Lexus Is 250 Drivers

I will soon be the proud owner of a 2007 Lexus IS 250 and would like to hear from other owners your experience with your IS 250. Are you happy with your car? If you could go back would you purchase something else? If so what? What advice would you give a person considering purchasing the IS?

First, welcome to LOC. This is the best place to find out just about anything about your new IS 250.

I am in love with my 2006 IS 250 AWD. Some of my favorite features are probably: Bluetooth, Back-up camera, LED interior lights, great gas milage, and really just the design of the car. Sometimes when I'm driving down the road and I see a TSX or an A4 I think 'that could've been me' but, then I pull up to the stoplight and they roll down their window tellin' me how good my car looks! :lol: B) So, no I don't regret my decision at all and hopefully you don't either. Congrats.

As someone who has had three IS250s in the past four years, I think I like the car!!! I had an '06 that I bought in Oct of '05, brand-new model then. I bought an '07 a year later, and I just got my '09 last week. I like to keep 'em updated, lol.

I love the body style. I love the service I am provided. I only have a premium package, but the car is wonderful, in my opinion. Okay, except for the occasional rattle that even, yes, my '09 has, too.........

As for gas, it's a big topic on this site. I use 91 because that's what's recommended. I don't want to chince on my car. I paid good money for it, I drive it all over the place, and I don't want to take any chances.

Welcome to LOC and congrats on your new purchase!

As someone who has had three IS250s in the past four years, I think I like the car!!! I had an '06 that I bought in Oct of '05, brand-new model then. I bought an '07 a year later, and I just got my '09 last week. I like to keep 'em updated, lol.

I love the body style. I love the service I am provided. I only have a premium package, but the car is wonderful, in my opinion. Okay, except for the occasional rattle that even, yes, my '09 has, too.........

As for gas, it's a big topic on this site. I use 91 because that's what's recommended. I don't want to chince on my car. I paid good money for it, I drive it all over the place, and I don't want to take any chances.

Welcome to LOC and congrats on your new purchase!

Have you asked anyone about the rattle?

I just got out of a TSX and it was a great car so I was debating on getting another one but I fell

in love with the IS. What octane gas do you put in your IS? I was thinking of using mid-grade.

maybe you will save $50 per year. Use what's recommended -- 91.

Have you asked anyone about the rattle?

Rattles are standard fare with late model Lexus' - that comes from the service department themselves. The GS is the worst. And the IS is know for many rattles by the manufacturer. There is the well known dashboard rattle which requires the dash to be removed and only sometimes works. I love my IS - the best styling on the road. But I am constantly having service chase the rattles - service is excellent and what will ultimately lead me back to get another.

Want to find a buzz/rattle in every IS I have ever driven? Grab the area were the dash board just above the instrument cluster. There are two screws/attachment points on the under side, between your thumb and forefinger squeeze the right size attachment point and you will hear a buzzing. At some point this buzzing will start when you are driving. They fixed mine with felt tape. I just drove a 09 brand new loaner buzzing like crazy. I will probably get an 2010 - at least I know where all the rattles and buzz points are.

Still the nicest car on the road - can't even count the complements I get daily.

Totally agreed, Clay.

As for the rattles, some I've had fixed, others I've just left alone. Like I said before, if it didn't rattle, I'd think something was wrong. I love my car overall, and that's what's led me to continue buying it.......

Totally agreed, Clay.

As for the rattles, some I've had fixed, others I've just left alone. Like I said before, if it didn't rattle, I'd think something was wrong. I love my car overall, and that's what's led me to continue buying it.......

Trina you in line to get an 2010 or 2011? The 09 had to be worn out by now! LOL

OK, we cant keep up with Trina, but we are on our second IS. Love the cars. No, not perfect, rattles and all. But they are beautiful, perform well, handle nicely. The 250 has decent economy even! Sure there are things to complain about, but overall, great cars.

New annoyance....the rearview mirror vibrates terribly when the sunroof is open!

But she's all spiffed up and looking mahvelus, so I'll deal with it...

I know exactly what you are talking about with the rearview! Now that it is warm where I live, I opened up the sunroof and noticed that it would not stop vibrating.

YES. Lexus replaced my rear view mirror there is a TSIB for it I believe. That was a known issue to me when I bought the car. Easy swap out. Still vibrates somewhat.

Totally agreed, Clay.

Trina you in line to get an 2010 or 2011? The 09 had to be worn out by now! LOL

Quite possibly! I drive way too much.........And the new car smell hasn't worn out yet! ;)

My rear view mirror only vibrates when I have the bass up, but I think that's normal. One thing that annoys me is the second wipe of the windshield wipers after you spray the washer fluid. And also how badly timed the wipers are, they come on before the fluid, basically wiping a dry windshield. So to go around it, I pull the stalk halfway which makes the fluid squirt but doesn't turn on the wipers and then I pull it all the way... but there is still that automatic second wipe that comes on about 3 seconds afterwards and just *BLEEP*s everything up.... anyway this is really minor lol

My rear view mirror only vibrates when I have the bass up, but I think that's normal. One thing that annoys me is the second wipe of the windshield wipers after you spray the washer fluid. And also how badly timed the wipers are, they come on before the fluid, basically wiping a dry windshield. So to go around it, I pull the stalk halfway which makes the fluid squirt but doesn't turn on the wipers and then I pull it all the way... but there is still that automatic second wipe that comes on about 3 seconds afterwards and just *BLEEP*s everything up.... anyway this is really minor lol

But I do love how it goes into the delay mode when the car stops. Then picks back up when the car starts rolling again. That I find is a nice feature.

Hi everyone! I ended up getting a great deal on the 2008 so I got it instead of the 2007. In my city the octane doesn't come in 91, but 89 and 93. My TSX required 91 and I used 89 and it was fine. If I had the 350 I would use the 93 but I don't think its necessary with the 250.

• 1 year later...

My 2010 IS shakes violently when the sunroof is open, at least 2 windows are down, and travelling around 45mph. Dealer is implying I'm making it up, as they don't believe me. They said the issue is with 2009 and earlier, but was fixed with 2010. My next course of action is to film the shaking. It is so bad I fear the rear view mirror is going to shatter. Anybody else experiencing this?

• 1 month later...

In my city the octane doesn't come in 91, but 89 and 93. My TSX required 91 and I used 89 and it was fine. If I had the 350 I would use the 93 but I don't think its necessary with the 250.

It doesn't really make that much of an impact to every-day driving - unless you drive hard. The Engine Management System (knock sensor) will detect pre-ignition (detonation) under load and simply !Removed! the timing. This does equate to less than optimal power and torque from your engine. It could be argued that the 250 probably needs it more than the 350...

But I agree with the previous poster - the price difference is rather minimal over the course of a year. I only have 87, 89, and 93 here in Washington DC too and have defaulted to 93 for my 250.

when i press and hold the unlok button on the remote of my IS 2010 it goes noting, normaly is 2006 at 2009 full open the 4 windows.

same here i hate the second swipe of wipers

but i relly love front defrost windows under wipper just relly great when the wipper is jamed in the ice and all rest of the car is perfect

Hi everyone! Finally got here! Purchased my IS250 2010 almost 9 months ago. Very pleased with it Has anyone used the snow mode or the skid control? I'd appreciate your comments. I haven't had to.....yet even though we have had some snow.

I LOVE the paddles especially going down snowy hills when I want to be in low gear.

The only thing I don't like about the car is that it's too low to the ground in the front. Gotta be careful parking diagonally - I've already scraped the bottom a couple of times when I first got the car. At least you can't see the scratches. I should have got that warning option.