Looking To Buy A New Vehicle, The Comparisons

smooth1

I'm currently looking for a second vehicle that is a bit bigger, (seats 5 people, larger storage for the golf clubs and or luggage for longer trips.) but gets good gas mileage, and offers some nice toys to play with and comfort my wallet while driving. It can be an SUV, wagon/crossover or a sedan. And I'm wanting to keep it under 50k. I'm willing to give up some luxury for better pricing, but the price has to be really lower, and I have to still like it to want to buy it. So hidious new Acura's are out.

Alright, so I went to a GM dealership over the weekend to talk pricing. Before I go any further, let me start by saying that the sleazy BS car salesman proffession is alive and well in america. I made the mistake of driving my Lexus to the first dealership. Yeah, the first 20 minutes was him just talking about my car. Once we made it into the office, he actually said, and I quote: " Our buyer took a look at your car, so we can give you $21k for yours (Mine is already appraised at $31k trade in value), with the GM discount of $4k, that brings the price of the Tahoe to $52,720 less the trade and add the amount owed on the Lexus." So then he said "So how much did you want to put down then?" I said how much are you really selling me the Tahoe for?" His answer was $52,720.00. I just looked at him, and he then says"We aren't really discounted the Hybrid. They are a hot item and everyone wants one." I just smiled and said I had to go. On my way out of course the salesmanager comes out as I'm getting into the Lexus and says wait, can we work this out?, I said No thanks, and left. So, in review, I decided to switch to the Nissan Sentra, and went to a different dealership. As the sales person walked up and unlocked the Tahoe I was looking at, he said " We have a GM discount right now of $4k, and we are matching that with "dealerdollars" to make it $8k off just so you know. I shook my ahead ok, and we looked at the Tahoe in front of me. That stupid compartment thing on the center console was broken again, so the salesperson assured me that would be fixed before I took delivery. Yeah ok, whatever. So I test drive it, and we go inside to talk. They eventually offered me $2500 for my Nissan, ( a 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE with 148K miles on it.) and take about $10k off the Tahoe, but then offer me a dumb finance rate of like 8%. So the Tahoe wound up being about $48.5k after it was said and done with tax. As I left the last ditch "please buy our Tahoe price" we can take another thousand off but that is the bottom. I left. I went to the MB dealership, and well, on a 2009 ML320 Bluetec Deisel 4matic with a PO2 luxury package, a tow hitch pkge with 4400lbs. towing, was $49.5. after haggling. But then I made the mistake of looking at a 2010 E350 while I was there also. Man is that a nice car again.

I think GM is off the table already. I do like the look of the Tahoe, but that's about it. Once you start to put it under close scrutiny it falls apart quickly. If the Hybrid Tahoe was say $35-40k max. I can see that as a justifyable price range for the Tahoe. Knowing what I'm giving up, but understanding I'm saving a significant enouph dollar amount to make it worth it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm currently looking for a second vehicle that is a bit bigger, (seats 5 people, larger storage for the golf clubs and or luggage for longer trips.) but gets good gas mileage, and offers some nice toys to play with and comfort my wallet while driving. It can be an SUV, wagon/crossover or a sedan. And I'm wanting to keep it under 50k. I'm willing to give up some luxury for better pricing, but the price has to be really lower, and I have to still like it to want to buy it. So hidious new Acura's are out.

