Sun Shades (built In)

I know the later Mercedes' models offer built in sun-shades on the rear window and backseat-side windows that function with the touch of a button. I like that idea.

Has anyone here added that option to their ES or does anyone have any other rec's or ideas?

I have the rear sunshade option and it works very well. There's a button on the center console that operates it either up or down. When you put the shift lever into reverse it automatically goes down so you can see out the rear window better. It really cuts the heat for the rear seat passengers if the sun is coming through the rear window. ;)

The '02-03 ES's also have separate air conditioning controls for the rear seat passengers. I don't know what year they started that on the ES's. It could have on the '02 model???

If this option wasn't in the original equipment package for the car than I suggest you forget it.....It probably would cost a fortune to put it in, even if they could do it.

P.S. If I didn't have it I wouldn't miss it!! Besides, the rear passengers should be very happy to be driving in such a beautiful car, so let em cook. hehehe :D

If this option wasn't in the original equipment package for the car than I suggest you forget it.....It probably would cost a fortune to put it in, even if they could do it.

P.S. If I didn't have it I wouldn't miss it!! Besides, the rear passengers should be very happy to be driving in such a beautiful car, so let em cook. hehehe :D

lol.thats a good one!

I know there are manual ones on the market, I used to park near a late-90's Accord with a manual roll-up sunshade that looked like a somewhat cruder version of the sunshade on the newer ESs. I had considered getting one to protect the top of my back seat from sun damage when the car was parked outside at work all day.

• 1 year later...
Contacted local dealer today regarding cost of power sunshade for the rear window of my 2002 es300...cost $1175.00. The switch was $75.00. Plus installation. I said Ok then.

Are you guys serious? You would spend that much money just for a rear sunshade? Awww, you're putting me on. :P

How lazy have we become when some are willing to pay a couple of grand to have shades come up and down when you can do it physically in two minutes and less than 20 bucks !!

George