Garage Opener Question (did Search)

Hey guys. I'm new to the site. I just picked up an 04 RX330. I am having problems programming the garage door opener. I did a search and found all kinds of good stuff. I tried it all and......no go.

Anyone else having this problem? Any advice?

I am usually pretty good with this stuff, but this one has me stumped.

Thanks

I guess you alreayd tried the directions in the manual.

How old is your garage door opener,make .model?

homelink has a website and a technical # to help with programming issues as well.

The house is only a few years old. The opener is a Watne Dalton (Quantum 3212).

Here is a link to HomeLink programming instructions on the Wayne Dalton website --> http://www.wayne-dalton.com/Files/ProductM...nk/Homelink.pdf

The part that many people have difficulty with (or omit) are the actions that must be performed at the garage door motor / light assembly ("Teaching Power Unit" in the Wayne Dalton instructions) after doing the "in car" portion of the programming.

Give it another try. If you are not successful, I think you would have to provide us with a very detailed list of the steps you are following for us to be able to help you.

yep, i have toruble with this, but even before i tried doing it myself, my sales rep. asked if i wanted her to come over and do it for me cause it was so confusing. :blink: just follow the steps carefully. the only advice i have is that i remember having to click a button on the motor of the garage door and then within 30 seconds put the button in the car. :cheers:

on certain garage door openers they have a rotating code to prevent someone from sitting close by and capturing your frequency. i believe yours is that kind. there is a button on the motor of the opener - you will have to remove the whole plastic cap on the motor, and on the side you will see a little push tab, you will need to push that and then go to your RX and complete the coding process (holding down the button until it fast blinks)

• 1 month later...
Hey guys. I'm new to the site. I just picked up an 04 RX330. I am having problems programming the garage door opener. I did a search and found all kinds of good stuff. I tried it all and......no go.

Thanks

I have done all of the different things as well. I have a lift master and cant get my lexus to program to it either. I have followed the manuel for the lexus and the manual for the opener and still no luck. There has to be a secret Im not getting. Please help! anyone who has accomplished this.

Thanks

• 7 months later...

I have a similar issue to. Have any of you experienced this issue with the garage door opener on sun visor. Basically, I have to hold down the button for a LONG time before the garage actually opens (if it works). Sometimes I hold the button down for 10 secs and it doesnt open. I try and try again and finally it catched. My car is parked right outside the garage door so distance of the signal should not be an issue. (I used to be able to open my garage when I was one/two houses away from my home), but now seems like the signal is weak or something. I thought it may be a battery issue, however I replaced my battery maybe two months ago. Should I reprogram the signal again? BTW, I can open my second garage just fine without delay. The first garage only has this issue, so that should eliminate any weak battery issue. Hmmm..

Thanks...

I guess you alreayd tried the directions in the manual.

How old is your garage door opener,make .model?

homelink has a website and a technical # to help with programming issues as well.

Directions? Manual? We don't need no stinkin manual. A real man just does it!

Seriously, read the manual and it becomes quite simple. Hey! I did it!\

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks

I have the same issue. My Es-350 does not open the garage door (Genie intellicode etc etc). I tried reprogramming my homelink but no luck. I cant even find some tabs inside the opener to push and train my homelink....oh well.

Thanks

I have the same issue. My Es-350 does not open the garage door (Genie intellicode etc etc). I tried reprogramming my homelink but no luck. I cant even find some tabs inside the opener to push and train my homelink....oh well.

My suggest is to call Genie and ask if your opener is compatible with HomeLink. There support line is 1-(800)354-3643. According to this link, it looks like the remote in your ES should be able to open your Genie door: http://www.geniecompany.com/GenieCompany.aspx?cid=336

My 2000 RX works with my Genie but it wouldn't work with the button that had already been programed with a previous opener, my old sears. I did the delete just like the manual said but no go.

I used the middle button and it worked right away. It is awesome it will open the door a block and a half away. The Genie opener will only work 100-150 ft away.

Jeff

Ok guys. I will post this here as i told other 4Runner owners these directions. If you follow EXACTLY as I explain, you guys will definitely get it. I had guys in the other forum say they couldn't program it, until I explained and then they thanked me a lot for helping them...

Step 2 is for those who have the rolling code technology. Not sure if you have rolling code? If you can open your handheld garage door openner remote, and see like 10-12 different tabs that you can adjust, it's not a rolling code. Now if you can't open your garage door openner remote, other than to change the battery, you have a rolling code openner.

Originally posted at t4r.org

Ok. Delete the codes in the homelink then try this.

1.Hold down the garage door button and the homelink button u want programmed. Once the light changes from a slow blinking light to a rapid blinking light, release both buttons.

2.Then go to the garage door openner and (this is different for all garage door openners) push the "learn" button ONCE. Within 30 secs, press the same button u programmed 3 times, and it should work.

I think what people are missing when programming their homelink is pushing the button 3 times on those rolling code openners, which most of us now have.