Alright, so I went to a GM dealership over the weekend to talk pricing. Before I go any further, let me start by saying that the sleazy BS car salesman proffession is alive and well in america. I made the mistake of driving my Lexus to the first dealership. Yeah, the first 20 minutes was him just talking about my car. Once we made it into the office, he actually said, and I quote: " Our buyer took a look at your car, so we can give you $21k for yours (Mine is already appraised at $31k trade in value), with the GM discount of $4k, that brings the price of the Tahoe to $52,720 less the trade and add the amount owed on the Lexus." So then he said "So how much did you want to put down then?" I said how much are you really selling me the Tahoe for?" His answer was $52,720.00. I just looked at him, and he then says"We aren't really discounted the Hybrid. They are a hot item and everyone wants one." I just smiled and said I had to go. On my way out of course the salesmanager comes out as I'm getting into the Lexus and says wait, can we work this out?, I said No thanks, and left. So, in review, I decided to switch to the Nissan Sentra, and went to a different dealership. As the sales person walked up and unlocked the Tahoe I was looking at, he said " We have a GM discount right now of $4k, and we are matching that with "dealerdollars" to make it $8k off just so you know. I shook my ahead ok, and we looked at the Tahoe in front of me. That stupid compartment thing on the center console was broken again, so the salesperson assured me that would be fixed before I took delivery. Yeah ok, whatever. So I test drive it, and we go inside to talk. They eventually offered me $2500 for my Nissan, ( a 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE with 148K miles on it.) and take about $10k off the Tahoe, but then offer me a dumb finance rate of like 8%. So the Tahoe wound up being about $48.5k after it was said and done with tax. As I left the last ditch "please buy our Tahoe price" we can take another thousand off but that is the bottom. I left. I went to the MB dealership, and well, on a 2009 ML320 Bluetec Deisel 4matic with a PO2 luxury package, a tow hitch pkge with 4400lbs. towing, was $49.5. after haggling. But then I made the mistake of looking at a 2010 E350 while I was there also. Man is that a nice car again.

I think GM is off the table already. I do like the look of the Tahoe, but that's about it. Once you start to put it under close scrutiny it falls apart quickly. If the Hybrid Tahoe was say $35-40k max. I can see that as a justifyable price range for the Tahoe. Knowing what I'm giving up, but understanding I'm saving a significant enouph dollar amount to make it worth it.

Two cars come to mind immediately with that kind of budget. First, a fully loaded Sienna, the "Lexus" of the minivan world. Don't need to "sell" with words here, we all know it's a Toyota.

The other, is the new Ford Flex. I have no experience with one, haven't seen too many of them, never seen the inside of one in person. BUT, from what I hear from my colleuges in Southern California, they're all the rage! Fidge in the back seat, plenty of power, lots of toys, great ride, great drive, lots of room. Plus, it's a Ford, so you know you can negotiate more than with a Toyota. The danger there though, as with most American cars, is the depreciation hits. They're so new, and Ford seems to be changing and tweaking things on a yearly basis these days, there's no telling what it'll be worth in 12 months. Especially if they put in that new Eco-Boost turbo engine in it. That's what killed my 01' Maxima's value, when Nissan swapped out the 3.0 V6 for the 3.5 a year later (and the headlights).

I've driven a couple of those Buick Enclave cross-over suv's on business trips, fully loaded with 6 grown men. Was very impressed by them, and prefer them under those types of situations (especially in DC with tight traffic).

Smooth.

I like the ML and have a hard time "not buying it" vs. the Tahoe for all of the reasons that you have posted previously on the SW post. If the price was much...much better then I may look at a Yukon, or a Tahoe but when you are looking at almost the same price or even more for the Tahoe then I would say get the ML all day long. Yes they are much different SUVs but IMHO the MB is a far better SUV. I also like the X5's (obviously) and I think the new body style is great but then again to equip it close to how mine is it would be more than 60k and this is why I went preowned, so far so good. I like the GMC Acadia but by the time I would equip it the way I would want it over 44k...I am going to stay with a Lexus, BMW, or MB even if it is preowned.

I also find the GM dealers to withhold discounts until they think that they are going to loose the sale and I think that this is crazy. I have bought both my Lexus and BMW over the internet pre owned and I am sure that this is the way I will buy my next car/suv. When I got my C class I leased it and found Mercedes to even "deal" much better than GM. Give me the price on the car and stop playing games. A few years back I fell in love with a Yukon and actually would have bought one if I could have gotten the price where I wanted it...this is saying something since I have sworn I will never have another American car in my driveway. But it was...no deal. Kept telling me they could not budge on the price and it had been discounted as much as it could be. I thought that they may just be telling me this back and forth on email so I drove to two different dealers and nope...all they wanted to do is try to get me a monthly payment that I could afford! LOL, this is a crazy way to do business in my opinion I would not talk about a monthly payment...lets just see your best price... Funny thing is after I had bought the RX the salesman from GM contacted me several times with better offers until I let him know I had bought a different car. Hell by the time he was done giving me his best deal he was $1,500 less then what I would have bought the Yukon for. Stupid...how many lost sales because of this.

