Car Attracting Bugs!

My car is normally garaged, but whenever I am parked somewhere else outside, TONS of flies and other random insects FLOCK on and around my car! It sounds bizarre but it happens ALL the time. It's nasty. If I am washing it in the driveway, without fail there are always little black insects crawling on it. I'm not sure if its the color (starfire pearl), or the Lexus paint itself, or just my car! Does anyone else have this issue?

Hey Jules, welcome to the LOC :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: I have never heard of anything like this before. I know that when I spray water on my car, I'll see a yellow spider or two that try to get out of the way, but nothing like a bunch of bugs flocking to it.

• 3 weeks later...

Weird, I have the same problem! They are definitely little nats. I live in CA and like you my car is usually garaged. Gee-Es 300 has a good point though, some of the products I use do have a sweet smell to them. It seems that it is the worst just after a wash, but I have also noticed it when the car was dirty. I know this is gross, but sometimes its a fight to get into my car without letting them in! Ew! :angry:

same *BLEEP* happen to me every time i finish washing my car. its black btw. i can't make them go away :(

Aha, a black car attracting bugs. What detailing products do you use?

Your not alone. I thought I was the only one! It's damn annoying, my car is also black.

Jeff.

• 2 weeks later...
same *BLEEP* happen to me every time i finish washing my car. its black btw. i can't make them go away :(

Aha, a black car attracting bugs. What detailing products do you use?

I've been using Meguiars' Gold Class Shampoo and Conditioner to wash my car. It sort of smells like Lever2000. I wouldn't say it was sweet smelling.

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem on my black car. It only started after I polished the car with Sonus SFX 2 and 3 a few weeks ago. I got tons of the little white bugs flying around when I park my car at work and it's hard as hell to get in the car without having a bunch come inside also. The worst was when I was stopped at red light a few days after polishing and had my moon roof and windows open. All of a sudden, I had two bees flying around my car and then both were inside my car. I hate bees so I started swinging a notebook I had sitting on the passenger seat. I whacked one out of the passenger window and the other one flew out by itself. I immediately shut the windows and the moon roof and both bees kept flying around the car. That weekend I washed the car and it seems to have gotten much better but I still get those white bugs at work (albeit to a lesser degree).

ok...well my problem is that my car attracts bugs when I am driving! Get them all over the front. :whistles: :whistles:

:D :lol: :D

Seriously...I have a white Jeep that sits outside and I notice little black bugs all over it too. But then again have not washed the thing in 6 months so...

• 2 weeks later...