350 Tips And Tricks

rjt65

Today (and hey I read the user guide when I bought it cover to cover) I hit my side mirror switch to L from the usual neutral middle and noticed that the mirrors will tilt down when in reverse to help u get in the lines!

so I thought to start a thread for the less known tips on Lexus 350's suggest you state the year of your lexus and packages u have as there is differences in the lines.

So my 3 tips: 2008 es350 with ultra Lux-ML stereo with Nav

1-) side mirror auto tilt - Place the side mirror adjustment switch off the neutral setting so leave in left setting , when reversing the mirrors will tilt down automatically to let u see the lines u r backing into---they will move up when u go forward--gr8 for parking in reverse like i do when i go into my garage!

2-) how to remove carpet mats - trying to take off from the back is a hassle-so i found by rolling the carpet from the top in a roll, the bottom will easily come off the hooks with no fighting! try it!

3-) headlight tilt switch - Lexus hid the shut-off switch under the steering wheel column so be careful u do not hit it when cleaning etc.. for some reason they chose to leave this out of the manual ;-(

Add any more tips trix here! ;)

RJT- Can you explain number 3?

More tricks on ES350...

1) With the keyless remote, if you hold the unlock button for a while, all the doors unlock, the windows will go down and the moon roof will open. Keep the button pressed and everything opens all the way. The opposite, the lock button, does not close it all up.

2) There is a button in the passenger glove compartment that disables/enables the opening of the trunk. If your trunk does not open, check that.

More tricks on ES350...

1) With the keyless remote, if you hold the unlock button for a while, all the doors unlock, the windows will go down and the moon roof will open. Keep the button pressed and everything opens all the way. The opposite, the lock button, does not close it all up.

2) There is a button in the passenger glove compartment that disables/enables the opening of the trunk. If your trunk does not open, check that.

hey AZ---- someone accidentally stopped their front headlights from moving and I found this out on the inet...

when the turn (safety feature the head lites move when u turn) if you fish around under your steering wheel column there is one of 2 buttons hidden under there-one turns this feature on off. Y it is not in the manual, dunno---so if you notice this feature stops working maybe someone hit the button.

cheers

More tricks on ES350...

1) To close all windows you can press and hold on the handle button (not from the keyless remote) and it will close windows and the moon roof.

1-) side mirror auto tilt - Place the side mirror adjustment switch off the neutral setting so leave in left setting , when reversing the mirrors will tilt down automatically to let u see the lines u r backing into---they will move up when u go forward--gr8 for parking in reverse like i do when i go into my garage!

That is a cool feature, I never knew it was there. I did a search of the Owner's Manual and it is described on page 59 but I never noticed it.

Thanks for these tips.

Maybe they should be FAQ that is a "pinned".

John

More tricks on ES350...

1) To close all windows you can press and hold on the handle button (not from the keyless remote) and it will close windows and the moon roof.

One note on this for ES350 UL owners with a panoramic roof....the roof does not open..just the windows!

• 1 month later...

I finally found out how to illuminate the interior at night.

Those little spot lights by the sun roof controls are too small and focused to light up the rest of the interior when you want to look for something in the dark.

Tonight, while waiting for my daughter to get back to school, I was playing around with the car (only have it 3 weeks now) and I flipped down the sun visors and opened the vanity mirrors. The lights over the mirrors are flood lamps!! Each one lights up 3/4 of the front. With both on, there finally enough light to do anything you need at night.

(Great thread.)

• 4 weeks later...

Clarification

the 2 hidden buttons under the steering wheel

the one on the right is the headlight turning button

LEft button is used to reset the TPM (Tire pressure Monitor) - to reset the TPM with car running hold button in and the TPM light should blink 3x and go out, release button than stop and restart car--light should be off

• 2 weeks later...

More tricks on ES350...

On several occassions I have gone to my car to fine the windows down and the roof panel open. Ibelieve that this may be caused by items in the pocket or wife's purse pressing against the key fob. Never had this problem on other cars I've owned. Hope it doesn't happen while its raining.

On several occassions I have gone to my car to fine the windows down and the roof panel open. Ibelieve that this may be caused by items in the pocket or wife's purse pressing against the key fob. Never had this problem on other cars I've owned. Hope it doesn't happen while its raining.

You can have your dealer program this "feature" out. That was my choice and my wife's choice. I see no reason to open everything up with the fob.

