Interstates and get around 24-25mpg. I can still fill this for under a hundred!

Here is a few tips ,

put a few lbs extra air pressure

use the a/c as it stop the heat activated fan from dragging on the engine

stay close behind other cars in a convey if safe and the reduced drag will raise your gas milage into the clouds.

Don't spoil the fun u guys! I was happy, last year I got 22mpg on the GX on a trip to Vegas , and 20mpg on a trip to San Francisco last month. :whistles: Didn't really do a lot of cruising. Speed varied a lot though.

Great to hear!

Last year I drove to Seattle, 2500 miles round trip, and my total average was 26.4 mpg. Most of my driving was between 70 and 100mph. I just finished a vacation to Oregon to visit friends, and I drove much more sedately this time. Plus my car is running much better since I tuned it up. I'm patiently waiting for the tank to empty so I can run my average! I'll post the results as soon as I have them.

Great to hear!

Last year I drove to Seattle, 2500 miles round trip, and my total average was 26.4 mpg. Most of my driving was between 70 and 100mph. I just finished a vacation to Oregon to visit friends, and I drove much more sedately this time. Plus my car is running much better since I tuned it up. I'm patiently waiting for the tank to empty so I can run my average! I'll post the results as soon as I have them.

I try not to let my tank get below 1/4 full so I don't pick up any gunk at the bottom...

I'll just fill it up and divide the miles from the last odometer reset by the number of gallons.

But hey, who wants to stop driving to get gas anyway! :)

two things:

on a road trip of about 70 miles (not really road trip), i managed to get 25mpg on my Rx330, which i thought was pretty good without cruise control. Infact i get better milage using my foot and looking at the monitor.

second thing, what is this gunk that is suppose to be in my tank. I hear about it all the time, where did it come from? the gas station?

two things:

on a road trip of about 70 miles (not really road trip), i managed to get 25mpg on my Rx330, which i thought was pretty good without cruise control. Infact i get better milage using my foot and looking at the monitor.

second thing, what is this gunk that is suppose to be in my tank. I hear about it all the time, where did it come from? the gas station?

Yup, you got it! There is usually sediment in the holding tanks, especially in older stations. It is even more pronounced after the tanker leaves it's load and all the fuel is agitated.

I went to a "cheap" gas station once with my F-150 and almost immediately have had problems with infrequent rough idle since, even after replacing the fuel filter. Could be moisture, but who knows!

With my AC out, I had a 270 mile drive home from central KS with the windows down last week. Speed was kept constant at right around 78 using the cruise. The wind noise beat the he!! out of me but I did average a little over 28 mpg for the trip. I would have given up 5mpg to have had A/C.

I've yet to average less than 20mpg for city driving.

Great to hear!

I try not to let my tank get below 1/4 full so I don't pick up any gunk at the bottom...

I'll just fill it up and divide the miles from the last odometer reset by the number of gallons.

But hey, who wants to stop driving to get gas anyway! :)

that's why I don't fill up any of my cars when I see that the truck just filled up the station's supply. Now if i didn't see them fill it up, because the truck left right away, well I can't control that. :(