Almost Sold The Ls.

jmwgomz

post-16138-1117602139_thumb.jpgpost-16138-1117602154_thumb.jpgI was about to sell my 1991 LS400 because I bought a motorcycle. I met up with a potential buyer and he was so ignorant and and annoying that I decided that I could not allow a person such as this to become the new owner of my great car. I've decided to keep my LS; even if i only drive it once a month.

Anyway here's a couple of pics of the bike:

I know when my dad was living in San Diego he had a motorcycle and one time he was telling somebody about how a guy pulled out in front of him and at the last second pulled back or moved pout of the way. Kinda scary, thats why I like to

LOOK at motorcyles. What I really don't like are those little yellow ones. I saw 2 peolpe riding them today and I am afraid someones really gonna hurt on one of those things.

Just my thoughts : )

I know when my dad was living in San Diego he had a motorcycle and one time he was telling somebody about how a guy pulled out in front of him and at the last second pulled back or moved pout of the way. Kinda scary, thats why I like to

LOOK at motorcyles. What I really don't like are those little yellow ones. I saw 2 peolpe riding them today and I am afraid someones really gonna hurt on one of those things.

My thoughts exactly. There are some really good looking ones to look at too!! Someone would have to pay me a lot of money to ride one of those things. I have an uncle that broke his neck on a late model Harley Fatboy when he lost control and went over a small cliff. Needless to say, he used the $25k(it was some rare anniver. model) in insurance money and bought something with some steel between him and the other motorists...he bought a '01 Town Car...quite a change of pace, but I guess a broken neck will do that to you. Luckily, he healed 100% and has no neck/back problems-he was extremely lucky. You guys be careful with those bikes! :cheers:

My thoughts exactly. There are some really good looking ones to look at too!! Someone would have to pay me a lot of money to ride one of those things. I have an uncle that broke his neck on a late model Harley Fatboy when he lost control and went over a small cliff. Needless to say, he used the $25k(it was some rare anniver. model) in insurance money and bought something with some steel between him and the other motorists...he bought a '01 Town Car...quite a change of pace, but I guess a broken neck will do that to you. Luckily, he healed 100% and has no neck/back problems-he was extremely lucky. You guys be careful with those bikes! :cheers:

Bikes are great to look at. I'd rather drive my lex. My 2 cents. Glad you kept your LS .

Gotta go against the grain a bit. Bikes are dangerous, and I would never ride one in a city for the reasons already mentioned. But on a Sunday afternoon, in the countryside with no traffic, they sure are fun. Of course, you need proper training and gradually step up the power of the bike's capability with experience. If you're inexperienced, no formal training on how to read the pavement, turns, traffic and clouds, and buy some 1200 CC penile projectile machine, well, God be with ya'.

:huh: WOW! Some very passionate opponents to the motorcycle idea. I've thoroughly taken into consideration the potential risks involved in riding a motorcycle in a city such as San Diego (and in any city, for that matter). I know that no level of training can keep a person from falling victim to the mistakes of others (which happens to be a HUGE downfall in a motorcycle). All one can do is make sure that you understand your personal limitations. Sometimes what's important is not what you do, but what you refrain from doing.

My reason for dismissing better judgement is very simple: I LOOOVE TO RIDE; and what better city to do it in. I think that if I was ever going to buy a street bike, this would be the time to do it. I am 23, unmarried and have no children. Once one has a family, other things become more important.

I don't mean to sound like I'm on the deffensive here but I'm very surprised at the ammount of negative feedback I got on the motorcycle.

Well If any of you decide to "go nuts" and buy a motorcycle. I invite you to visit San diego on a ride. Perfect riding conditions, friendly people, and an all around great city ;) .