Local 2000 Ls400 Going A Little Too Fast?

90LS400Lexus

The other day, a older lady in a very late 90s or 2000 Lexus LS400 was tagging pretty close behind me on the highway. The next morning on my way to work, at the exact same spot, the TN state police had her pulled over and I am assuming was either writing a speeding ticket, or he just wanted to get a good look at the car? :D :lol: It is a beautiful car. It is like a sand color, with gold trim. Anyone know what the correct name is for this color on these cars?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting story.

'Back in about around 1998 when I was in 6th grade, one of my older brother's friend [high schooler] told me that his words were: "The police officer don't pull over people for speeding too often who are driving a Luxury sedan with a tie or are dressed up, because the officer thinks that he or she is probably late to work.' Before: :unsure::lol:

Now: :whistles: after driving for a while, I haven't seen any Lexus pulled over yet. Either that or its just matter of time :whistles: . Hope it is not my Lexus. :(

hey 93, did i read that right? in 98 u were in 6th grade?? that makes u a senior in high school now and ur about 18 right? that would make u only 1 year older than me. i thought i was the only LS owner on this forum under the age of 25!

also, i've never seen any Lexus pulled over yet either. it might be true about the suit and tie but does the same concept apply to younger LS owners like you and me. i'm thinkin that cops would still see us as punk teens in daddy's car even tho we own them.

I still have 2 months until I hit 18. There are three under 18 LS owners in this forum, that I know of. Me, you, and the other one [has two lexi].....you find out!!!

I think there are several LS owners under 25 on this forum.

I graduated last month. And am going to college in your city, NC State University. Maybe I'll see you some day.

Three of my friends have Gen. 1 LS'es and they bought them when they were 17 and 18 years old, this was about 3 years ago.

also, i've never seen any Lexus pulled over yet either. it might be true about the suit and tie

Let's see what other people have to say about it especaily people who live in NC.

does the same concept apply to younger LS owners like you and me. i'm thinkin that cops would still see us as punk teens in daddy's car even tho we own them.

I hope not.

90LS400Lexus: If you call Lexus and give them a VIN# of a Lexus can they tell you what color of the car is? Or certification of ownership is required to do this. If not, find one on ebay that is the color you are looking for, get the VIN of it and call Lexus.

Or find a picture of the car from the internet and post it here; then ask, then you can get the correct name of it from someone here.

OMG, im only 16... a matter of fact.. i just turned 16 about 15 days ago lol!! I chose this name so that NO ONE would suspect me to be a youngster -.-, but I guess there are others just coming out of the closet lol!

and the other one [has two lexi].....you find out!!!

Who is this? :whistles:

Anyways, I hate to spoil the post, but I've already been pulled over. :censored: The funny thing is it wasn't for speed! It was for my inspection sticker that ran out 5 months ago. I know; I know; I should have taken care of it(my car is fine; I just never got a round to it!)! The whole situation was for nothing because I had a friend in the local PD take care of the ticket for me! :D muhaha

1UZFE, your theory(about the punks) is very right! The cop that pulled me over asked who the car was for with the implication(maybe I did misinterpret, but I'm extremely doubtful.) that it had to be my dad's or mom's. It is very rude, but I've been driving Lexi since I was 16, so I'm used to all of the nasty looks and stares from other people. Suprisingly, I get the worst treatment from my dealer the 3 or 4 times I've been! My service advisor has a real problem with my age for some reason which is quite suprising since Lexus dealers are supposed to be so wonderful. Having the Lex is well worth it though...you take the good with the bad! B)

:cheers:

im a 21 year old balck male.With a lexus the cops in baltimore treat me real good :D i get pulled over like once a month because i have the nice rims and all.When the get to my window and look in the back seat.They see my three little kids then they just send me on my way.I speed alot race my car alot and never get pulled over.When im doing the speed limit my car always fits the one there looking for.My dealer always treats me with respect.The other lexus owners or soon to be always thinks i work there.All of this just makes me love my Ls even more.Looking to get a gs,sc in like 6months.Now that will make theam mad

hey 93, did i read that right? in 98 u were in 6th grade?? that makes u a senior in high school now and ur about 18 right? that would make u only 1 year older than me. i thought i was the only LS owner on this forum under the age of 25!

also, i've never seen any Lexus pulled over yet either. it might be true about the suit and tie but does the same concept apply to younger LS owners like you and me. i'm thinkin that cops would still see us as punk teens in daddy's car even tho we own them.