Lou

• 3 weeks later...

another learned tip

Be careful when leaving car u do not push the brights on ! as the lights will remain on and not automatically shut off...

So upon parking in my garage yesterday---hour or 2 later my daughter tells me my front lights are on as she went to the garage refrigerator... so found i must have accidentally pushed forward the brights (on the left of the steering wheel) ---assumed lights would turn off as usual not noticing the brights were on... ah well.. lucky i go to it before the battery died...

The headlight tilt, or Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) switch, located below the steering column is in fact mentioned in the owners manual for the 2009 ES350 (p.136). Unfortunately the picture doesn't make it clear where its located, I had to call my dealer to find out. Great tips, wish I had some to add but I've had mine for less than a week. Does anyone know how to associate a key with a particular seat setting? So that when I approach it sets everything to saved setting #2? Thanks!

Not sure if this only applies to NAV vehicles or not. But if you press & hold (2-3 seconds) the AUTO button controlling the fresh/recirc, it goes to a screen so you can adjust the smog sensitivity.

I notice this is very accurate. When I'm behind a car at a light, and the car ahead accelerates from a stop, the auto mode switches from fresh to recirc for a few seconds. Hard to believe that it is that accurate.

Not sure if this only applies to NAV vehicles or not. But if you press & hold (2-3 seconds) the AUTO button controlling the fresh/recirc, it goes to a screen so you can adjust the smog sensitivity.

I notice this is very accurate. When I'm behind a car at a light, and the car ahead accelerates from a stop, the auto mode switches from fresh to recirc for a few seconds. Hard to believe that it is that accurate.

ooh, thats really cool. Does that work on your RX also, or just the just the ES?

The headlight tilt, or Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) switch, located below the steering column is in fact mentioned in the owners manual for the 2009 ES350 (p.136). Unfortunately the picture doesn't make it clear where its located, I had to call my dealer to find out. Great tips, wish I had some to add but I've had mine for less than a week. Does anyone know how to associate a key with a particular seat setting? So that when I approach it sets everything to saved setting #2? Thanks!

Check out page #45 in the 2009 ES350 owners manual. I did it with the two key fobs mine and my wife's, that way when either of us approach the car it sets to which ever memory that fob is set for. It sets the seat and mirror. GOOD LUCK

Check out page #45 in the 2009 ES350 owners manual. I did it with the two key fobs mine and my wife's, that way when either of us approach the car it sets to which ever memory that fob is set for. It sets the seat and mirror. GOOD LUCK

Thanks for the pointer, not sure how I missed that tip in my first review of the manual!

another learned tip

Be careful when leaving car u do not push the brights on ! as the lights will remain on and not automatically shut off...

So upon parking in my garage yesterday---hour or 2 later my daughter tells me my front lights are on as she went to the garage refrigerator... so found i must have accidentally pushed forward the brights (on the left of the steering wheel) ---assumed lights would turn off as usual not noticing the brights were on... ah well.. lucky i go to it before the battery died...

I have a 2008 ES and that is not my experience. I drive with the brights on regularly and turn the car off and leave it as always. The lights go out I guess because the next morning it starts up and the lights will be on bright, as I left them the night before!

I should have been more specific--I usually leave the setting in auto--when i must have hit light settings i knocked the setting out of auto and into lights on in addition to pushing into the brights mode so the issue was not just leaving on the brights but rather accidentally hitting out of auto mode

so duh on me <_<

another learned tip

I have a 2008 ES and that is not my experience. I drive with the brights on regularly and turn the car off and leave it as always. The lights go out I guess because the next morning it starts up and the lights will be on bright, as I left them the night before!

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know locking the car w/o holding key fob. Sounds like not something you want to do anyway - by accidentally locking yourself out :( However I'm just curious and finding myself only time to find my key fob is to lock the car... thx.

Does anyone know locking the car w/o holding key fob. Sounds like not something you want to do anyway - by accidentally locking yourself out :( However I'm just curious and finding myself only time to find my key fob is to lock the car... thx.

I just hit the rocker switch on the drivers door (I never take the fob out of my pocket). Another option is to hit the button on the exterior door handle. And, it's not possible to lock the fob inside the car....if you attempt to lock the door, you get a long beeeeep and the door remains unlocked.

You can however lock the fob inside the trunk. But since it's within close proximity to the car, you can unlock the truck with the exterior trunk button and get the fob out.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1