Modifying The Is 300

smooth1

Well, it looks like I just bought a Carbon Fiber hood for my ride. YES!!!!!

And.............I killed an Evo 8 today..... ^_^

I promised myself no more races until I get the drivetrain squared away. I just couldn't help myself. I rolled the car out of the garage today and just washed it. After that I thought, well, I'll just take it for a quick spin and make sure everything is working the way it should be. ( I haven't driven it in a week!) So I jump in, warm it up and go for a cruise, I figure 15 mins or so. I turn down the main road in front of the subdivision I live in and the light turned red and the Evo pulls up. I said to myself,"No way, your gonna pop the tranny and then be screwed." So the light turns green and I accelerate off the line in a mature fashion. The Evo stayed next to me. I could hear the blow off valve Psst as he shifted. Then he started to pull ahead slowly. So I cracked the throttle a little more to stay neck and neck. Then I think he realized I was sort of playing with him and I heard the revs go up, him down shift and the turbo spool, I was acting on instinct at this point, I switched to manual, downshifted also, spooled up right with him and said " SEEE YA!!!" I pulled out probably 3 or 4 car lengths and was still stretching it out when we reached the next light. He moved over into my lane behind me as I was about to make a right hand turn. I made the turn and he followed me, swinging into the lane next to me and wanting to run it again. But just as I started to open the throttle, a cop pulled out from a gas station in front of us about 2 blocks up. So we stayed side by side down the strip. The cop made a right turn on to another street and just as we passed the road he turned on, SLAM, it was on again.......And This time I spooled up quicker instead of reacting to his move, I jumped the same time he did, and the Lexus just dusted him all the way down the road. I hit a red light and had to stop. By the time he got there it turned green again and I throttled up to pace him, just as he hit the gas though, I turned right to go home. ( I'm not supposed to be racing until the tranny and tc are in!!!) BUt none the less, another notch on the hit list. Man, Tranny and tc, hurry up and get here........

Ok, CF hood is here:

post-42851-1195433306_thumb.jpg post-42851-1195433322_thumb.jpg

And here is a recent pic of my ride:

post-42851-1195433366_thumb.jpg

And what's that square thing in the lower grill???? Is that a radiator??? LOL!!

post-42851-1195433395_thumb.jpg

Ok, CF hood is here:

post-42851-1195433306_thumb.jpg post-42851-1195433322_thumb.jpg

And here is a recent pic of my ride:

post-42851-1195433366_thumb.jpg

And what's that square thing in the lower grill???? Is that a radiator??? LOL!!

post-42851-1195433395_thumb.jpg

Isn't that one of those ebay screw on grilles??? :whistles:

u, my friend, have a badass car!!! very nice setup and great pictures along with the words!!!

this is what i want my car like, except way faster. like 600-700hp..

Thank you, and welcome to the thread.

LOL!! Yeah, 600-700 whp reqiures a full motor build, cams, head work, and a whole new drivetrain, and untold mods and headaches. All that will be my final stage. I just want a streetable rocket right now. I may push my hp up a little later, but I really want a whole custom car though. So I decided I'm just gonna keep doing it in stages. Once I get the race tranny in and the custom tc in, then I'm gonna spend my time fine tuning the car, and working on the appearance mods again for awhile. After that, next year I will start working on building a GTE motor from the bottom up and new drivetrain to match. Then I can take my time and do everything the way I want. This is my last build. So this car is going to be my car for a very,very,very long time. So I just as well pace myself. Even though I got alot done in my first year.

that black on black looks good! do you have to sand those red pads b4 you paint them....they look good too!?

Thanks, and welcome to the thread!!!

If your talking about the brake calipers, no I didn't sand them. I just cleaned them off really well before painting them.

Okay, I just finished pulling the stock transmission, and torque converter out, and put in the new Turboeast Racebuilt transmission, and the level 10 torque converter. I will have pictures tomarrow. I figured a transmission looks like a transmission and a tc looks,,,well, sorta like a tc. LOL!! But anyway, I filled it with Amsoil ATF, started the car and went for the test drive.

Results:

The shifting is I would say is about 50% better. The tc, while they said it was a 3200 stall speed, I don't think it actually is. I think it's probly closer to 2500-2800 rpm. But without a tranny brake, it's hard to tell exactly. So, I'm gonna give it a few days and see how it plays out. I may have to readdress the tc later again. But, everything came out smoothly, and all the new stuff went in as it should. So there were no issues as far as that went. I will say that the shifting isn't all that harsh at all. I am suspicious as to how much internal "race building" this tranny went thru. From the list of mods that a race built tranny for this car goes thru, I would have expected more of a snap in the shift points. But it could be that the transission needs some "break in" time also. I will say that the e shift is way nicer now. It shifts on point now. No pushing the button and waiting. As soon as I hit it, the transmission shifts!! That I have to say is very cool!!

I can really feel the torque and the pull of all the ponies now for sure. I don't have to wait till third gear to really get on it now. From a dig, the car starts out ok, tc locks up and the turbo spools, then the car shifts to second and I'm fully spooled and pulling strong now all the way thru the gears. I used to have to let off the throttle some to let the trans shift, then drop the hammer again, now it's pretty much floor it, and let the car do it's thing.

Okay, I just finished pulling the stock transmission, and torque converter out, and put in the new Turboeast Racebuilt transmission, and the level 10 torque converter. I will have pictures tomarrow. I figured a transmission looks like a transmission and a tc looks,,,well, sorta like a tc. LOL!! But anyway, I filled it with Amsoil ATF, started the car and went for the test drive.

