Almost Pulled The Trigger On An Ls430...

SW03ES

I really like that color. It's very rich and very understated. I think there is a green that's similar...maybe Cypress Pearl? I bet both of them come with the cream or ecru leather. I like that color wood inside...reminds me a bit of the color of the original LS400.

Here in Santa Monica a couple months ago they had a couple of great deals on 2 or 3 CPO LS430s; I think the price premium was something like $1000 over the non-cpo cars they had on the lot. That said if the car's in good shape and has a service history I'm not sure the CPO warranty is worth it. Also the dealers probably are desperate to move them so there may be room to maneuver.

That car on Ebay has the sport suspension....it would be great if you could find one of those. As time goes on I'm getting more and more open to the idea of a non-grey (i.e. not grey, white or black) colored car. I've seen a couple LS430s running around in a royal blue...very nice.

Come on Steve.....you know you want it.

-J

dc, yeah the more I look at that briarwood the more I like it. There is one in my neighborhood I saw driving in the other day. Its pretty rare and from what I understand not in huge demand, hopefully that means I can get a better deal on one that color. Everybody wants silver, white & green.

blake, I'm certainly not going to concentrate on CPO, if the right car happens to be CPO and I can get it to the right price then I would buy it, but otherwise as long as its within the factory warranty I would just buy an extended warranty.

Yeah silver on black is always what I thought I wanted on my next car, but the silver is so common and for some reason I'm really liking the light interior on these cars. Plus I don't care for the wood stain color on these cars with black...My dad's is flint mica with black but his is a UL car that has the antiqued walnut trim which I like more. I don't want to pigeon-hole myself into only looking for a CL or UL car though.

Oh I definately want it...but I want to take my time and make sure I find the right car. I plan on having this car for a long time, and since its my first time buying used which I'm a little nervous about its gotta be the right car.

I've actually never driven one with the sport suspension, but I doubt it'd be for me. I like my cars as smooth and quiet as possible ;)

Oh I definately want it...but I want to take my time and make sure I find the right car. I plan on having this car for a long time, and since its my first time buying used which I'm a little nervous about its gotta be the right car.

I agree. That's the game with pre-owned you have to sit and wait until you find the right car; it takes patience. I looked for almost 3 months for my LS.

You'll know it when you see it.

I've actually never driven one with the sport suspension, but I doubt it'd be for me. I like my cars as smooth and quiet as possible ;)

Supposedly it was great; it was my original choice but they are so rare I never saw one for sale in LA in 3 months of looking.

Good luck!

Is that the briarwood? It's nice. I feel like looking for the UL package limits your color selection; the only ones I ever saw were silver white or black, with one blue one.

Here's a good looking car:

http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car/defaul...03-bb9b5fb63a31

Its in Tampa at Carmax, 29k miles, $30k.

Maybe it's the lighting, but I like the first one you posted better, it seemed to have more of a smoked grey look. This one, and again maybe just the lighting, seems to almost have a little purplish hue to it?

I agree about the silver, I'm not a fan of that color, at all. My GS is that silver/black interior with the dark wood trim and wheel, and to me, it just looks like any other ordinary car. I bought it simply because it's the 430, which is hard to find in the GS that isn't high mileage, customized, or beat to snot. I like the blue "my 4runner is that dark blue", I like the forest green, and I like that color of the first picture you posted.

It is rare and supadupa nice--but the dealer is getting greedy with what he wants 4 the car...and I'm considering either trading in my 91 LS 400 or keeping it just because I've had it since 91...but in your case go ahead with the upgrade...trust me, you won't regret it...

I know, I know LOL. I'm thinking about it...I'm just not sure this is the right one...never bought a used car before and I definately want to make sure its the right car...plus this one is overpriced, $39k which I know I can do better on, I think I can buy a car like this for $32k or so. This particular dealer has a lot of nice CPO cars, but they are very expensive...

da, thats a very rare car. They made just over 100 '06 LS430 Ultras, it was a short model year. I'd snap that up!

No LS yet, I'm going to keep looking and find the right one and the right deal.

I didn't tell you guys? We got married in September. I can't believe I didn't tell you lol, she let me take her to Vegas. It was awesome!

I can't beleive I missed this post :chairshot: Congrats Sw (and wifey) :cheers: Live Long and Prosper B)

Thank you dc!

Yeah blake, its the same color but the pictures of the Carmax car are washed out, the pictures of the first car are more realistic to what it looks like in person. Its a smokey brown color, similar to that new Truffle Mica that comes on those Pebble Beach RX's and ES's.

Thank you dc!

Yeah blake, its the same color but the pictures of the Carmax car are washed out, the pictures of the first car are more realistic to what it looks like in person. Its a smokey brown color, similar to that new Truffle Mica that comes on those Pebble Beach RX's and ES's.

They had a Pebble Beach LS600hL at Lexus of Santa Monica when I was there on monday. That Truffle Mica is real nice.

I offered to live in the LS and pay monthly rent but somehow they didn't go for that... :huh:

Carmax just listed one out in Ellicott City the exact combination. I may drive over there tomorrow and take a look at it. Its an '05 with 48,500 miles (little high) for $27k...

I didn't make it out to Ellicott City today to see that car (stupid business got in the way...oh well guess I gotta pay for the thing somehow) but I did stop at Silver Spring and drove an '06 with 48k miles... dark blue with the tan $35k. Very nice, exterior was probably a B+ but the interior was an A+, its incredible how they restore these interiors on CPO cars. Re-dyed leather...looked brand new. The dark blue is really nice but I definately want something lighter this time.

I did decide though that I definately want the tan interior...

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't make it out to Ellicott City today to see that car (stupid business got in the way...oh well guess I gotta pay for the thing somehow) but I did stop at Silver Spring and drove an '06 with 48k miles... dark blue with the tan $35k. Very nice, exterior was probably a B+ but the interior was an A+, its incredible how they restore these interiors on CPO cars. Re-dyed leather...looked brand new. The dark blue is really nice but I definately want something lighter this time.

I did decide though that I definately want the tan interior...

Hi Steve,

Just for the sake of benchmarking, I bought an '05 ML a few months ago with 53k miles from a dealer here in San Francisco. Not a CPO car, but in good shape, 1 owner, no issues, Cypress Pearl on Cashmere (love that!) for $23k. It also had the smart key and wheel upgrades.

I am a perfectionist and a few things bugged me at first, but with the help of the forums I have taken care of the little squeaks and rattles from the dash and the wind noise around the front windshield. Also put in some 3000k HIDs in the fog lamps which made a big difference on the back roads I drive. LEDs in the puddle lamps, license plate, and interior are also a fun upgrade.

Hope you find a good one!

-kw