Looking To Buy A New Vehicle, The Comparisons

smooth1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen someone with a VW Phaeton replace the rear badge with a Bentley emblem.

Since the Phaeton is so rare at it is, if someone saw it with the Bentley badge, they'd probably believe it...

So smooth, what did you decide on? :D

When I take delivery on it,I'll post pics then. I guess until then you all will have to just speculate and ponder. LOL!! So, keep checking back for the dramatic conclusion folks....(But first a word from our sponsor.) Hahahaha.

:lol::lol:

Smooth, you better post up soon! I've found lots of good youtube videos to post, including a few hooptie "whips" from Mexico, El' Vato!!!

Smooth, you better post up soon! I've found lots of good youtube videos to post, including a few hooptie "whips" from Mexico, El' Vato!!!

Wow, those are some pretty harsh threats! Hmmm, but don't you guys wanna see the pics?

Here, I'll give this up. My top 5 list ended up being and this is in order:

1) Mercedes Benz ML350 4matic

2) Lexus GX 470

3) Subaru Outback Limited

4) Volvo C70

5) Cadillac SRX

The ones that didn't make the top 5 were:

Toyota Vienna (The minivan thing, we just couldn't bring ourselves to it.)

BMW X5 ( Man the options cost just too dang much money!)

Audi Q5 and 7, ( so long as theres a warrentee, their great. But I was scared...lol!)

Saturn Outlook ( I was willing to take a real close look at one, but then they announced that Saturn will be closed down. I know parts will still be out there, but the depreciation is going to kill this consideration.)

Toyota Highlander ( I really liked this option. It was really tied for the fifth spot, but the Cadillac offered more luxury feel.)

GM ( I'm sorry, but they have alot of work ahead of them first.)

Ford Flex ( The Flex was cool, but only on the inside. The whole cube square look thing was just a bit to much. I like the looks of the Edge, but it was to small. And Ford in my opinion has excellent quality. The fuel mileage still needs to be better to really make them more competitive though.)

Acura MDX ( Fugly, sorry, but their just tooooo fugly. It's my opinion, everyone has thier own. I think it's terrible.)

Volkswagon Tourag ( Alot of money for a couple cool features. To me, Volkswagen makes the R32, and that's it.)

Lexus RX 350 and 450H ( This is really only slightly larger than our sedans now. And I have this small nounce of an issue with the RX ride. Because it sits up higher, and the wheel base appears to be so tucked in underneath it coupled with the soft suspension becomes unnerving right at the point of initial turn in. Like it could flip over on ya. I know it won't. And you probably get used to it after a while, but for me it was really unsettling.) And the interior isn't as quiet to me as you would think it should be. And the long dash is sort of an oddity as well.)

Jeep Grand Cherokee ( It's ok. the interior is to box and upright looking. but I think the better years for Jeep are coming, and this just isn't one of them yet. Another company I think that just needs more time to retool their "new" direction.)

5) Cadillac SRX

Saturn Outlook ( I was willing to take a real close look at one, but then they announced that Saturn will be closed down. I know parts will still be out there, but the depreciation is going to kill this consideration.)

Why did you say that all of GM has a lot of work ahead of them when your number 5 is a GM? I had to put the Saturn statement on there because it is also a GM that is based on the same platform as the Chevy Traverse, GMC Acadia, and Buick Enclave.

5) Cadillac SRX

Why did you say that all of GM has a lot of work ahead of them when your number 5 is a GM? I had to put the Saturn statement on there because it is also a GM that is based on the same platform as the Chevy Traverse, GMC Acadia, and Buick Enclave.

When I said GM, I really meant Chevy, GMC, and Buick. Cadillac has been thier only hope since the new CTS introduction. That car put them back into the "younger" crowd as an option again in my opinion, while really pushing up the level of quality also. And now that they are expanding on that platform I think they have even a better chance at growing market share. So, somehow, somewhere, I really and truly hope that Cadillac will upscale GM and they won't fall victim to GM bringing down Cadillac.