Results:

The shifting is I would say is about 50% better. The tc, while they said it was a 3200 stall speed, I don't think it actually is. I think it's probly closer to 2500-2800 rpm. But without a tranny brake, it's hard to tell exactly. So, I'm gonna give it a few days and see how it plays out. I may have to readdress the tc later again. But, everything came out smoothly, and all the new stuff went in as it should. So there were no issues as far as that went. I will say that the shifting isn't all that harsh at all. I am suspicious as to how much internal "race building" this tranny went thru. From the list of mods that a race built tranny for this car goes thru, I would have expected more of a snap in the shift points. But it could be that the transission needs some "break in" time also. I will say that the e shift is way nicer now. It shifts on point now. No pushing the button and waiting. As soon as I hit it, the transmission shifts!! That I have to say is very cool!!

I can really feel the torque and the pull of all the ponies now for sure. I don't have to wait till third gear to really get on it now. From a dig, the car starts out ok, tc locks up and the turbo spools, then the car shifts to second and I'm fully spooled and pulling strong now all the way thru the gears. I used to have to let off the throttle some to let the trans shift, then drop the hammer again, now it's pretty much floor it, and let the car do it's thing.

Smooth, Definetly the Finest/Best thread with an IS anywhere, Go, Go, Went............ :cheers::cheers::cheers:

A sincere yet humble "Thank You" dcfish. I know you have been around all these forums for a long time, so coming from you, that's a real compliment. Thanks. I'm just glad to have people like you, and all the others who contribute to the forums around.

A sincere yet humble "Thank You" dcfish. I know you have been around all these forums for a long time, so coming from you, that's a real compliment. Thanks. I'm just glad to have people like you, and all the others who contribute to the forums around.

:blushing: It is members like you that make the LOC the finest "L' forum in the world.......... :cheers:

Need I say more ? God Bless ;)

I was going to wait before doing this, but I kept looking at it and thinking "Man, that could look really nice!" So, I had a few spare minutes, which by the way, is really all it took. And so, accomplished this today:

New Carbon Works Carbon Fiber Hood is on the car:

post-42851-1196546368_thumb.jpg post-42851-1196546382_thumb.jpg

post-42851-1196546432_thumb.jpg post-42851-1196546471_thumb.jpg

It's already got the UV protection in it and is clear coated. they didn't do a bad job. It has good depth and a great finish. If you look at the pic, over my shoulder is the roof of the house.

post-42851-1196546489_thumb.jpg

The fitment is as good as you can ask for. One side is about 2 mm higher than the fender. But I'm just usung the stock hood latch right now. I have a hood pin kit, which I will install later. That will fix that and then the fitment will be just about dead on. I didn't put the hood pin kit in yet because I'm not sure the one I have is the one I wann use. So I figure I would just wait till I was sure.

They also did a great job underneathe the hood as well. All the support network and hinge connections were well done. the hood liner from the stock hood fit right in place on the cf hood as well. So that was a nice bonus.

I think it looks great. What about you guys? I think maybe it needs the trunck lid, all four doors, fenders, front bumper and lip kit, all cf. Hmmm, maybe to much cf?

I was going to wait before doing this, but I kept looking at it and thinking "Man, that could look really nice!" So, I had a few spare minutes, which by the way, is really all it took. And so, accomplished this today:

New Carbon Works Carbon Fiber Hood is on the car:

post-42851-1196546368_thumb.jpg post-42851-1196546382_thumb.jpg

post-42851-1196546432_thumb.jpg post-42851-1196546471_thumb.jpg

It's already got the UV protection in it and is clear coated. they didn't do a bad job. It has good depth and a great finish. If you look at the pic, over my shoulder is the roof of the house.

post-42851-1196546489_thumb.jpg

The fitment is as good as you can ask for. One side is about 2 mm higher than the fender. But I'm just usung the stock hood latch right now. I have a hood pin kit, which I will install later. That will fix that and then the fitment will be just about dead on. I didn't put the hood pin kit in yet because I'm not sure the one I have is the one I wann use. So I figure I would just wait till I was sure.

They also did a great job underneathe the hood as well. All the support network and hinge connections were well done. the hood liner from the stock hood fit right in place on the cf hood as well. So that was a nice bonus.

I think it looks great. What about you guys? I think maybe it needs the trunck lid, all four doors, fenders, front bumper and lip kit, all cf. Hmmm, maybe to much cf?

Smooth, You are a mad scientist, Looks fantastic :cheers: FRANKENSTEIN :whistles:

hmmm.... i've never really been a fan of carbon fiber stuff..... i mean i like that it's lighter.... just i guess i like everything the same color.... but that's just me.... but who cares what i think.... your car's hella fast!!! :P

Iv'e seen this done before, but I was thinking that I would paint the hood along the headlight lines. Like this :

post-42851-1196685644_thumb.jpg

Only without the hood vents. ( I really don't like those.)

I've been looking for that grill. It's a JDM Altezza grill, but it's hard to find. I'm not that crazy about the front bumper they used, but I am going to put a new one on mine as well. I keep find one I think I like, then I keep looking at it for a couple of weeks, then talk myself out of it. Maybe I don't like it as much as I thought when I first saw it. LOL!!! Although, I do have one in mind now. And I have actually liked it for a couple of weeks now!! then once that goes on the car, I was thinking of a cf splitter .....Oh Yeah!!! B)

Yeah man! I think they look great.

Here's a closer shot.

post-42851-1196733939_thumb.jpg

post-42851-1196733967_thumb.jpg

These rims, while I didn't put them on a scale, where even lighter then the RS7's where. I would say these rims were under 15 lbs. each easily!!! Performance, and good looks. That's the way I like it!! B)