What is most important to you in a vehicle.

If you could build your perfect vehicle, what would it be? Do you need to tow? And if so, what? Any use for AWD functionality? Do you need/want to haul anything? How old are your kids? Do you have kids? Only looking to buy new?

If you have kids...IMHO you cannot beat a minivan. The Sienna is a great van, I personally prefer the Honda Odyssey though, although its getting a little long in the tooth. Can't go wrong with either one though.

Your desire for good gas mileage does away with any of the "traditional" SUVs like the Tahoe anyways.

If you really are against a Minivan and you want an SUV I'd stick with a crossover. This would be my list:

Luxury:

Lexus RX350

Cadillac SRX

Infiniti FX35

Mercedes ML350 (I don't think I would buy a Mercedes though.

More mainstream:

Toyota Highlander (I REALLY like the new Highlander, and you could even buy the Hybrid and be in your range.)

Ford Flex (very cool vehicle)

Toyota Venza

Two cars come to mind immediately with that kind of budget. First, a fully loaded Sienna, the "Lexus" of the minivan world. Don't need to "sell" with words here, we all know it's a Toyota.

The other, is the new Ford Flex. I have no experience with one, haven't seen too many of them, never seen the inside of one in person. BUT, from what I hear from my colleuges in Southern California, they're all the rage! Fidge in the back seat, plenty of power, lots of toys, great ride, great drive, lots of room. Plus, it's a Ford, so you know you can negotiate more than with a Toyota. The danger there though, as with most American cars, is the depreciation hits. They're so new, and Ford seems to be changing and tweaking things on a yearly basis these days, there's no telling what it'll be worth in 12 months. Especially if they put in that new Eco-Boost turbo engine in it. That's what killed my 01' Maxima's value, when Nissan swapped out the 3.0 V6 for the 3.5 a year later (and the headlights).

I've driven a couple of those Buick Enclave cross-over suv's on business trips, fully loaded with 6 grown men. Was very impressed by them, and prefer them under those types of situations (especially in DC with tight traffic).

Ok, so I went and looked at a fully loaded Sienna Limited today. Yeah man, that was pretty nice. That thing was like my recliner at home! A few odd things I did notice like no keyless start, and manual tilt/telescopic.( yeah I know, spoiled picky.) Also still a DVD based nav., no HID's, and the orangy yellow wood trim is not my preference. Which seems to be the only color available for some odd reason. The one I looked at MSRP was $40k. With some medium density haggling, I got them to $34K. (appearently they are matching the $4k discount GM is offering, and I also noticed 10 year/100K limited warrentee stickers on all the windshields in the lot also.

So, on a whole, not a bad option at all. To be honest, I didn't consider a minivan before. And to be more honest, I have to say that my inner child is somewhat throwing a tantrum right now. I'll volley this idea of a minivan across the left and right hemispheres for bit first. LOL!!!

The toyota website shows the hid's as an "option", so maybe you can option them into the car?

Honestly, my dad bought our first minivan in 1987, a Chrystler.....we've had one in the family ever since. They're simply fantastic for families and for hauling stuff. In fact, if you have two or more kids, I'd almost have to say a Minivan is right up there with a baby seat!

Smooth.

I like the ML and have a hard time "not buying it" vs. the Tahoe for all of the reasons that you have posted previously on the SW post. If the price was much...much better then I may look at a Yukon, or a Tahoe but when you are looking at almost the same price or even more for the Tahoe then I would say get the ML all day long. Yes they are much different SUVs but IMHO the MB is a far better SUV. I also like the X5's (obviously) and I think the new body style is great but then again to equip it close to how mine is it would be more than 60k and this is why I went preowned, so far so good. I like the GMC Acadia but by the time I would equip it the way I would want it over 44k...I am going to stay with a Lexus, BMW, or MB even if it is preowned.