Saturn, while owned by GM and yes, they share some platforms and parts, have really been doing alot of thier own things. When they started to implent the Opel design schemes into he Saturn line up a couple years ago, I actually thought Saturn had a good fighting chance. I liked the look of the Outlook, and was considering taking a second closer look at it, but then the closing announcement killed that as even an option.

When it comes to GM, and all the companies under it's umbrella, I really did want to give them every chance to win me back or to change my view point of them. So maybe I even tilted the scale a bit in thier favor, but the truth is the truth. They just aren't there. They have this new commercial in which the new CEO comes out and says if it is car verses car, GM wins. I didn't look at the new Malibu, or the other little cars they are coming out with, but in the mid-size, full size SUV/wagon/crossovers that I compared, it's simply not so.

Wow, those are some pretty harsh threats! Hmmm, but don't you guys wanna see the pics?

1) Mercedes Benz ML350 4matic

2) Lexus GX 470

3) Subaru Outback Limited

4) Volvo C70

5) Cadillac SRX

Toyota Vienna (The minivan thing, we just couldn't bring ourselves to it.)

BMW X5 ( Man the options cost just too dang much money!)

Audi Q5 and 7, ( so long as theres a warrentee, their great. But I was scared...lol!)

Toyota Highlander ( I really liked this option. It was really tied for the fifth spot, but the Cadillac offered more luxury feel.)

Ford Flex ( The Flex was cool, but only on the inside. The whole cube square look thing was just a bit to much. I like the looks of the Edge, but it was to small. And Ford in my opinion has excellent quality. The fuel mileage still needs to be better to really make them more competitive though.)

Acura MDX ( Fugly, sorry, but their just tooooo fugly. It's my opinion, everyone has thier own. I think it's terrible.)

Volkswagon Tourag ( Alot of money for a couple cool features. To me, Volkswagen makes the R32, and that's it.)

Lexus RX 350 and 450H ( This is really only slightly larger than our sedans now. And I have this small nounce of an issue with the RX ride. Because it sits up higher, and the wheel base appears to be so tucked in underneath it coupled with the soft suspension becomes unnerving right at the point of initial turn in. Like it could flip over on ya. I know it won't. And you probably get used to it after a while, but for me it was really unsettling.) And the interior isn't as quiet to me as you would think it should be. And the long dash is sort of an oddity as well.)

Jeep Grand Cherokee ( It's ok. the interior is to box and upright looking. but I think the better years for Jeep are coming, and this just isn't one of them yet. Another company I think that just needs more time to retool their "new" direction.)

i like your views, i agree 100%

Ok, so here it is: The winner is a 2009 Mercedes Benz ML 350 4matic.

post-42851-1255441757_thumb.jpgpost-42851-1255441779_thumb.jpg

post-42851-1255441794_thumb.jpgpost-42851-1255441808_thumb.jpg

post-42851-1255441824_thumb.jpgpost-42851-1255441838_thumb.jpg

post-42851-1255441850_thumb.jpgpost-42851-1255441866_thumb.jpg

post-42851-1255441882_thumb.jpgpost-42851-1255441898_thumb.jpg

It came with:

40 gig / hardrive Nav. and the new central command system. (Yes you have full nav and menu access while driving.)

Harmon Kardon premium stereo w/ Ipod interface and rear entertainment system

Bluetooth.

3 zone a/c

auto rain sensing/speed sensing windshield wipers. (That is really cool!)

power liftgate.

HID headlamps.

Leather int. upgrade power seats

sun/moon roof

cruise/ hillclimb/descent control

4 matic AWD drive system

paddle shift control

286 HP V6

7 speed (very smooth shifting) auto

Rear ac voltage household outlet. ( It's kinda strange to see a regular outlet in your vehicle for some reason.)lol!

Running boards

I wound up getting a pretty good deal on this one. The original price was $57000.00 And then we added a few dealer installed accessories and I got the truck for $47K out the door. I put down 30K and I have a $306.00 monthly payment on it. Insurance on this thing was great also! Much lower then I expected. 4 year/ 50K mile warranty. We both like it and I think it will serve it's purpose. Hopefully the maintenance and reliability will be up to par. For the history research I've done, everyone loves it and has very few complaints. Consumer guide even gives it a thumbs up. So we'll see right?