Window trickle charger? Permenantly installed in fuse box?

Sometimes I travel for a 2-3+ weeks at a time and in the past the battery died. I've been able to leave the car plugged into a trickle charger in an underground garage. 

Now, I've got to park outside when I'm gone. The problem is, my family might need to borrow my car while I'm gone and they can't be bothered plugging and unplugging things. 

So, I'd like to install a solar panel permanently in the window. Maybe something like this? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DFD3RMS/ 

I read on a random truck forum that I might be able to plug it into the fuse box somewhere and not have to run a wire to the battery directly. 

1) Any advice on where to plug it into the fuse box?

2) Any advice on where to install it? (maybe up by the passenger sun visor?)

Maybe something like this:
Screenshot2024-03-02at1_08_08AM.thumb.png.37646f3201b167c7e337721a578be1a8.png

This thread should help a lot. You want to connect to the battery or the jump posts, preferably NOT in the fuse box.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 7:15 AM, Dean2 said:

This thread should help a lot. You want to connect to the battery or the jump posts, preferably NOT in the fuse box.

Thank you @Dean2

I am looking to permanently install a solar trickle charger, probably where the passenger visor is on the front windshield. It feels like it would be a lot harder to run through the firewall to the battery instead of to the fuse box. It won't be much draw.

Any advice on where to run it or where to connect it?

Thank you!