Almost Pulled The Trigger On An Ls430...

SW03ES

Almost pulled the trigger on an LS430 yesterday guys. 06, Modern Luxury package, light green (forget the name of the color) with the cream interior. 35,000 miles. Very tempting...took her for a drive and even my wife was impressed, and she's hard to impress...

Thinkin about it...

Steeeeeeeeeveeeeee!

Doooo it ;) You know you want to step up to the LS side of life! B) haha

Plus the wife is impressed? You may not get another opportunity! haha :lol:

Almost pulled the trigger on an LS430 yesterday guys. 06, Modern Luxury package, light green (forget the name of the color) with the cream interior. 35,000 miles. Very tempting...took her for a drive and even my wife was impressed, and she's hard to impress...

Thinkin about it...

Now Stevie, don't be talkin' like that or you'll get me started loookin' for one. :whistles: Haven't even sat in one. Tryin' to stay away cuz I know if I sit down in one of those perforated climate controlled seats, well, I'll just have to get one. I don't have the wife problem though, she wants a Mini. Still notice a nicely finished SC1 whenever one goes by. They're on my list as well. Of course there's the older list .... Austin Healy 3000, Triumph GT6 Fastback, 70's TVR, TR3 ... or how 'bout 2 wheels like an older Motoguzzi, Laverda, Ducati, Norton .... and the lists keeps growing. :P

A friend has just picked a completed restored '69 XKE. He also has a TR6 (perfectly restored), a Mini (curiously, it's his wife's daily driver - must be a chick car), a Q7, and 5 goldens (for the Q7). I try to stay away from his place as much as I can, otherwise I'll go nuts trying to figure a legal way to start my own (affordable) collection.:chairshot: Every time I return home from his place I shine up the 'ol 400 just to get back to reality.

Steeeeeeeeeveeeeee!

Doooo it ;) You know you want to step up to the LS side of life! B) haha

Plus the wife is impressed? You may not get another opportunity! haha :lol:

Go for it!

Alright SW, It's about time you take the leap to the top of the line, You have been talking about wanting a LS for almost 2 years now, On the count of 3 pull that trigger......1.......2.......Your turn B) I forgot , What comes after 2 ?

I know, I know LOL. I'm thinking about it...I'm just not sure this is the right one...never bought a used car before and I definately want to make sure its the right car...plus this one is overpriced, $39k which I know I can do better on, I think I can buy a car like this for $32k or so. This particular dealer has a lot of nice CPO cars, but they are very expensive...

da, thats a very rare car. They made just over 100 '06 LS430 Ultras, it was a short model year. I'd snap that up!

Thinkin about it...

Now Stevie, don't be talkin' like that or you'll get me started loookin' for one. :whistles: Haven't even sat in one. Tryin' to stay away cuz I know if I sit down in one of those perforated climate controlled seats, well, I'll just have to get one. I don't have the wife problem though, she wants a Mini. Still notice a nicely finished SC1 whenever one goes by. They're on my list as well. Of course there's the older list .... Austin Healy 3000, Triumph GT6 Fastback, 70's TVR, TR3 ... or how 'bout 2 wheels like an older Motoguzzi, Laverda, Ducati, Norton .... and the lists keeps growing. :P

A friend has just picked a completed restored '69 XKE. He also has a TR6 (perfectly restored), a Mini (curiously, it's his wife's daily driver - must be a chick car), a Q7, and 5 goldens (for the Q7). I try to stay away from his place as much as I can, otherwise I'll go nuts trying to figure a legal way to start my own (affordable) collection.:chairshot: Every time I return home from his place I shine up the 'ol 400 just to get back to reality.

Oh man, My British car past, I owned a TR250 (TR5 in Europe), Austin Healey sprite, and Jaguar XKE (1968) Those were like putting your money on the edge of the Grand Canyon and kicking it in....

Thinkin about it...

Now Stevie, don't be talkin' like that or you'll get me started loookin' for one.:whistles: Haven't even sat in one. Tryin' to stay away cuz I know if I sit down in one of those perforated climate controlled seats, well, I'll just have to get one. I don't have the wife problem though, she wants a Mini. Still notice a nicely finished SC1 whenever one goes by. They're on my list as well. Of course there's the older list .... Austin Healy 3000, Triumph GT6 Fastback, 70's TVR, TR3 ... or how 'bout 2 wheels like an older Motoguzzi, Laverda, Ducati, Norton .... and the lists keeps growing. :P

Oh man, My British car past, I owned a TR250 (TR5 in Europe), Austin Healey sprite, and Jaguar XKE (1968) Those were like putting your money on the edge of the Grand Canyon and kicking it in....