<----..thank god no one knows my age...wow

i highly doubt that

I bought my first Lexus in January, 2004 and found this forum after a week. And let me tell you, I visit this forum about more than 5 times a day. Since you are new let me give you the low down of the LOC. I’m only 17 years old and my birth date has been posted in my profile since the day I joined. I’m not an expert with cars internally, you can read throw my old posts and see what I have said. I talk about things that I know of: how to go about buying a maintained used car and where to find it or keeping it in a good condition by recommending the leather conditioner, waxes and so forth that I have used on my family cars or heck just give my opinion about something like rims or window tint, etc…. These young guys that have posted above, they know more about cars than most people here in this forum; nobody here cares how old you are, where you are from, or how much your car costs.

The only thing that matters here is Respect, kindness and willingness to help each other out. And have a good time, period. :cheers:

I have learned so much about cars in the past few months that it is just unbelievable to me.

i highly doubt that

I bought my first Lexus in January, 2004 and found this forum after a week. And let me tell you, I visit this forum about more than 5 times a day. Since you are new let me give you the low down of the LOC. I’m only 17 years old and my birth date has been posted in my profile since the day I joined. I’m not an expert with cars internally, you can read throw my old posts and see what I have said. I talk about things that I know of: how to go about buying a maintained used car and where to find it or keeping it in a good condition by recommending the leather conditioner, waxes and so forth that I have used on my family cars or heck just give my opinion about something like rims or window tint, etc…. These young guys that have posted above, they know more about cars than most people here in this forum; nobody here cares how old you are, where you are from, or how much your car costs.

The only thing that matters here is Respect, kindness and willingness to help each other out. And have a good time, period.:cheers:

I have learned so much about cars in the past few months that it is just unbelievable to me.

i probrably know more than most here too being that i was the president of my autoclub at my high school.

pic of a one of my cars in the shop

f9eacae9.jpg

which is the funny thing. most people may think ohh expensive car bet u don't know how it works. lol i am the other way around..quick question who here knows how vtech or vvt-i works? i say probrably less than half

I have an idea how old you are but since you don't want anyone to know I won't say ;) And no we have no way of knowing as managers either :D Honestly though, I don't think it would make a difference, people here are the cream of the crop.

I would like everyone else to guess how old I am :D

Even if we knew your age it wouldn't change anything. ;)

I know! Who gives a crap?? Who cares if you're old(we'll all be old someday, so who cares? It's a fact of life!)?? An '03 ES owner is in his 70's, and we love him just as much as members that are 30. We're all here for one thing-to talk about our Lexi and develop friendships. That's it! :D I've never once felt descriminated by my young age here! Steve's right; LOC has some great people. :D Take a look at other online car clubs. For ex., I looked at a Mustang Cobra club(since we have one). Wow, was I amazed. The people are so childish, and all they do is argue and insult each other about frivolous things.

LS430, that is a gorgeous FX! :wub: Doesn't vvt-i use hydraulic lifters to !Removed! and accelerate the opening and closing of the valves to maximize low end hp and torque--fuel econ.?

Steve, I say 35-40 years old. <_< I do know what your screen name means! lol There was a post from a long, long time ago that seemed to disappear that had everyone explain their LOC handle.

The other day, a older lady in a very late 90s or 2000 Lexus LS400 was tagging pretty close behind me on the highway. The next morning on my way to work, at the exact same spot, the TN state police had her pulled over and I am assuming was either writing a speeding ticket, or he just wanted to get a good look at the car? :D :lol: It is a beautiful car. It is like a sand color, with gold trim. Anyone know what the correct name is for this color on these cars?

Could be my color:

Mystic Gold Metallic - a new color introduced in 1999.

Ha! I fooled you didn't I 93lsOwner :). I wish i knew how a v-tech engine worked.. I just now the basics of an engine like you have the air/gas mixture is injected, then the pistons push up and the fuel is ignited and turned into motion and then the exhaust comes out.. but I'm learning!!! I'm thinking about repainting my 92' Ls 400 because of all the scratches and marks. Right now its the Black Jade Pearl - so pretty - I might get the same paint job, or I may just go with a white to hide future scratches :)

blake- Nope, who gets the next guess ;)

I figured that just after I submitted. I interpret the " :D " as you've got some sort of shocking age for us, so your age has to be either 25-30 or 50+! :lol: Future guessers, 30-40 is out(unless you're 34. It could take days for a number that precise!)!! lol

I shall remain on the edge of my seat! :lol: