30 members have voted

1. 1. Have you used it?

• Used it and it works amazing
    • used it and it was ok
    • used it and it is just another majic piece of crap
    • heard of it and am thinking about using it in a car
    • heard about it but weary of its results in a car
    • never heard of it

Well i keep hearing other members talk about it and got interested .So i was at the grocery store and saw it cheaper than at an auto parts store.

$3 for 2 home ones and $6 for 4 car wheel and tire ones ( have no blue backing).

So i bought both to try them.

While i was getting my alarm installed and half the interior was out i decided to clean ever nook and cranny on my LS400.

Well i used a pail with cold water and its results were spectacular to say the least.

If you want the matte finish the car came with then this is the product of a lifetime.

It is like wet sanding your interior if you know what that can do to a paint finish well this is the same for leather vinyl and plastic.

I had dirt build up even spray nine was leaving behind.

My steering wheel is now like new with a smooth but Matt finish.Plastic trim by the doors came clean again and showed the plastic grain.

I used 3 of them to clean the interior , i would have used 2 but the second pail of water was warm and caused the eraser to shred eailsy.So i would only recommend using cold water only.

I cleaned my whole interior plastics ,wood, vinyl and leather . All came back to a new finish like when the car rolled off the showroom floor. It shows the wear in spots but got all the dirt off. So far i used 3 different leather treatments to see the differences but left the dash with nothing as i am going to get some lexol for plastics when i can find it.

I replaced the pail water twice as it got filthy to say the least . It took a few hours but i was going very slow and cleaning every possible surface as well.

The steering wheel is probably one of the best differences as there was so much dirt on it from it being the most contacted with dirt surface next to the carpets.

It is not a soapy filled sponge just a soft but durable sponge which slowly breaks down on surfaces to remove dirt . After wiping with the sponge i follow up with a microfiber towel and the results show.

Try it and you will love it.

I have an iBook which is white and has a light gray inner surface, and it gets nasty after a while. I heard about these on the Apple forums, and they are amazing. They clean pretty near anything off surfaces, they seem to work better on surfaces with texture though.

I hadnt thought about cleaning my car with it. That is a good idea though. It's just that at this point the interior surfaces are still quite new and clean, don't have any build up yet. I always get the generics at the grocery store, they are just as good and about half the price.

I am a stickler that unless it is ridiculously cheaper or better i am going to buy the originator.

My main reasoning is that they made the new product and should be rewarded for making a $0.12 cent sponge that does wonders. They may make a huge profit but they designed it. I hate any company that rides on another's coat tails. by being the 5th 6th and so on to the market with a new product. So far i have seen 5 versions of the eraser but will not buy any of them.

I cleaned my LS when i bought it really well ( i thought) then after i was done it was a night and day difference of dirt i removed from a black interior.

You don't want to use it on the wood as they're abrasive, don't use them on any glossy surface.

What you need is 1Z Lederpfledge to treat the plastic. It makes it look rich without looking glossy or unnatural.

I still wouldn't though, don't want to make a statement that its safe and then have a member damage their wood. You don't even want to know what those wood trim peices cost lol

I think the reason I like the Magic Erasers so much is that its actually a product that does EXACTLY what it says it does, and they're fairly priced for what they are. Pretty rare nowadays.

Almost makes up for their stupid auto dry thing lol

This is a fantastic product if used properly. It is mildly abraisive and should be used with moderation. I use it with a mixture of 1 part woolite in 5 parts of luke warm water and do not scour too hard but go gently over small areas and repeat the process if necessary. After using the soapy mix with the magic eraser, I wipe the area clean with a cotton or microfiber towel. To finish, I treat the leather with a conditioner and hand buff it dry. My interior looks new and is easy to maintain.

I absolutely love these erasers. They are probably the best thing since sliced bread...no joke!! :lol: There are pictures floating around this forum of my interior when I spent $3 on a 4 pack of magic erasers! My seats/console/doors went from dark brown to light tan like they are supposed to be! I also used them to clean the dirt off of the driver's airbag and shifter knob (I thought I was going to have to replace the knob!).