I also find the GM dealers to withhold discounts until they think that they are going to loose the sale and I think that this is crazy. I have bought both my Lexus and BMW over the internet pre owned and I am sure that this is the way I will buy my next car/suv. When I got my C class I leased it and found Mercedes to even "deal" much better than GM. Give me the price on the car and stop playing games. A few years back I fell in love with a Yukon and actually would have bought one if I could have gotten the price where I wanted it...this is saying something since I have sworn I will never have another American car in my driveway. But it was...no deal. Kept telling me they could not budge on the price and it had been discounted as much as it could be. I thought that they may just be telling me this back and forth on email so I drove to two different dealers and nope...all they wanted to do is try to get me a monthly payment that I could afford! LOL, this is a crazy way to do business in my opinion I would not talk about a monthly payment...lets just see your best price... Funny thing is after I had bought the RX the salesman from GM contacted me several times with better offers until I let him know I had bought a different car. Hell by the time he was done giving me his best deal he was $1,500 less then what I would have bought the Yukon for. Stupid...how many lost sales because of this.

I'm glad to hear someone understands my point.

If you could build your perfect vehicle, what would it be? Do you need to tow? And if so, what? Any use for AWD functionality? Do you need/want to haul anything? How old are your kids? Do you have kids? Only looking to buy new?

If you have kids...IMHO you cannot beat a minivan. The Sienna is a great van, I personally prefer the Honda Odyssey though, although its getting a little long in the tooth. Can't go wrong with either one though.

Your desire for good gas mileage does away with any of the "traditional" SUVs like the Tahoe anyways.

If you really are against a Minivan and you want an SUV I'd stick with a crossover. This would be my list:

Luxury:

Lexus RX350

Cadillac SRX

Infiniti FX35

More mainstream:

Toyota Highlander (I REALLY like the new Highlander, and you could even buy the Hybrid and be in your range.)

Toyota Venza

It has to look good first. I'm not makin payments on a fugly looking car just cause it has an ok interior and I can afford it. I'll find another way until I can afford what I want.

It has to be able to seat up to 5 or so people. We just want a full size car or something that offers enouph space for luggage, the mother in law, etc. etc.

I don't go offroading. I've never had to scale the side of a mountian or traverse huge boulders. But things like AWD that are geared to safer road handling in severe weather conditions are attractive to me like the 4matic, or Lexus' AWD versions, and Audi etc. etc.

I want leather, and lots of bells and whistles. Nav., auto AC, great stereo system, sun/moon roof. you know, loaded.

I want good gas mileage. I don't want to be chained the gas pump. 20 mpg averages are ok. But higher is better.

I don't need to tow, but I would like to be able to if the need or desire should arise. I figure if I'm getting a big enouph car/truck then why not right?

And no, I don't have any kids. And we aren't having any, but my mother in law is getting sicker, and my aunt Ruthie in in the hospital right now. Lugging them around and the trips to Miami and back, and when you add in the rest of my family here, I just think it would be better to have a larger vehicle. Right now all we have is a Volvo S40 sedan, it has four door like the IS, but it's also small like the IS and I have the Nissan, again, small 4 door. Actually, the Nissan is even smaller. lol!

So, I'm thinking that I want to trade/sell the Nissan, get something bigger, and maybe even include sell/trading the Volvo also. The wife is open to what ever I decide, but I we both have to agree on it obviously. (I actually think she has more of an issue with a minivan than I at this point.) lol!

Luxury:

Lexus RX350

Cadillac SRX

Infiniti FX35

More mainstream:

Toyota Venza

I was leaving the RX/ES/GS for last. I'm trying to be open minded here and really wanted to see what is out there before going to the Lexus dealership and just buying another one. lol!! And to put it forward, can I get more for less by going in another direction?

I haven't looked at an SRX yet. But it is on my list also.

The Infinity FX is way fugly and odd looking to me. The Murano's look way nicer, but I haven't given them the close look up yet either.

And why wouldn't you buy a MB? Just curious. So far, the ML is my front runner. But it's also at the budget limit. So, if I can find something I like for less, it may opt for that instead.

I really like the new Highlanders also. But we're back to Toyota's and I really want to see what else is out there first.

The Ford Flex......my Dad would love for me to be driving a Ford again. The new Taurus is on my list as well, but I haven't looked at one up close yet.

So here's my No, definately not's so far:

Chrysler/Dodge anything (I'm going to look at the new 2010 Grand Cherokee, but I have my doubts going in.)

