Highest Mileage

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey actually just asked him, he has changed it once

I think you should have PepBoys, Walmart or Sears test the battery for you. Crank Amps should be around 500. If it's below replace that. If it's above, you might have a starter problem, or something else.

I'd go with the SC400. ;)

• 1 year later...

I have a 96- SC300 with 142,000 miles.. runs good but had to spend some money lately in last 2 months. All the belts, alternator,battery, sensor, major tuneup.. including wire, plugs, caps, rotor, about $3200 worth of work from my own mechinc... etc.. but runs good. Don't know should i keep the car or sell it.. but over all very happy with the car....

any advice..

Thanks...

I just bought an Sc 400 with 201,010 miles... check it.... 1600.00 smackers It was running on four cylinders... oh but no... thw coil was bad... hehe... the ac did not work.... haha the plug for compressor was corroded... hehe.... bad tires and perfect body, paint and interior... and trans was done less than 1900 miles ago... yes, yes!!!! everything is great now... 330 dollars plus tires this sucker is awesome. Oh yeah the audio did not work..... put kicker amp on factory head unit and it be rolling!!!!!!!!!!!

My 95 has just rolled over 56k this week. They poke fun at me at the office because I cover it in the parking lot and its always immaculate inside.

Too bad its going to get parked next week permanently when I get my GS430. I'll stick it under a cover somewhere until someone wants to buy it.

My 95 has just rolled over 56k this week.  They poke fun at me at the office because I cover it in the parking lot and its always immaculate inside.

Too bad its going to get parked next week permanently when I get my GS430.  I'll stick it under a cover somewhere until someone wants to buy it.

Mind if I ask why you're selling this car. You have a 95 w/ 56k. I wish I had your car, but gotta have it in stick.

My 95 has just rolled over 56k this week.  They poke fun at me at the office because I cover it in the parking lot and its always immaculate inside.

Too bad its going to get parked next week permanently when I get my GS430.  I'll stick it under a cover somewhere until someone wants to buy it.

Mind if I ask why you're selling this car. You have a 95 w/ 56k. I wish I had your car, but gotta have it in stick.

I'm picking up a blk/blk GS430 this week. I knew I needed a 4 door when I bought the SC (two kids 3 and under), but I couldn't help myself, it was so clean and the mileage was incredible. So I enjoyed it for a year, but the hassle of the back seat is too much. I think I have it sold, actually, a lady I kind of know drove it home last night and bringing it back today, says she really wants to buy it. She's a doctor, wants a cheap but nice two-door for her commute. I should get $12.5, which I came down to since the timing belt service is almost due.

Anyway, there you do. I'll know by this afternoon if it's sold. I've had a ton of interest in it, it's on cars.com.

I pick up the GS either Tuesday or Wednesday, so it's going into storage after that until somebody makes me an offer that isn't ridiculous. Trouble is most people who can write a check for $13 aren't shopping for 11 year old cars, and the book value is only $12.2, making it tough to get a loan (plus the age).

I have 183k on a 92 SC400.....bought it with blown headgaskets(176k) and put a 50k engine into it... so now i have about 57k on the engine. Just replaced the struts that were still original, lower control arm bushings(shot as hell and original), rack and pinion(started leaking out of right boot), and thats the only major things, def. need a paint job tho

• 2 weeks later...

278,000 on a 92 sc 300 5 speed. I am not the original owner, but the car has been dealer maintained before it came to me.. :D .. i had to get the interior redone, and the engine has not been opened.. its juss had major maintainence done, alt, pwr string pump... etc... still runs, and looks like new... www.freewebs.com/nimski62 thas my baby.^^

I couldn't get the link to work...

278,000 on a 92 sc 300 5 speed. I am not the original owner, but the car has been dealer maintained before it came to me.. :D .. i had to get the interior redone, and the engine has not been opened.. its juss had major maintainence done, alt, pwr string pump... etc... still runs, and looks like new... www.freewebs.com/nimski62  thas my baby.^^

• 1 month later...

wow... i guess i feel lucky when i say i have a 93 sc300 with 94K on it... not bad for a miami car huh? 

85,000- timing belt

90,000- starter change

93,000- alternator change (due to leak in distributer seal)

252,245 kms and running as strong as the day I bought my 92 sc400 back 5 years ago.

Good basic maintenance and preventative maintenance is the only recipe beyond starting with one of the strongest cars ever built

This is a year round Canadian car

47786374.Lexus2.jpg

I just bought a 92 SC400 with 192,000 miles on it. The exterior looks great now. I paid $2500 to get a couple of dents pulled out and had the entire car repainted. I just need the headlights replaced and I'm good to go. As for the interior...that's a different story entirely. I need a new driver's side seat (the current one is ripped and in terrible shape). The door needs to be fixed (the passenger door can't open from the inside for some reason and the window deosnt go all the way down). That's just the beginning. But she runs great is very quiet and starts right up. Overall, I'm pleased with my purchase.

• 2 months later...

New member, first post. I just bought a 92 SC 400 with 186,000 now has 189. I had to replace the water pump-timing belt, camshaft pulley, idlers and from what I see, this engine has not been touched. Lots of power and no compression drop in any of the cylinders. Love the car.

I've got 135k on my '93 5-speed SC3. Bought it in 99 from a helicopter pilot who maintained it immaculately. Replaced the clutch at 120k, recently replaced the radiator hoses, and found out today that the rear wheel bearings are going. Other than that it hasn't needed a thing other than regular service...knock on wood.

Just bought a 95 sc300 88k custom color-baltic blue met.garage kept

for $8k.Right side foglight out, seems to ride a little rough. I feel every

little bump in road. possibly shocks,struts,bushings etc. Any idea on the

cost for shocks etc.? I see why you guys love these cars so much.Great

forum. Bruce

• 3 weeks later...