2005 Rx 330 Navigation

mpoliquin

Just purchased a new 2005 RX 330 with navigation. love the vehicle, but disapointed with the Navigation system with blue tooth, as can not use the system while vehicle in motion. does anyone know how to disable the motion sensor, so that the navigation and phone system can be fully utilized while in motion. I understand that it is not too difficult to do on a 2004 system, but with the changes for 2005, that alteration no longer works. Would appreciate input as this is a real problem for a person who is in the auto for many hours of the day.

Your vehicle, like my 2001, has a local area network and the motion signal is sent to the nav over this link. Unless you can decode the serial stream its unlikely you will be able to do this.

Been there, wasn't able to do that!

I remember that some Prius owners figured out a hardware hack where you connect a switch in line with the speed input to the nav. Turn off the switch, and the nav thinks you have stopped. That doesn't work any more? Those Prius folks are pretty crafty, I hope they get it. I know that they are working on the phone as well.

I have the 2004 RX 330 and am interested in the comment about it being easier to disable the motion sensor on the GPS for that year. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thank you.

I have the 2004 RX 330 and am interested in the comment about it being easier to disable the motion sensor on the GPS for that year.  I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.  Thank you.

I am advised that AirStream in Huntington Beach can help you. they are the ones that told me the systems prior to 2005 could be disabled.

I have the 2004 RX 330 and am interested in the comment about it being easier to disable the motion sensor on the GPS for that year.  I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.  Thank you.

I am advised that AirStream in Huntington Beach can help you. they are the ones that told me the systems prior to 2005 could be disabled.

I am ticked off that Lexus felt the need to play "mommy" and not allow us to use the navigation system when the car is in motion. My mercedes allows me to use the navigation when the car is in motion.

This is one of the most ANNOYING features of the navigation in the lexus.

• 2 months later...
Just purchased a new 2005 RX 330 with navigation.  love the vehicle, but disapointed with the Navigation system with blue tooth, as can not use the system while vehicle in motion.  does anyone know how to disable the motion sensor, so that the navigation and phone system can be fully utilized while in motion.  I understand that it is not too difficult to do on a 2004 system, but with the changes for 2005, that alteration no longer works.  Would appreciate input as this is a real problem for a person who is in the auto for many hours of the day.

I am trying to do the same on my 2004 RX330. I've been told by Lexus USA that it has been done but can't get specific. I've asked the dealer and they don't know of any work around. If you have any details I would appreciate if you share the info of what you knaow about disabling the motion sensor on the 2004

Hey Vic. Did you find anything? I have a 2004 RX330 and am trying to do the same thing but was not a member of the owners club to see the writeup with the instructions.

Hi all

Coastal Tech has a Navigation Enhancement Kit for the Prius that will disable the factory motion sensor without cutting into the factory wires.

From what I've read a while back they're working on something similar for Lexus models.

I didn't talk to them so I'm not sure if this will work on RXs. If anyone does please post.

Here's the link:

http://www.coastaletech.com/nav_kit.htm.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Vic. Did you find anything? I have a 2004 RX330 and am trying to do the same thing but was not a member of the owners club to see the writeup with the instructions.

Bump.. also interested in this info. (I have a 2004 RX330)

• 1 month later...

Yep, that trick works like a charm for playing with the NAV while driving (well Wife driving and Im playing:) )

I bet once you get into override mode it may take care of the bluetooth issue as well? Let us know

Yep, that trick works like a charm for playing with the NAV while driving (well Wife driving and Im playing:) )

I bet once you get into override mode it may take care of the bluetooth issue as well? Let us know

I noticed thjat the same screen had a button marked "tel voice" What does it do?