Average Owners Age

mhawkin1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought my first Lexus ES350 on Thursday, I'm 36 years old. I drove a sports coupe the past 10 years and thought it was time for a change. I'm still getting used to it but I'm happy. :D

32 and I own an es350...like the smooth ride but its not so sporty and sometimes feels bulky

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 35 and just bought the RX2010...alot of my friends have been toying with this car, the Grand Cherokee or BMW (at least those not resigned to the dreaed 'mini-van'). I've noticed that the older crowd tends to go with the larger SUVs or the Porsche. I think men in their mid-life crisis always like say they own a porsche...even if it's not the sports car they wanted.

I was 30 when I bought my 'starter Lexus' a nice ES 330

• 2 weeks later...
I have owned my 08 ES for eight days now; the common question that is posed when my friends first see the car is - "Why didn't you get the IS?" I turned 29 on the day I picked my car up (completely coincidence) but I started to wonder what the average age was for owners of the ES, more specifically the 350? I test drove the IS twice, and did not like the car at all.

Just curious as to why I am hearing this question so often. Not that I really give a rip if they like the IS better, just shows I have better taste! ;)

(PriusChat had 'Polls' that contained this information - but I could not find this info when I searched this forum.)

Matt

I bought my ES last year when I was also 29, last I heard the average age of a Lexus owner is 57, I am guessing that is quite a bit lower for ES owners, I am with you, I spent about six months going back and forth from a Merc to the Lexus, but the IS is to small. It loses alot of the Luxry apeal when you have to fold yourself into it.

Bought my first Lexus (95' LS400) when I was 30. I'm now 35 and bought my current Lexus (01' GS430) about 6 weeks ago. Knowing how good these cars are, I tend to look for older, properly maintained models that require the basic normal wear and tear maintenance. Bought the LS to feel older than I was. Bought the GS to remind myself I'm not quite that old. Traded the 07' Mazda 3GT because I'm not 16 anymore. Drive the 4runner on those "f'it days". Would love to have an older 911 in the garage as a toy to help blow the rest of the hair off the top of my head on the weekends, but can't fit the baby stroller in the front trunk. <_<

Would love to have a fully loaded Sienna minivan too. Yeah, I admit it.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Every case is different . I'm 69 and have an IS250 for it's nimbleness and RWD handling. But my wife has a second generation Cadillac CTS which has many of the comfort/luxury traits of the ES350. And we can trade off whenever we want.

So different strokes for different folks. They're all good cars (especially compared to many of the cars when I was young :rolleyes: ), so just drive and enjoy.

Bill K.

• 3 weeks later...

I was 31 at the time [now 32] I bought my 2008 ES 350. I strongly considered the IS 350 but felt that the interior was a bit cramped for me. Plus tire maintenance would cost significanly more as they are only 20K mile tires and could not be rotated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought my first ES at age 36. I just bought my second (a 2010 ES 350) last week at age 45. The reason I didn't consider an IS or BMW 3 series is that I am 6'3" and the IS looks like a toy car when I get out of it. The BMW 528 is $50,000 and i just got my new ES out the door for under $40k.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I am new to the forum and a first time lexus buyer. I am 40, have owned Toyota in the past and decided to step it up a notch. Test drove G37, TSX, Lexus IS 250,350, and Camry XLE V6 before buying my 2010 ES silver w/grey and brown wood interior with no nav.

• 1 year later...