Oh I know I know. Finicky electronics, oil leaks by the bucket ....... they definitely keep you busy. You had to own several so you could have one following you just in case. :D Don't know if I would keep them stock or change out the problem areas. Even so, when they're tuned and running like they should, I can't think of many others that would put a smile on your face (mine anyway) like those Brit money pits.

Hold on just a cotton-pickin' second there slick-rick.....back the truck up.......Your wife? Um, did I miss something here? Have we had a merger of assets under the ownership umbrella of SW, LLC?

We got us a new sheriff in town?

Hold on just a cotton-pickin' second there slick-rick.....back the truck up.......Your wife? Um, did I miss something here? Have we had a merger of assets under the ownership umbrella of SW, LLC?

We got us a new sheriff in town?

Yea. I just figured that I missed something NC. Congrats SW. A LS will have more room for the car seat too. :)

No LS yet, I'm going to keep looking and find the right one and the right deal.

I didn't tell you guys? We got married in September. I can't believe I didn't tell you lol, she let me take her to Vegas. It was awesome!

No LS yet, I'm going to keep looking and find the right one and the right deal.

I didn't tell you guys? We got married in September. I can't believe I didn't tell you lol, she let me take her to Vegas. It was awesome!

Well let me be the first to buy you a drink! :cheers: Congrats SW. The carseat is next! :blink:

I thought your posts over the past few months had a more "neutered" feel to them! my man, done got himself a ball and chain now! I'm so proud, almost puts a tear in my beer!

All joking aside, congrats man! But be honest, it was the car wasn't it? :lol::cheers:

Yep...thats what did it LOL.

What do your guys think of this color combo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-Lexus-...A1%7C240%3A1308

I kind of want something a little different. I've had the dark interior for a long time now, and I like the look of the cream interior on the LS. I've admired this color and its a little bit different...As a matter of fact that car is a beauty, but its an '04 and its overpriced...

Not my taste. I love the Ls Just not a huge fan of that one. I even thought about looking for one but when I found out baby #2 was on the way I knew I needed another suv. Looks like it would be easy to keep the outside clean on it.

I definately want something thats easier to keep clean than what I've got. Since I've decided that I want the tan interior this time that limits me to that color, the light green or white. I like the green, but its almost exactly the same color as the Prius...I like the white too but its kinda "boca raton".

I love that color! I think it looks classy, elogant, and subtle with a nice touch of class. And with a good clay bar detail (like I need to be telling you of all people this), it'll shine even when it's dirty. I don't think I've seen a grey colored Lexus like that before, other than a special edition IS300 a few weeks ago in downtown chicago, which caught my eye big time.

But, I think you and the Mrs. would be much happier with one of the other cars that I see in the windows of that dealership, espeically if you don't need the baby seat anchors!

I just noticed the dealer has it listed as "Flint Grey" which is not the color, my dad's is Flint Grey and its a dark grey color, this car is Briarwood Pearl which is a metallic brown color...

Yeah really...they sell some nice stuff huh?

What do your guys think of this color combo:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-Lexus-...A1%7C240%3A1308

I kind of want something a little different. I've had the dark interior for a long time now, and I like the look of the cream interior on the LS. I've admired this color and its a little bit different...As a matter of fact that car is a beauty, but its an '04 and its overpriced...

Cool, you're getting a LS!! I like this color too, but I'm not sure it's something I'd want to look at for 5-10 years. It'd be perfect for a lease! Wow, $29k for a '04....that's in to '06 price range. I really like Cypress Pearl too. Mercury with black interior is so classic though; you can't go wrong with that combo. The beige interior is awesome; the two tone light brown and beige colors are very soothing. Personally, I'd skip the CPO, and find a 05-06 that has 49,999 miles (or less!) and just extend the warranty out (probably cheaper, no?).

dc, yeah the more I look at that briarwood the more I like it. There is one in my neighborhood I saw driving in the other day. Its pretty rare and from what I understand not in huge demand, hopefully that means I can get a better deal on one that color. Everybody wants silver, white & green.

blake, I'm certainly not going to concentrate on CPO, if the right car happens to be CPO and I can get it to the right price then I would buy it, but otherwise as long as its within the factory warranty I would just buy an extended warranty.

Yeah silver on black is always what I thought I wanted on my next car, but the silver is so common and for some reason I'm really liking the light interior on these cars. Plus I don't care for the wood stain color on these cars with black...My dad's is flint mica with black but his is a UL car that has the antiqued walnut trim which I like more. I don't want to pigeon-hole myself into only looking for a CL or UL car though.