A fine, fine product!

I absolutely love these erasers. They are probably the best thing since sliced bread...no joke!!  :lol:  There are pictures floating around this forum of my interior when I spent $3 on a 4 pack of magic erasers! My seats/console/doors went from dark brown to light tan like they are supposed to be! I also used them to clean the dirt off of the driver's airbag and shifter knob (I thought I was going to have to replace the knob!).

A fine, fine product!

Here is a real deal on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/10-ScotchBrite-Easy-Er...1QQcmdZViewItem

I just purchased one, Get them while you can.

I absolutely love these erasers. They are probably the best thing since sliced bread...no joke!!  :lol:  There are pictures floating around this forum of my interior when I spent $3 on a 4 pack of magic erasers! My seats/console/doors went from dark brown to light tan like they are supposed to be! I also used them to clean the dirt off of the driver's airbag and shifter knob (I thought I was going to have to replace the knob!).

A fine, fine product!

Here is a real deal on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/10-ScotchBrite-Easy-Er...1QQcmdZViewItem

I got one. Thanks.

A fine, fine product!

I got one. Thanks.

You can't beat the deal with free shipping and you don't have to leave the house, You save 4.95 from store price too. :cheers:

while waiting for my shipment from ebay, I bought some at the store (4/5.00) and tried it. it didn't really take out the grime in the leather "skin lines". how much elbow grease does it take? I was thinking it would just wipe right off - you know, wipe on...wipe off! I don't want to rub so hard the leather itself is damaged. I applied a liberal coat of lexol afterwards. any suggestions appreciated.

while waiting for my shipment from ebay, I bought some at the store (4/5.00) and tried it.  it didn't really take out the grime in the leather "skin lines".  how much elbow grease does it take?  I was thinking it would just wipe right off - you know, wipe on...wipe off!  I don't want to rub so hard the leather itself is damaged.  I applied a liberal coat of lexol afterwards.  any suggestions appreciated.

You have to scrub, and depending on how dirty your seats are will depend on how much pressure you'll need to apply (it's not a wipe on wipe off type thing! ;) ). I had to scrub with a lot of pressure on the eraser since my seats were soooo dirty (if you apply too much pressure you will know too since the dye will come off the leather! lol), and the results were amazing!! Here's a shot....

Before:

DSC00224.sized.jpg

After (the seat and console were replaced a long time ago):

DSC00331.sized.jpg

Pretty cool, huh?!?! It removed dirt and that stain on the seat which I guess was coke. The dirt in the folds of the leather does come out; you just gotta scrub!

I use Lexol's leather conditioner. I also spent $80 on a Leatherique package because of all the high praises that these products tout all over the inernet, and much to my suprise, their products did just about nothing for my upholstry (eventhough I followed their instructions and used several applications.). The leatherique results were no better than what I got form a cheap bottle of Lexol. I find that less is more when applying Lexol.

Good luck!

Great pics Blake! Did you eventually replace the armrest?:cheers: DianeLouise, I have those "skin lines" that you are referring to and these are different than the folds that Blake was able to clean. On my tan leather they are black cracks that will not clean and are permanent. These are cracks that are beyond the leather dye. I don't believe anything short of restoration or replacement will fix them.

Oh yeah I replaced them like a month or two after I go the car. $500 at a junkyard for the seat, steering wheel, and console, and my interior looks brand new!!!

DSC00777.sized.jpg

It's a much better looking picture than that other one, but the passenger seat isn't completely visible! ;)

Oh yeah I replaced them like a month or two after I go the car. $500 at a junkyard for the seat, steering wheel, and console, and my interior looks brand new!!!

DSC00777.sized.jpg

It's a much better looking picture than that other one, but the passenger seat isn't completely visible!  ;)

Now that's what I'm talking about, Beautiful job blake. :cheers: B)

Those ones on ebay aren't Mr Clean Magic Erasers, they're Scotch Bright brand. Not to say they don't work, I'd just stick with Mr Clean because:

1. We know they work

2. They came up with the idea, why support imitators?