Ford Explorer's/ Expeditions. (To fuel thirsty)

Hummers

Full size 4 door pick up trucks

Chevy Tahoe/Suburban

Chevy Equinox/Traverse

I personally like having one hatch in the family...so I personally wouldn't buy another sedan if I were you.

I'd pass on the Minivan without kids probably.

I was leaving the RX/ES/GS for last. I'm trying to be open minded here and really wanted to see what is out there before going to the Lexus dealership and just buying another one. lol!! And to put it forward, can I get more for less by going in another direction?

Maybe...but in getting more features for less, you may wind up compromising quality and refinement.

The Infinity FX is way fugly and odd looking to me. The Murano's look way nicer, but I haven't given them the close look up yet either.

You should drive one. They are INSANE to drive, its like driving a sports car...thats an SUV. If I were buying one of those SUVs...the FX would be right up at the top of my list.

The styling grows on you too...The Murano is also very nice...but not as fun to drive as the FX. I totally forgot about the Murano.

And why wouldn't you buy a MB? Just curious. So far, the ML is my front runner. But it's also at the budget limit. So, if I can find something I like for less, it may opt for that instead.

I wouldn't buy an MB because of the long term reliability and repair costs. That said, I would lease an MB. It wouldn't be a vehicle I'd buy and drive for 200,000 miles like a Lexus though lets put it that way.

Have you driven the RX? The RX is a nice vehicle...and the new one has a LOT of bells and whistles.

I personally like having one hatch in the family...so I personally wouldn't buy another sedan if I were you.

I'd pass on the Minivan without kids probably.

Maybe...but in getting more features for less, you may wind up compromising quality and refinement.

You should drive one. They are INSANE to drive, its like driving a sports car...thats an SUV. If I were buying one of those SUVs...the FX would be right up at the top of my list.

The styling grows on you too...The Murano is also very nice...but not as fun to drive as the FX. I totally forgot about the Murano.

I wouldn't buy an MB because of the long term reliability and repair costs. That said, I would lease an MB. It wouldn't be a vehicle I'd buy and drive for 200,000 miles like a Lexus though lets put it that way.

Have you driven the RX? The RX is a nice vehicle...and the new one has a LOT of bells and whistles.

you know,,,,,, I'm pretty open minded, so my neighbor on the corner has one. I'll stop and chat him up about it. IF it goes ok, then I'll go and test drive one.

Oh sure. The RX and the ES make up the loaner car fleet at our Lexus dealership. I would be ok with the RX, but I have a concern for how high it sits and my mother in law's ability to get in and out ok. That was the one thing extra I liked about the Sienna with the floor being so much lower.

Time for my 2 cents... I'd personally skip the minivan, I grew up in minivans and my dad still has the Pontiac (see sig) and I just can't stand them. You look like you should be pulling up to the front door of an elementary school. IMO crossovers are the best bet.

I really like the Buick Enclave, I test drove one a few months ago before I bought the RX. It was extremely nice, it was very Lexus like, quiet smooth ride but it didn't have many bells and whistles. The only reason I didn't buy it was because all the Buick dealers by me are crooks, have horrid service and I was spoiled by Lexus service with the ES.

Have you taken a look at the Audi Q5? I haven't driven an Audi before but from what I assume it would be like driving the Infiniti power wise but the Q5 has a much better styling.

Of course my first choice would be the RX. I haven't driven the 2010 yet but I'm so pleased with my 2004 that unless they stop making the RX my next (practical) car will be a RX450h.

Have you taken a look at the Audi Q5? I haven't driven an Audi before but from what I assume it would be like driving the Infiniti power wise but the Q5 has a much better styling.

Oh lord...one VW product in my life was enough.

VW/Audis have got to be about the most expensive vehicles to maintain out there. Super expensive diagnostic equipment makes independent repair options limited and service is very expensive for VWs....and even moreso for Audis.

I would absolutely never buy an Audi...

You're basing your car purchase on your mother in law? :P Just kidding...

Go with something you can wake up everyday and not say, "ugh why did i buy this??" everytime you look at it. Go with a nice looking crossover like the RX or Infiniti EX or FX, or even the new Cadillac SUV.

