The Ls600h

http://images.snapfish.com/343%3C274323232...3B3849%3Bot1lsi

The LS600h sketch as shown in the *SCOOP* section of the July 2005 CARTOP mag in Japan.

A copy from one of the sketches drawn from a chief designer from the Lexus LS project.

Therefore, there would be some exterior features from the Carmode sketch were missing from

the actual prototype vehicle itself. But nevertheless, these sketches are good enough to show

how the exterior of the LS sedan should look like.

According to Kelvin Yamamura, currently working as the deputy research director at Toyota Motors in Japan.

LS600h sedan would produce close to 460 horsepower.

A new 7-speed transmission, I don’t see there’s a reason why this sedan would not out run the Mercedes S 600

or BMW 760 LI on the road.

Some most likely features:

1: Intelligent Active Suspension System (IASS)

This technology was developed under the existing active suspension system currently employed by the

Celsoir sedan. The system works through a central computer which would constantly monitor each

suspension in the car. Whenever sedan turns into sharp corners, the central computer would issue

commands to adjust each suspension appropriately to enhance the sedan’s cornering ability.

2. New, lightweight sound deadening system

In order to maintain the weight of the new LS sedan to weight less than two tons, the engineers

have successfully invent a new lightweight sound deadening system for both Century and the LS

sedan. Unlike Honda’s noise canceling system, the sound deadening system was designed to not

only absorb noises on the road, it would also try to contain these noises from intruding into the cabin.

3. Intelligent Night-vision System with “Active Safe”

Unlike most night-vision systems you have seen in some American brand sedans or in the Legend

sedan, this system works by not only identify any moving object (ie. animals or children) that emitted

heat energy. When the object was detected by the computer and is likely to cause the impact. The

computer would initiate a signal, warning to the driver to the upcoming object and would immediately

apply brake pressure that would try to avoid a direct impact to the object.

4. Advanced Lane Departure Warning System

Unlike the current lane departure warning system that has employed in some sedans, the advanced

version of the system includes a more sensitive radar that is more sensitive and accurate in picking

up the lane markers during any weather condition. It also has an automatic control that can either set

on and off by the driver where if your car is beginning to steer off lane, the computer would send a

warning signal to the driver and would automatically steer you back gently into the correct direction.

-In addition, although you might not be able to see the real pictures of the Lexus LS prototype,

it would definitely be shown in the upcoming Tokyo auto show.

John

Ah-hah. Cadillac meets Acura RL. I'll take it, though, as long as the transmission is more agressively geared than in the previous generations. ...a note to Lexus HQ - it's OK to hold a gear past 2000rpm! Geez. Use that big engine for something other than it's torque...

I'm sold. Put me on the waiting list.

I'm moving in next door.....buddy ;)

Is it just me, or is lexus making all their new models look like space ships??

The gs, Is and now this. I don't like them as much; just my opinion. Too many lines...

-The rear door window looks like a pontiac LOL and es330 ?

-rear light look like a pontiac G6 ?

Personally as long as they don't look like the ES and SC they will look good.

Styling trends are just that ,every car maker has a design theory which merge over to others during creation.

Otherwise we would have cars that looked like a 82 delorean , a 1996 caprice classic and ferrari 360 all at the same time with no similar designs.

Personally as long as they don't look like the ES and SC they will look good.

Styling trends are just that ,every car maker has a design theory which merge over to others during creation.

Otherwise we would have cars that looked like a 82 delorean , a 1996 caprice classic and ferrari 360 all at the same time with no similar designs.

True B)

Not saying the current ES or SC is bad just not my taste.

I love the old SC for its long graceful lines.

And the 00-01 ES for its slight refreshed look.

My biggest problem with the current ES is the headlights.

Not saying the current ES or SC is bad just not my taste.

I love the old SC for its long graceful lines.

And the 00-01 ES for its slight refreshed look.

My biggest problem with the current ES is the headlights.

I agree as well. While I think that the current ES is probably the best ES to date in terms of luxury & refinement, I still don't care for the exterior styling that much. I thought that it would grow on me, but it hasn't and I think that it's the swept back headlight look that turns me off.

The headlights on the new 5 Series strike me in a similar way although that car has a few more styling issues than just the headlights.

Its all a matter of taste but I think the headlights are my favorite part of the car. I think of the ES generations its definately my favorite, followed by the original ES300 and the 97-01 a distant third. Its appealing but the styling is niether interesting like the current ES, or smooth like the original ES. Never cared for it.

As for that LS rendering, I still wouldn't put much stock in it. Lexus is VERY tight lipped about new models and I can't recall ever seeing a spy shot that looked like the real thing.

is it just me or does the picture lok like a 5 series from the side and doesnt the new gs look like a maxima? i was at bayridge lexus today buying a thermostat,atfand fuel filter and i was talking to one of the guys and he sai the same thing