This Is What Happens To A Stolen Car...

LexKid630

Here's the thread:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...topic=26385&hl=

I'd be pis$ed if some grade school thief pulled a half as number like this on my car. If mine gets stolen, I want the police to recover nothing more than a char-broiled shell! If you're going to steal my car, have a little self respect and do it right. I guess the owner of the car came out with his 10 gauge in the midst of the theft; that's the only explanation I could think that they would take only the seats and headlights and leave the steering wheel, airbags, tail lights, etc. etc.

Reading the other thread made me think it was sort of a "put on".

I just wish the best for the original owner, What I was getting at is that the original thread involving installing headlights in that car was originally started by that soufside guy, My question is If this car is actually stolen there should be some kind of lead as to who this soufside guy is, If he is the original owner [ I doubt it ] why is he posting? Is there anyone following this??? I mean this soufside guy may be part of the rip off team or ?????? You know these guys are stupid/smart.

No I'm sure the insurance wrote that off.

Its possible he bought it from a salvage yard or a police auction with the intent to drive/resell. He probably paid very little, with a salvage title, and wants to put 15-20K into rebuilding it to drive for personal use. why si that so hard to believe?

Very odd they left the taillights and the airbags...

Agreed! And the hood ornament too lol. :blink:

:cheers:

A car in that condition [ in my opinion ] is not worth rebuilding, Even if it was given to me. I would part the rest of it out and put a down payment on a 98+ LS. After further review, Why would this soufside guy want to put headlights in the car first??? Wouldn't you want to make the car sound first??? [ doors/quarter panel etc... ] <_<

A car in that condition [ in my opinion ] is not worth rebuilding, Even if it was given to me. I would part the rest of it out and put a down payment on a 98+ LS. After further review, Why would this soufside guy want to put headlights in the car first??? Wouldn't you want to make the car sound first??? [ doors/quarter panel etc... ] <_<

Myabe those are all he could get ahold of at the moment. i mean come on, how likely is it to find an 05 withaset of good doors?

Myabe those are all he could get ahold of at the moment. i mean come on, how likely is it to find an 05 withaset of good doors?

True

Salvage,

Frack!

I have an 02 donor I'm was using to swap the parts, but I'm screwed, all the connects are differnt, seats, doors, everything! I'll have to get an 05 donor..

the guy said it was a salvage title, so like SW said the insurance already wrote the car off and he has a check already but instead of just getting a new vehicle he probably thinks its cheaper to buy used parts and put the rest of the balance in his pocket. either way theres not enough info. to label this guy as the theif