Speed

basher_boy

check for specs online or in the manual i found out that mine can do 156 mph, but it is 1996

i did only 145, got scared to go faster, but i remember lookin for the max speed online so open google and try to find it:)

• 2 weeks later...

This was not me, I didnt do this :) Im very confident in my car, and I have Z rated tires, but I dont think I would have the cajones for anything over 135. Its a nice little background if you want to make your friends think your insane. But Im never one to let them keep thinking it was me. Im pretty sure this is real also. If he had gone into this with about a quarter tank of gas, I imagine he would have broken 150. Of and just for anyone who dosnt know, these are 90-94 gagues

post-4-1056556923.jpg

I looked at the picture. Jeezeee... Looks like the picture was a little shakey which I certainly understand. I think I'll just send the picture to my brother without any caption, maybe he will think I did it! Great shot. Denny

My GS did 155...My wife was in labor! the louder she cried and moaned the faster I went! Thank god it was 3:55 AM.... My son in the back seat said " Uh, dad your over 150-are we going to slow down?" Hell I drove 42 miles that way and made it to the Hospital in like 12 min? It was a good thing ! my baby girl was dilivered 3 min later in the hall for all to see..... :o

I was racing with nissan 240 zx and maxima SE on an old runway in the Floyd Bennet Field in new york and i did that 145 right there, it was really scary to drive that fast and i had no room to accelerate more and it felt like the car can do more, i think the top speed for lexus is limited my the ECM, if i would knew the way to reprogram it i think i would be able to do more, but those experiments require very good tires, even my VR tires were really hot and stinky when i stopped.

Hi guys!

We sometimes ran our 1995 LS400Mk3 on the German Autobahn. One evening, coming down from Hamburg to Münster, we wanted to know it. My wife was driving, and I tried to calibrate the speedo with my stopwatch, while she tried to hold the LS at a steady 240km/h (150mph). The stopwatch showed 235km/h, so the speedo was off, but not too far. Then my wife stepped on it. Amazingly enough the car actually picked up speed quite quickly. In the end we brought the needle to 270km/h (168mph), so that should have been around 165mph real. It was a free highway and practically without traffic, there was nothing scary about it. So there is definitely life after 150mph

:-)

In the meantime we have changed the car for a 2002 LS430, and that one's definitely limited at 250km/h.

nothing scary when there are no speed limit and no cops around, after i got stopped for doing 110 and spent half of the day in the precinct and gettin 11 points on my license and increasing my insurance up to 5k i'm kinda scared to go above the speed limit. they have their ways to prove their point......

VMF--how did you get caught at 110. I ask that because I have been driving way way to fast since I got a Valentine one for my Birthday.

So is the speed in the 90 ls 400 electronically limited?

I get to 130 than back off because I am worried about my old tires, and my driving skill. I am often over 90 for extended periods though.

i was racing with acura NSX and undercover police officer was driving on the same highway and we passed him, and he put the siren on and then 2 other cars showed up and screamed at us to pull over. 10x god they didnt impound the car, my bro drove me home and then went to the prcecinct to take care of me.

dont know what happend to that NSX guy

i think the first gen LS400 were drag limited to 149 but im sure that can easily be brocken at night tempratures and or down hill speed runs. the newer LS 400s can go a little faster cus of the increase in hp and torque.

Actually the first generation LS have A341E transmission (one those year have the A341E, no other car have that tranny) and 2nd, 3rd gen have 340E and Latest have 650E Transmission. If all the speed limit is taken out. The first gen will have higher top speed eventhough is has lower hp. Why? the first gen have tall gear ratio.

Actually, all gen LS400s, 90-00 are electronically limited to 149MPH. The old LS400's cD (co-efficient of drag) isn't much lower than the older versions, it is .29, and the second and third gens are .28. The 430 is limited to 131 I believe, because of the ULEV certification.

it was on a highway with many cars on a road so the distance did not matter. tickets: not signalling of changing lanes - 80$, speeding in the zone 50-60 - court and 120$ ticket and 500$ for the lawer, reckless driving - another 100$ and another 200$ for the lawer....... They didnt revoke my license only beacuse of the lawer, but i still have points....