Yesss I Got My Ls400

akewlguy

Congrats man! Look forward to seeing the pictures. I have owned a 94 for over 8 years and I love every time I ride it. It is still as beautiful as the day I bought it.

Regarding the error on CD player, it may be because of a bad CD jacket. You may want to get a new one and see if that works before chaning the whole cd changer.

Good luck and welcome to the club :cheers:

Congrats. I have the same car at 201,000 miles. No surprise fixes yet!

It drives nicer than all the new cars except its current version.

Be sure your cd is not put in incorrectly. Correct side face is upside down on this changer. I make that mistake constantly and get that err. I've never serviced the cd or changer. I bet thats all it is and it will sound great.

I've never seen the button labeled econ & perf. Maybe economy & performance?

Anyway it is your ECT button (Electronically Controlled Transmission). When the ECT is on it changes the way that the transmission shifts for a more sporty drive (holds in a lower gear longer). On this site there seems to be some debate as to whether or not it actually does anything. Without opening a can of worms, I think that it does make the car accellerate faster in normal (around town) driving conditions.

Go up a hill in econ mode, hold your pedal right at the down shift point, but not quite, and then flip it to performance mode, you'll see the transmission drop down two gears, as in econ mode, it will drop down one. It basically puts the transmission and engine further up the torque curve. Eats more gas, but uses the gears more. Does nothing for horsepower. The car has 2XX horse, and that's it. Just readjusts the way they're used.

congrats on the LS..Looks great!

The standard headlight bulbs that are in your LS400 right now are called halogens. Halogen bulbs contain one of the halogen elements, and emit a yellowish hue color when burned on a filament. This is the color that you see now.

Xenon bulbs contain xenon gas, which emits more of a whitish/blue hue color. It's brighter and makes you more visible at night. They're more expensive, but are worth it. All of the newer model lexus' have xenon lamps. They make a big difference.

wow "kewlguy" your car looks like it has no dents scratches or anything of that sort it wa really a steal and i guess lexkid beat me to the xenon question but your car being the first generation and all with halogen bulbs you wont be dissapointed with the xenons (im sure uve seen a car with them ) :D

Congrats.

Yes,xenon bulbs will make your car perfect.

I'm planning to get the xenon bulbs for my LS400 too,but I'd like to find a set of crystal headlights first.At least,clear.

what is the crystal headlight?? cost?.. cost for xenon bulbs? Yes I have seen them and I am going to buy them!!

Day three we drove to wifes graduation and it was great! AC works so well in these cars.. Much nicer then the retired Ford Contour SE.

The CD changer works amazing also!! I love the sound..

The gentleman (Jim Walker) who fixes the dash light issue for $250.. Does anyone know how to contact him..?

A KEWL STORY: Today after graduation my wife wanted ice cream so we went to this place by my house.. We pull up with about 100 people there and I back up the LEXUS. After ordering ice cream the LEXUS was by far the nicest car in the lot. It was awesome! Everyone thinks I am the wealthy business man!! Well I am working on it, but the car speaks for it self.. All my friends and family think its a 2000 until I state 1993..

I LOVE MY LEXUS!!

what is the crystal headlight?? cost?.. cost for xenon bulbs? Yes I have seen them and I am going to buy them!!

Day three we drove to wifes graduation and it was great! AC works so well in these cars.. Much nicer then the retired Ford Contour SE.

The CD changer works amazing also!! I love the sound..

The gentleman (Jim Walker) who fixes the dash light issue for $250.. Does anyone know how to contact him..?

A KEWL STORY: Today after graduation my wife wanted ice cream so we went to this place by my house.. We pull up with about 100 people there and I back up the LEXUS. After ordering ice cream the LEXUS was by far the nicest car in the lot. It was awesome! Everyone thinks I am the wealthy business man!! Well I am working on it, but the car speaks for it self.. All my friends and family think its a 2000 until I state 1993..

I LOVE MY LEXUS!!

