What Do We Do For A Living

SpeedRacer959

Hey gage,

Just looked over your post about being a pharmacist and having been

in management level. Been there too. Finally, I promised my wife I would

take a non-management, staff position and it's been the the best thing.

Now, I just show up, do my thing and cover my part of the job. Only thing

that hasn't improved is my hair--- it's gone forever I guess.

Take care

PharmGuy (Paul)

P.S. I have some family in south VA/northern NC border. I get the

listings for job openings-- where are you located? just as a point of interest?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

68 yr old retired chem engr. worked 34 yrs at same plant in positions ranging from process development engineer to mngr of the r&d department. our plant produced synthetic acrylic fiber.

upon retiring in '93, i told my wife i was going to bite the bullet and get

a maintenance free car that i can keep forever and bought the sc400

with no regrets to date. still have my '65 mustang i bought as original

owner..only 95k orig miles and in mint condition. when i see a winner

auto i keep forever.

just the idea of not having to go for maintenance repairs once per month

like bmw and mercedes owners should be signal enuf to buyers out

there that want luxuery/quality/performance and peace of mind all wrapped into one package.

aren't we an intelligent breed.

I am a consultant for IBM... babysitting server farms.

DAMN!!! my dream job!!!!

Wanda ur businness is soo cool, i'm in love with linux and servers as well, i built couple of servers as well and i'm puttin linux on them. very fun and interesting job:)

• 2 weeks later...

Dont flip out everyone....I'm a 17 year old senior in high school. My parent's did not buy my car, i pay through the nose for it. I used to work at johnson lexus in raleigh, nc and made an outstanding $8.50. thats damn good for a 16 yr old (i was 16 when i first started) and it was my first job.

• 3 weeks later...

Not flippin out, I got my car as a 17 year old in high school. A beautiful nearly perfect over prced 93 sc300... although I am spoiled and my parents cracked and bought it for me as a culmination gift of multiple birthdays, christamas's and graduation... I will be a full time student this fall working towards a Bio Engineering degree and an eventual PhD. Wanting to get into pharmaceutical research

what an interesting group of car owners. i am a child protection social worker. most of my co-workers know i drive the GS300 as does my supervisor. i stumbled into this beauty of a car because my Cherokee was totalled and the kind salesman convinced me that i could afford to drive the best. i drove it then handed the keys to my wife and it was fait accompli. the kids i work with absolutely love riding in my car. my kids love riding in the car and my wife is lukewarm about it all.

• 1 month later...

Department manager in a local supermarket. There are 86 stores in three states in this supermarket chain. It is an extremely successful business in the region. The stores are located in southwest Virginia, northeast/east central Tennessee, southeast Kentucky and perhaps soon northwestern North Carolina and southeast Tennessee/northwest Georgia. Make my schedule for me and 6 other associates. I have worked there for four years and really like the work.

I am soon going back to school to hopefully become a meteorologist.

My father is an artist (of stonework) and owns his own business. I always thought I would follow and also become an artist, but I never really gained interest.

I have always wanted to work in my cousins art gallery in the local mall. My grandmother works there as well. Really neat place, but not really much of a career for me- because they are making all of the money. :rolleyes:

My grandfather is a successful retired electrician and I once wanted to do that- because it is an excellent paying job, but I never learned. However, two of his sons are now certified electricians, that learned everything from him.

I have never like the thought of working around electrical wiring. :P

I might have responded to this a long time ago but since we're all sharing:

I graduated from Ohio State College of Dentistry in 2000, spent 3 years as a dentist in the Air Force

1 year in Washington, DC (Bolling Air Force Base)

2 years in North Carolina (Pope Air Force Base) - anyone know where that is? -it's surrounded by Fort Bragg,

and now I've been out of the Air Force and doing dentistry back in columbus, OH since September 2003.

I bought the RX during my first year in North Carolina! My son being born was a good excuse to buy a new car.

It seemed like everyone in Cary, North Carolina had an RX300 - at least everyone who went to our grocery store.

Anyway, if anyone plans on moving out to Columbus and needs a dentist, drop me a line. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I retired in September of 1993. Before that, I was President of a SMALL Mfg. Company making Construction Equipment.

My last three Cars before Retirement were all Mercedes S Class. I decided I couldn't continue that and "punished" myself by driving a Lincoln and a couple of Cadillacs until I wised up in May of this Year.

That's when I traded for an '04 Lexus LS430. I like just about everything about it except for the fact that we haven't been able to get away long enough to take a trip more than 110 miles away. We will make a Trip, in about three weeks, to a spot 250 miles away. I'm looking forward to it.

Front Seat Headroom and Legroom are Important to me. I'm 6'6" and weigh 235 lbs. plus I have Arthritis and can't "fold up" like I did when I was younger. I was born in 1932. You do the Math. I'm also impressed with the size of the Trunk.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally from WISCONSIN - GO PACKERS !!!

OK dcfish.....I see I gonna have trouble with you!

I've been a COWBOYS fan since the early 70's.

steviej.

OK , Stevie we meet in lambeau next week , I see the PACK regaining there field on sunday 28 - 24 . Your thoughts ? :cheers:

Did a stint in the US Navy for a few years; when I left I took a job as a consultant for Northrup Grumman (actually Logicon before we were bought out). I was a network architect and program manager designing enterprise networks for the government, mostly with the federal Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) and the DEA. Left that and worked for a .com until I could retired from high tech completely in 2001. (and damn good timing I might add!)

Today, I am fufilling a life long dream of being a firefighter, and am learning how to be a dad (my first son was born 11 months ago!)

I hope that my 1994 ES 300 will last long enough to give to my son when he is old enough to buy it from me.