Will you be driving it much? Will it be a daily driver? Will you keep the IS and trade in the Nissan, or trade in the IS for it?

If it's going to be your daily driver, make it something you can live with. Going from the IS to a minivan seems like a big... change.

And the Toyota Sienna's do come with HID's as an option, along with the darker wood (i've seem them). Maybe discontinued for the 010 year, but they are in existence.

If the 010 Rx's weren't so fugly they'd be my pick. I'd look at the Infiniti EX (although rather small) or maybe a pre-owned 07-08 Rx400h <_<

Well, last night I decided I just can't do the Sienna. Or any minivan. My wife just won't have it. So we have to add that to the definatley not list.

cduluk:

trade in the IS for it?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah

ahahahahahahahaahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH(BREATHE) hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh......No.

This is going to be my wifes primary car, but our family bus/play mobile also. So I will be driving it once in awhile. But we both have to like and be happy with it.

You're basing your car purchase on your mother in law?

I'm not basing it on her, but I am keeping her in my consideration. Along with my other family/travel needs.

Kyle Petree :

I really like the Buick Enclave

Hmmm, a Buick huh? I feel 10 years older just saying that name, but I do know that I need to break out of some of my classic "stereotype" views. So I will go and look at one of those.

Have you taken a look at the Audi Q5?

Audi makes a descent car, so long as you have a full warrentee on it and a convenient dealer location to take it to. They use a self designed propriatary diagnostics systems that you can only get if you are an authorized Audi tech shop. And there are very few of those outside of the dealerships because they are really expensive scanners, and diagnotics equipment. It was Audi's attempt to keep all the work in house, and circumvent some of the ODB II systems. Not to mention that Audi has this uncanny need to reinvent the wheel over and over for some reason. And let us not forget the huge recall that is about to take place for Audi and the "Sudden death" issues they are wrestling with concerning the new transmissions. I can easily understand where SW03ES is coming from regarding Audi/ Volkswagon. It's almost hard for me to understand that the same people who are in charge and design Audi/Volkswagon also make the Porsche 911 GT3. (Which by the way, if I could afford one of those I would just get my in-laws a bus pass.) LOL!!!

Ohhh it's for your wife? that's a totally different story.

If she's gonna be the primary driver, you gotta make sure she likes it so she doesn't complain to you all the time :P

Bring her to the automall, show her around Lexus, Infiniti, BMW etc... I doubt she'd go on her own, most women won't :(

If she's gonna be the primary driver, you gotta make sure she likes it so she doesn't complain to you all the time :P

Bring her to the automall, show her around Lexus, Infiniti, BMW etc... I doubt she'd go on her own, most women won't :(

You better hope IS400 doesn't see this post, otherwise you'll be dead-man-walking! :lol:

You better hope IS400 doesn't see this post, otherwise you'll be dead-man-walking! :lol:

haha, whys that :rolleyes:

ok, I just looked at the Buick Enclave, and I don't think so. It has a nice shape to it, but the interior lighting color makes it look like I'm playing Tron from the early 80's! What is up with that minty blue/green light everywhere? It's almost like someone sat on a tube of toothpaste and it squirted all over the place. And the seats are way over stuffed! LOL!! They're like a big puff ball,,,lol!! Yeah, I think Buick is still chasing the 60+ crowd.

I don't know,,,I keep looking back at the ML 350 and it's looking nicer and nicer to me. The dealership has called me twice now, I haven't returned thier calls yet. If I could find a low mileage 08 Lexus LS 460 for under $50k :rolleyes: my problems here would be solved. Well, atleast I would have a different set of problems in that I would take the LS and the wife would still have to find something. But then I wouldn't care what she wanted, so long as it was under our agreed price. LOL!!!

Have you checked out the Mazda SUV's? I think it's the CX9? I rode in one in DC last year that a client owned....it was very nice, rode well, was quite, and very comfy.

ok, I just looked at the Buick Enclave, and I don't think so. It has a nice shape to it, but the interior lighting color makes it look like I'm playing Tron from the early 80's! What is up with that minty blue/green light everywhere? It's almost like someone sat on a tube of toothpaste and it squirted all over the place. And the seats are way over stuffed! LOL!! They're like a big puff ball,,,lol!! Yeah, I think Buick is still chasing the 60+ crowd.