I play pool with a lot of guys in their 20's and they think I'm like some rich guy because I drive this pristine 91 Lexus. I keep telling them their used trucks and Honda Accords are worth more than my old Lex. For some reason they don't believe me though. 6 or 7 grand max. I don't even consider full insurance coverage for a car worth this little. In fact my insurance is 300 a year. My wife keeps telling me to get a new car but I just can't part with what I've got. I've got my time and some of my blood invested in this car. She wants me to also get a new fancy wedding band. I try to tell her its not the bling its the history I have with what's been on my finger all these years.

the crystal headlights are clear u kno how rihgt now your headlights have the lines on them so u cant see bulb and other stuff back there and u kno how the new cars lights are clear well thats what crystal headlights are and about the xenon u can find them anywhere really if your not going to get a HID set but it will run you around 80-120 for the whole set im not sure about your model

o and about the ice cream experience expect to get more like that and nobody will kno its a 93 people are usually stunned jus to hear the lexus name and dont kno much exept the fact it costs alot :cheers:

Congratulations. Your car is a beauty. Enjoy it, its one of the most prestige cars you can possibly drive. :)

:cheers:

By the way, Did you fix the problem with your CD Player. For me it read error because a previous owner locked the 3 digit number password which you have to enter to access the system. I think you get 5 tries, if all the passwords are incorrect the system shuts down and gives you an error sign. I had that problem, then I took it out with a lexus dealer they told me to reactivate it would be about 100 bucks. Instead I just decided to remove the front cd player face, and put a standard cd player without using a cd changer. The whole rewiring and putting on the new cd player cost me about 200 bucks.

Good luck and Enjoy.

What a gorgeous car! :cheers: I hope you get many trouble free miles from her! I'll be having the same dreams since I haven't driven my LS in over a week(pics and a post why to come); as great as an ES is, it's no LS! My speedometer sticks at 0 from time to time, but it only happens on cold mornings, and a little tap on the dash over the speedo would make it spring in to action.

People staring at you and what not is fun now, but it got old to me real quick, so dark tint was added...problem solved!

:cheers:

true story: got my 95 last year in the spring, got some flack from the exec board here at work when I requested a raise due to steller performance, closed a $16 million commercial retail deal with 2 other lenders, 8 month pain in the ars. they said, and I quote "from the looks of it, you're doing just fine" as the scumbag cfo pointed out the window to the parking lot. I simply stated to him "as a cfo, I would expect you to understand the downside to a personal depreciation hit. Glad you like my 10 year old Toyota I got for less than a used Kia". Not only did I get my raise, the b*stard actually wanted to drive the car, and now he has one. Not as nice as mine though. Revenge is sweet, just sent him to the dealership for upper control arm replacement for the "clunk", which is actually coming from the lower's and strut rods! Hahahaha! I told him I made the dealership fix mine before I bought it. Hahahaa.

Revenge is sweet, just sent him to the dealership for upper control arm replacement for the "clunk", which is actually coming from the lower's and strut rods! Hahahaha! I told him I made the dealership fix mine before I bought it. Hahahaa.

At first - I was on YOUR side. That was until the 'revenge is sweet' part. As it turns out - YOU turned out to be just as bast*rdly as that cfo. How does being LIKE HIM make YOU any better?

Craig

Because if I were cfo, I would pay my guys something even close to what the market pays, and I would not withhold their annual bonus because I wanted to add my spoiled "D" student son to my membership status at the country club. Ever seen the movie Caddyshack? Remeber Spalding? Yep, you know what I'm talking about. I'm offended by your comment craig, you have no idea who I am, or what I am about. I get up in the morning and bust my tail to help people achieve the AMERICAN dream. I help a mom who's had a dream of opening their very own childeren's book store become a reality. I help people who came here from far away countries start a new life with their very own sub shops, gas stations, and whatever else they have dreamed about. I also help doctors buy their own office buildings to practice in, the United States Government GSA programs obtain industrial space to operate for good will of not only our country, but others connected to us. So, to call me a b*stard is out of line. I am also a loving husband to be, a father to 3 stray animals that were faced with certain death, and VERY well liked and respected in my community as an up and coming leader.

Tell me this slick, if you mowed your neighbor's yard, only to find out your pay was $5, when it was agreed upon for $30 for the job, how would you feel? Exactly! Now, IF you Craig are one of those types of people who thinks getting ahead in the world is achieved by !Removed! over those who put your butt there in the first place, then you best stay out of my way! Because karma seems to have a way of evening out the playing field and I sure don't want to be around you when it does. Mr. CFO asked me for a favor, when he screwed me over on purpose. I refused and pointed him to where he should go for the answers. It's not my fault he is to arrogant to spend some time on the internet and learn about his 96 LS400, like we here have done by those who offer advice, post Pdf. files, offer connections to good deals, and don't just ask questions and make negative comments.

SWO3ES, are you in here? Moderators?

Thanks for the comment craig. real professional son, real professional.