What Do We Do For A Living

SpeedRacer959

I am a commercial real estate lender and a small business lender for a large credit union. You guys here who have your own business, and got a start-up loan, you're probably familiar with my kind...and probably hate the SBA. ;) I also lend on commercial properties ranging from $150k to $20 million +. I'm looking to get out of the credit union side of the game and move into a more traditional lending spot, maybe life insurance side. "credit unions = non-profit = when you don't work for profit, don't expect to get any." Plus, the banking community would like to hang guys like me for having the ability to clip them on rate and loan structuring due to our tax-exempt status. Gets a little dicey for me sometimes. I don't do politics, but find myself surrounded by politicians at times. That costs extra. I'm a second generation to this industry, my dad just retired. I've been doing it for 5 years, learning it for 8 years and living with it for 32 years. It's all I know....well...many moons ago I use to be a camera loader for major motion pictures. I know a Panavision, moviecam and arri like the back of my hand....wait, is that a wart? what the? ;)

PS: Katie Holmes, if you're on here...your bar tab at Dock Sides is still outstanding, and I want my Flintstone boxers back. :whistles:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am a student. English, and work security for a living until finishing the BA. I was also a Jet Mechanic in the US Navy for about 10 years. Worked on the J-52 Jet Engine, J-60, J-85, T-58 and in the planes A-4 and H-3 the same helicopter that picked up the first man from the moon.

I hope to become either a lawyer or a Ph.D. in English Literature to teach at college. I like to make people come up with their own ideas or become critical thinkers. Even as this is in some sense contrarian to the military life, to me as for any young men, the best he can do is go and serve his or her country, like I did, and serve it with pride and honor.

C. PR Love My LEX, I just changed Tranny Fluid and differential fluid.

cardona, if you like creativity and motivating others to become critical thinkers, then don't become a lawyer. Being an attorney is interpreting others' creative thoughts "law" and making sure those thoughts are followed to the T. People pay you bucks for your understanding and ability to defend your understanding of those thoughts from others under the same guidelines that you say you know. Does that make sense?? Very little creativity in law. Lots of creative interpretations of the law, but the end result usually refrences the first few sentences of the law in question.

I am a student.  English, and work security for a living until finishing the BA.  I was also a Jet Mechanic in the US Navy for about 10 years.  Worked on the J-52 Jet Engine, J-60, J-85, T-58 and in the planes A-4  and H-3 the same helicopter that picked up the first man from the moon.

I hope to become either a lawyer or a Ph.D. in English Literature to teach at college.  I like to make people come up with their own ideas or become critical thinkers.  Even as this is in some sense contrarian to the military life, to me as  for any young men, the best he can do is go and serve his or her country, like I did, and serve it with pride and honor.

C. PR  Love My LEX, I just changed Tranny Fluid and differential fluid.

cardona, if you like creativity and motivating others to become critical thinkers, then don't become a lawyer. Being an attorney is interpreting others' creative thoughts "law" and making sure those thoughts are followed to the T. People pay you bucks for your understanding and ability to defend your understanding of those thoughts from others under the same guidelines that you say you know. Does that make sense?? Very little creativity in law. Lots of creative interpretations of the law, but the end result usually refrences the first few sentences of the law in question.
I am a student.  English, and work security for a living until finishing the BA.  I was also a Jet Mechanic in the US Navy for about 10 years.  Worked on the J-52 Jet Engine, J-60, J-85, T-58 and in the planes A-4  and H-3 the same helicopter that picked up the first man from the moon.

I hope to become either a lawyer or a Ph.D. in English Literature to teach at college.  I like to make people come up with their own ideas or become critical thinkers.  Even as this is in some sense contrarian to the military life, to me as  for any young men, the best he can do is go and serve his or her country, like I did, and serve it with pride and honor.

C. PR  Love My LEX, I just changed Tranny Fluid and differential fluid.

Thanks

When I make the final desition I will take your input into consideration as with many other inputs that many good folks have given me in all the years past. Thanks for being there to give your wisdom, the one that comes after doing things for so many years and comtemplating the end results.

C. PR

Vic, mess with cmbs's?

Investment analyst with one of the largest commercial lenders in asset based lending. Fun job with lots of travel. Can't wait till I get a new GS430 or GS450!

I am retired from the X company after 31 years of service, 55, and taking care of my grandaughter full time mon-fri. 6 years of Navy as a Communication Technician prior to that working for NSGA.

I am a Real Estate Broker with RE/MAX in Portland, OR. I specialize in working with buyers who are relocating to the area, as well as close-in Portland neighborhoods. In fact, give me a call 503.880.8338, drop me an email.. travisbowers@remax.net or check out my site at http://www.yourportlandrealtor.com. Thanks for asking! I guess all kinds of people love Lexus! Thanks for all the great advice :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

submarine duty military man here and ready to retire enough of the ocean time for land!!!

just found this site 96ES here

Welcome to the club! :cheers:

Production manager for an electronics design and manufacturing company specializing in satellite communications and wireless devices. We were awarded the contract to supply the State of NY with a new satellite-based EAS (emergency alert system) after the terrorist attacks of 9/11 destroyed the communications abilities of the old system. Terrestrial antennas for the old system were on top of the World Trade Center towers in NYC. The new system no longer relies solely on ground-based links.

• 10 months later...

Im a junior at Vanderbilt University, majoring in Interdisciplinary Studies: Social Psychology of Gender and Deviance... I spend most of my time counting the days to graduation and wondering whats wrong with my car. :whistles:

• 1 month later...

I am a senior Electrical Engineering student at Sate University of New York at Buffalo. Looking for a job.

prior to university I served in the US Navy for four years as Electrician. I work part time in an instrument calibration firm as an intern.

If any one has a job for me , email me at rizwanahmed11@hotmail.com for my resume. Please.....