Gas Prices

amf1932

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I passed a gas station the other day and I noticed something about how some of the gas stations are breaking up the prices. A Mobil station had Regular at $2.22. (Not bad), mid grade was $2.52, and premium was $2.74! Right down the street a Shell had it for $2.24 regular, $2.34 mid and $2.49 premium. .02 higher ends up being .25 cheaper!

I don't want to hijack the thead but used car prices are taking a dive too.

Looking at a used car flyer from local dealers, I can't believe how the prices are falling.

'03 SC430 convertible-$15,900

'03 LS430- $11,900

'04 IS300- $10,900

'07 ES350- $24,795

'06 IS 350- $23,595- with nav , HID

'06 GS 300- $16,900

'06 IS 350- $19,950

Most eye opener is a 1999 911 coupe with 52K miles for $23,995, that would be a nice buy.

And it's pretty much the same with all the cars that are listed.

Just paid $2.21 for Shell 93...sure beats paying 2x that over the summer.

NC211, you are now my financial advisor!

I never thought i would be able to fill my civic from 1/4 tank for $24 again!

Hahahaa... :lol:

Sadly, the ability to read some of the future, doesn't mean I have any powers to avoid it. If I did, believe me, I'd of steered us clear of the mess going on now, and what's coming down the chute at us during the next 12 to 24 months. We're in the poo-poo amigos. And we have $4.50 a gallon prices to blame for it "among other areas too". Bad news, is just that to most americans, bad news. But when it's at your local gas station, it's bad reality. I certainly hope the incoming powers of government think this through and put in the right protections in the commodoties sector so we never face what we faced a few months, again. And if we do, it better really be about supply and demand, not speculation and fear.

Yep, everyone needs to keep in mind WHY gas prices are dropping like a rock. When the global economy goes in the dumper and demand for everything heads downhill, so do prices. We're in a world of hurt, folks, and it's going to get worse before it gets better. Watch the unemployment statistics break 70-year-old records over the next six months and I hope that none of you become one of those statistics yourself....

Yep, everyone needs to keep in mind WHY gas prices are dropping like a rock. When the global economy goes in the dumper and demand for everything heads downhill, so do prices. We're in a world of hurt, folks, and it's going to get worse before it gets better. Watch the unemployment statistics break 70-year-old records over the next six months and I hope that none of you become one of those statistics yourself....

Im in the army, gotta love job security! LOL.

I do however, wish you the best NC, if you need anything at all, you know where to get ahold of me.

DC you're like the kid in school who's parent just got him a new riced out Honda Civic. (with V-Tard)

STOP BRAGGING!! :censored:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahaha ;)

I filled up 3/4 of a tank a couple nights ago for just under $40! I never thought I'd be so excited to spend that much money on gas! hahaha

DC you're like the kid in school who's parent just got him a new riced out Honda Civic. (with V-Tard)

STOP BRAGGING!! :censored:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahaha ;)

I filled up 3/4 of a tank a couple nights ago for just under $40! I never thought I'd be so excited to spend that much money on gas! hahaha

:lol::lol: $1.79 :lol::lol: E85 is $1.44 :blink:

Market players are preparing for $40 a barrel prices soon, no matter if opec cuts production even further!!!! :D :D :D

I think that would translate to the $1.35-$1.45 range!!!!

Supertankers are in huge demand now too, not for shipping purposes, but for STORAGE purposes! There's too much oil now! Hahaha....Go flippin' figure that one, just 4 months from the $147/barrel days!

And reports are starting to come out that Iran might not be able to sustain their nuke ambitions, and feed their country at the same time!