• 2 months later...

DensLexus has this absolutely right. I had a terrible time with my Homelink and finally went to the dealership and he showed me how to program my rolling code garage door opener. Dens description is exactly what the service guy told me with one exception. At the end of step two he told me to press the buttons SLOWLY twice and if the garage door did not go down after the second push then to push it a third time. VOILA! :chairshot:

1.Hold down the garage door button and the homelink button u want programmed. Once the light changes from a slow blinking light to a rapid blinking light, release both buttons.

2.Then go to the garage door openner and (this is different for all garage door openners) push the "learn" button ONCE. Within 30 secs, press the same button u programmed 3 times, and it should work.

• 1 month later...
DensLexus has this absolutely right. I had a terrible time with my Homelink and finally went to the dealership and he showed me how to program my rolling code garage door opener. Dens description is exactly what the service guy told me with one exception. At the end of step two he told me to press the buttons SLOWLY twice and if the garage door did not go down after the second push then to push it a third time. VOILA! :chairshot:

OK, this is exactly right and it's also what the HomeLink website will tell you. My problem is that the 'slow blinking' never becomes rapid. It's as if the HomeLink isn't getting the signal. I've cleared it, put in a new battery, tried different angles, tried the Canadian 'cycling' method. Still, nothing. I just get the slow blink until it just stops. My Wayne Dalton opener is listed by HomeLink as compatible. I honestly don't know what gives.

OK, this is exactly right and it's also what the HomeLink website will tell you. My problem is that the 'slow blinking' never becomes rapid. It's as if the HomeLink isn't getting the signal. I've cleared it, put in a new battery, tried different angles, tried the Canadian 'cycling' method. Still, nothing. I just get the slow blink until it just stops. My Wayne Dalton opener is listed by HomeLink as compatible. I honestly don't know what gives.

Why are you waiting for the rapid blink? Go to step 2 immediately!

Why are you waiting for the rapid blink? Go to step 2 immediately!

The rapid blink tells you that the HomeLink system has recieved and can duplicate the frequency. Without that, step 2 is meaningless. In my situation (8-yr-old Wayne Dalton door opener) I had to get an external 'add-on' reciever/transmitter by Chamberlain LiftMaster. Now, my HomeLink system sends a signal to the Chamberlain add-on, which then sends a signal to my Wayne Dalton door opener. The part cost me $70 and about 10 minutes to install. Works like a dream.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have a Liftmaster 1/2 hp garage door opener with rolling code feature.

I tried the suggestion here to press the garage door opener remote button and the homelink button together, then press the Learn button on the garage door opener overhead unit, then push the homelink button again.

It worked!

Thanks.

Glad it worked out. Why does it seem like you guys can figure it out when I type it up, but you cant figure it out from the owner's manual! All I did was re-word it a little from the owner's manual, but it's practically the same thing as stated in the manual! lol...

I actually downloaded the operating manual for the garage door opener. With that info, the vehicle manual, plus the info here, I was able to get it done right at my very first try. Cool!

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I have followed the procedures several times to a T and still no luck. I had to use a second remote to get to the rapid blink stage (first one didn't work even though it made the door go up and down). I have cleared the codes at both ends and although I can see that the opener is receiving signals from the car, the flash rate changes on the opener when it is in Learn mode, it just isn't "LEARNING". I have referred to info here, the car's manual, the Genie website and the Homelink website. After clearing the codes on the opener, I had to do a relearn on all my openers including the one on my Chevy Impala so the opener has the ability to learn.

Looks like I will be calling the Lexus dealer to see if they can send someone out. I hate to give in :cries: but I would like the opener to work.

• 2 weeks later...
I have followed the procedures several times to a T and still no luck. I had to use a second remote to get to the rapid blink stage (first one didn't work even though it made the door go up and down). I have cleared the codes at both ends and although I can see that the opener is receiving signals from the car, the flash rate changes on the opener when it is in Learn mode, it just isn't "LEARNING". I have referred to info here, the car's manual, the Genie website and the Homelink website. After clearing the codes on the opener, I had to do a relearn on all my openers including the one on my Chevy Impala so the opener has the ability to learn.

Looks like I will be calling the Lexus dealer to see if they can send someone out. I hate to give in :cries: but I would like the opener to work.

I just bought a 2007 ES350 and spent a day and a half trying to get the Homelink button in the car programmed with no luck. I also have a Genie. Well, today I went out and bought a new garage door remote since I had given up on the programming and would need a remote for the new car. I bought the remote at Lowes. Single button, Genie remote with a 390 mhz single frequency. I came home, programmed the remote to the garage door opener and then just for laughs tried to program the Homelink button again. It worked! Really quick and simple - worked like a charm.

I had read on an Acura forum a post from someone that said your garage door remote needed to be 390 mhz - I don't know what the old one was, but all I know is this worked. The new remote was $29.95 at Lowes.