Mercedes Vs Bmw

indiasfinest

since this might be the last luxury car my dad gets before riteriment, we figure he should try something different....so the mercedes S-class and the BMW 7 series...both are great cars...personally i like the s series better but my dads pretty confused as of now on what to get...do yo have any personal experiences or advice on what we should get...thanks

since this might be the last luxury car my dad gets before riteriment, we figure he should try something different....so the mercedes S-class and the BMW 7 series...both are great cars...personally i like the s series better but my dads pretty confused as of now on what to get...do yo have any personal experiences or advice on what we should get...thanks

Buy a LS430. :cheers:

Buy a LS430.:cheers:

i'd agree on that one. if it's the last car, for retirement, get an LS430!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I've had both, the S600 and 745Li. If i had to choose one, i would rather have the 745Li. The price is much less, and it's basically in the same class.

I mean none are as good as the Ls by any means, but if you're up to spending over $120,000 for a new s class, when you could pay only $65,000 for an LS...then do what you'd like.

I can tell you from my personal experience that you will like the LS better than any S class or BMW. The reliability factors and safety of the LS are what make it the best car in the world in my opinion. Germaln and American cars just can't compare to Lexus.

That's just my opinion.

we will not be buying an s600 as it is out of the price range...and again hed like a change so ls430 is out :(...it might be used and it will be a s430/400/500..and the 7 series will not have the v12...

Maserati Quattroporte. You might as well go Italian because bmw and merc don't have "IT" ;)

post-1634-1128273109_thumb.jpg

Buy a LS430.:cheers:

i'd agree on that one. if it's the last car, for retirement, get an LS430!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Im with them!

If it's down between the MB & BMW.......I'd personally take the MB. B) I've always felt that no matter what, the MB was always a slight step up over the BMW.....just my 2 cents.

But I would seriously consider perhaps being patient & waiting until the 2007 LS becomes available & have a close look at the LS hybrid. ;)

:cheers:

How did the Audi A8 get left out of the discussion. It is 100X better looking than the BMW, and I personally like it more than the Benz as well. The Audi has AWD, a strong V8, and Audi is known for some of the nicest interiors out there. Plus the car has a nice quasi "Bauhaus" style to it that the others don't. Not only that - there aren't as many on the road and to me that is even more of a plus.

If you're really only considering the Benz and BMW then you have to ask your self one question:

"Do I like the C Class or the 3- Series better?"

(since that's what you'll be driving just as much as the flagship when its in the shop)

Maserati Quattroporte. You might as well go Italian because bmw and merc don't have "IT" ;)

The Quattroporte is a beautiful car; it'd be a tough choice between that and the S class. Depending on how big the interior is I'd probably go with the Masarati just because there aren't 2-3 of them on every street.

The Quattroporte is a beautiful car; it'd be a tough choice between that and the S class. Depending on how big the interior is I'd probably go with the Masarati just because there aren't 2-3 of them on every street.

I personally don't care much for the Quat or whatever it's called. The back looks like a hyundai... The interior doesn't look luxurious to me, does it?

I personally don't care much for the Quat or whatever it's called. The back looks like a hyundai... The interior doesn't look luxurious to me, does it?

I see what you mean about the Hyundai looking tail lights in the rear end, but in person, there is no mistaking the two, the Quattroporte has a really great presence. I've only seen one, but it's made quite an impression! Take a look at their website, they are customizeable in nearly every way...you pick the interior colors for the seats, headliner, steering wheel, carpet, seat piping, trim, and steering wheel wood finish, not to mention all of the packages/options available! Outside, you pick the paint color, caliper color, and rims.

Take a look at the Quattroporte website to see all of the pictures and options. I think its luxury is on par with the competition, but the Quattroporte has one over the competiton, everyone and their brother isn't driving them! lol B)

I see what you mean about the Hyundai looking tail lights in the rear end, but in person, there is no mistaking the two, the Quattroporte has a really great presence. I've only seen one, but it's made quite an impression! Take a look at their website, they are customizeable in nearly every way...you pick the interior colors for the seats, headliner, steering wheel, carpet, seat piping, trim, and steering wheel wood finish, not to mention all of the packages/options available! Outside, you pick the paint color, caliper color, and rims.

Take a look at the Quattroporte website to see all of the pictures and options. I think its luxury is on par with the competition, but the Quattroporte has one over the competiton, everyone and their brother isn't driving them! lol B)

Go drive the MASERATI and you will experience a new level of luxury, Speed and control. Enough said. This topic is a dead duck in my opinion. If you can't make up your own mind on a auto what makes you think someone else will make it for you? <_<

• 4 weeks later...
How did the Audi A8 get left out of the discussion.  It is 100X better looking than the BMW, and I personally like it more than the Benz as well.  The Audi has AWD, a strong V8, and Audi is known for some of the nicest interiors out there.  Plus the car has a nice quasi "Bauhaus" style to it that the others don't.  Not only that - there aren't as many on the road and to me that is even more of a plus. 

Yes, this would be a choice between the Audi & Bimmer for me. Audi makes beautiful interiors for sure.

Mind you, if this is his last car before retirement, reliability should be a major factor. And that really brings it down to just one car - the LS. Maybe the Infiniti Q a close second.

- Sean

Get the BMW. MB has been polluted by Chrystler too much. Hope he likes technology though, otherwise he'll hate that I-Drive setup.

The A8 is no more expensive than a 750. The A8 starts at $69,000. They certainly can get to 80k plus with options, but everything else he's looking for can.

Plus you can probably get a pretty good deal on one since they historically haven't been excellent sellers.

And no reason to be snippy. I think everyone here has been pretty respectful of your lying about your age and childish ego building and puffing. This is a Lexus forum and you're going to get people who like Lexus' vehicles better than the competition obviously. You've gotten a lot of respect on this board and its frankly not very well deserved IMHO, you should appeciate it a little bit more. You'd have been humiliated and run off other forums for the kind of crap you've habitually posted.

I think most of the cars are not durable compare to Lexus. My opinion, about getting a car for retirement. I would consideration on how long I would keep the car, what kind the car I would like Luxury or sport? If only keep the car for couple years with trouble free, any new cars are fine. The only problem left is luxury or sport and how much money do I want to spend?