Bought New Nav 5.1 Dvd But Wont Work

huron

Hi,

I have 2004 RX330 and I just bought a new Lexus/Toyota Nav ver 5.1 DVD off ebay. The seller seems legit and have positive responces from others that bought the dvd. Also, the dvd looks genuine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Lexu...sspagenameZWDVW

I installed the DVD in the trunk and my nav says "unable to read data, check if nav dvd is correct." I tried it multiple times and still the same result. If I reinstall my old 3.1 dvd, it works fine.

Finally, when i got the dvd, there were some small fine scratches on the image surface. Could this be causing the problem? Did I get screwed with a fake? Is my 2004 rx330 not upgradable to ver 5.1?

This has been very frustrating. :cries: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I have 2004 RX330 and I just bought a new Lexus/Toyota Nav ver 5.1 DVD off ebay. The seller seems legit and have positive responces from others that bought the dvd. Also, the dvd looks genuine.

I installed the DVD in the trunk and my nav says "unable to read data, check if nav dvd is correct." I tried it multiple times and still the same result. If I reinstall my old 3.1 dvd, it works fine.

Finally, when i got the dvd, there were some small fine scratches on the image surface. Could this be causing the problem? Did I get screwed with a fake? Is my 2004 rx330 not upgradable to ver 5.1?

This has been very frustrating.:cries: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you can, Get your money back, There are many black market nav dvd's out there. It's the dvd. The buyer LOOKS legit, So have him/her send you one that is brand new ( no scratches ) sealed with part # on the packaging.

Are you sure it is the proper dvd for your year/model ???

Dude LOOK!!!

Toyota/Lexus Navigation GPS DVD Update version 5.1 Generation 4. :chairshot: This is the newest version to update your Toyota or Lexus Navigation system. This is an original OEM product direct from Toyota. It is not a copy. It is made by Denso and it is for a Generation 4 Navigation system. Again, the Data Version is 05.1. Numbers on the DVD are: 86271-33045 & 464210-0660. The Toyota part number is: 00125-DVD05-GEN4. Please contact your dealer to make sure this is the DVD that will fit your system This DVD is the same one sold by Toyota and Lexus Dealers. Data version 05.01. All sales are final, so please ensure that you can use this disk before placing a bid.

The 04 RX330 is not generation 4 it is 3!

Sorry about the bad luck but I would stop putting it in you Nav unit. :whistles:

The seller even gave you a link for checking to see what generation NAV you have. You gotta read everything when you buy on E-bay.

I have an '04 RX and it is definetly a gen 3. The seller gave you every opportunity to make sure you bought the right disk and I'd be very surprised if he took it back.

The seller even gave you a link for checking to see what generation NAV you have. You gotta read everything when you buy on E-bay.

I have an '04 RX and it is definetly a gen 3. The seller gave you every opportunity to make sure you bought the right disk and I'd be very surprised if he took it back.

I am suprised his old disk works now! LUCKY! :blink:

Yours definitely is the wrong generation and that's why it didn't take to begin with. If it were the right one, it would have overwritten the previous ROM and you wouldn't be able to read your old DVD again!

Thanks for all the info. I definetly messed up. Anyone want to buy a 5.1 nav? lol

:censored: happens!

Wish I could use it...if you can post in buy sell...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I believe you need the upgrade DVD.. The DVD actually mentions it's for upgrading.

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/showthread.p...ht=00125DVD05CY