I kinda like the blue interior lights but to each his own. I really think Buick is trying to change their typical focus of the older crowd, especially with the 2010 Lacrosse, but I don't think the Enclave goes after the older crowd either...

Anyway, I think I solved your problem... get this...

http://www.lcpo.com/cpo_podetails.psp?ID=4...0&year=2008

I'm sure you can talk them down...

Damn!!! :glare: I just called, that car is sold! I would have to. I spoke with Carol in the pre-owned dept. So, if another one comes in with that price on it, she said I would be her first phone call. Yeah man. That car with that mileage was a awsome deal! Thanks for the look out Kyle. :)

Oh lord...one VW product in my life was enough.

VW/Audis have got to be about the most expensive vehicles to maintain out there. Super expensive diagnostic equipment makes independent repair options limited and service is very expensive for VWs....and even moreso for Audis.

I would absolutely never buy an Audi...

Have you taken a look at the Audi Q5?

Audi makes a descent car, so long as you have a full warrentee on it and a convenient dealer location to take it to. They use a self designed propriatary diagnostics systems that you can only get if you are an authorized Audi tech shop. And there are very few of those outside of the dealerships because they are really expensive scanners, and diagnotics equipment. It was Audi's attempt to keep all the work in house, and circumvent some of the ODB II systems. Not to mention that Audi has this uncanny need to reinvent the wheel over and over for some reason. And let us not forget the huge recall that is about to take place for Audi and the "Sudden death" issues they are wrestling with concerning the new transmissions. I can easily understand where SW03ES is coming from regarding Audi/ Volkswagon. It's almost hard for me to understand that the same people who are in charge and design Audi/Volkswagon also make the Porsche 911 GT3. (Which by the way, if I could afford one of those I would just get my in-laws a bus pass.) LOL!!!

I hear ya about Audi. Too bad is all I can say. I rode in a friend's Q7 recently. Man what a vehicle! If I was in the market for a vehicle in that catagory, the Q7 would definitely be my choice if it weren't for their history.

Damn!!! :glare: I just called, that car is sold! I would have to. I spoke with Carol in the pre-owned dept. So, if another one comes in with that price on it, she said I would be her first phone call. Yeah man. That car with that mileage was a awsome deal! Thanks for the look out Kyle. :)

How about this one?

http://www.lexusofpalmbeach.com/VehicleDetails/509925263

I don't know where in Florida you are so I'm looking at all dealers in Florida. There aren't any pics but I'm sure if you call they may get you some.

Ok, so I go and look at this Porsche Cayenne, and well,,,,,,no. Talk about crap gas mileage! he said if he drives it "easy" he can get about 15 mpg. with it, but when he drives it in town and uses the power it has, he gets about 12 mpg! Yeah, that's not gonna work. The inside was nice, but for as large a vehicle as it is, the driver and front passenger seats are tight. It's not until you turn your head and look back that you realize theres all this space back there, and the fact that it sits so much higher than a sports car, or any car for that matter. And while I sat there looking at it in his driveway I kept picturing it sitting in mine and well,,,it's just not that great a looking SUV/Crossover or whatever it is. I love the Porsche 911's, so you would think I would like it more, but I just don't. MAybe it would be different if gas mileage wasn't a concern, and I was buying a new Cayenne, and it was the 550 hp twin turbo version. lol!!! Personally, I think the whole SUV/crossover/ 500+ hp for a $100K plus is dumb. If you want that kind of power, and you have that kind of money to spend, then just get a dedicated sports/fun car and a seperate SUV/Crossover for when you need that. So the search is still on. I'm thinking about looking at the Nissan Murano this week, and the Cadillac SRX.

@Kyle Petree:

So, I ran this idea by the wife and well, she got kind of upset about me looking for another car for me again first. lol!! But once we get this situated, I may continue to pursue the LS for myself. I thought for sure all the LS 460's would be atleast around $65k+. $50K for an 08 LS460 with 18k miles on it is almost a no brainer! I wonder why the sudden lower prices on those? I still see them selling alot of places for alot more used. I wonder if some of the short term leases are ending and that maybe why?