Modifying The Is 300

smooth1

Ok. I finally got my camera back. So I went to the shop and took a pics for everyone to see.

Here is the shop and the Dyno:

post-42851-1191542908_thumb.jpg post-42851-1191542921_thumb.jpg

post-42851-1191542876_thumb.jpg

My corner :

post-42851-1191542940_thumb.jpg

You should just forward all of that stuff in the mail to me. :P

What kind of van are you driving around? I used to have a 1990 E-350 15 passenger van that I loved to death haha. It was a touring van for my band, so it had some sentimental value.

I saw a guy with a bunch of gauges custom mounted to his steering wheel and it looked awesome. Or I like flop's cupholder idea! haha insta-stealth

It's a white Chevy 1500 extended cargo van. It's HUGE!!!!!

* After I install the turbo and stuff, I could mail you the empty boxes. When you open them, you might be able to smell the turbo that was there. LOL!!!!!028.gif

Yeah, I'm still working out the boost gauge location. I don't know about the a/c vent conversion. I think I'm leaning on making a a cutsom cover for over the steering column. Maybe have it slightly offset to the left.

and yo heyoceanfloor, you played or play in a band? what instrument?

haha yeah i'm a drummer. i'm not playing in a band right now but i used to play in this metal band until about a year ago: www.myspace.com/theymurderedmiracles

nothing major, just some mid-west/west touring and good times!

I love chevy vans. I was looking at a bigass dark green one but I got mine for $600 at a police auction instead! No real engine problems either, just a low idle speed and a corroded battery. and some prison tags on the inside haha

and yo heyoceanfloor, you played or play in a band? what instrument?

haha yeah i'm a drummer. i'm not playing in a band right now but i used to play in this metal band until about a year ago: www.myspace.com/theymurderedmiracles

nothing major, just some mid-west/west touring and good times!

I love chevy vans. I was looking at a bigass dark green one but I got mine for $600 at a police auction instead! No real engine problems either, just a low idle speed and a corroded battery. and some prison tags on the inside haha

Very cool!! I went to the site, Great music!! Singer not so much to honest. But the music was tight.

I'll post a pic of the beast next week. LOL!!! Dude, that's too funny. That's where I got mine. The Seminole county Sherrif's auction. It was a CSI supply cargo van!!! I paid 1300 for mine though, sounds like you got a better deal. It has 193,000 miles on it now. Runs good. Needs a tune up. but that's all. It didn't even have a radio in it when I got it. Blows cold a/c. To give you an idea of how big this thing is, from the back of the driver seat to the rear doors is just over 10 feet !!!!!!!

lol..... sounds like a shaggin' wagon!!!

hahaha ohh yes, we even built a bed in the back of ours! :lol:

mine didn't have a radio either, and the A/C was busted... We drove from california to pheonix, AZ in 117 degree summer weather for 7 hours.. probably one of the longest days of my life. it felt colder to keep the windows up haha. We managed to fit 6 people and their personal belongings, a bed, and a full band's worth of equipment (drums, guitar cabinets, heads, you name it) in that beast and still have room for a cigarette lighter TV! :cheers:

and thanks smooth! yeah i hear that a lot with the vocals :)

lol..... sounds like a shaggin' wagon!!!

hahaha ohh yes, we even built a bed in the back of ours! :lol:

mine didn't have a radio either, and the A/C was busted... We drove from california to pheonix, AZ in 117 degree summer weather for 7 hours.. probably one of the longest days of my life. it felt colder to keep the windows up haha. We managed to fit 6 people and their personal belongings, a bed, and a full band's worth of equipment (drums, guitar cabinets, heads, you name it) in that beast and still have room for a cigarette lighter TV! :cheers:

and thanks smooth! yeah i hear that a lot with the vocals :)

teu85.gif 6 people in a van thru 117 degree heat? Now that is dedication without reservation!!!!! Just be glad the van didn't break down!!!!

I'm not a musician, nor do I play one on tv, but I am an avid music lover. I'm really diggin finger elevens "paralyzer" right now, and one of my all time favs is stabbing westward " save yourself ", of course I'm old school, Metallica will allways rule.

So, my baby goes up on the rack this weekend. Unfortunately as much as I would like to drop everything and dis all my responsibilities and just work on it non stop until finished, I will have to divide my time and do it over a couple of days. It really doesn't matter though because I have had to schedule my time on the dyno anyway. Originally he had the dyno locked up. He rents it out to a couple of local racing teams. They come to the shop and set up their cars. And he has a race coming also to get ready for. But they worked on his car and everything came out great, so I will get the time on the dyno I wanted. So, I wanted to be sure that I had everything done so I would be ready. ( You allways hope everything goes smoothly, but then you hit a bump or two along the way.) Atleast I get to do all the work at the shop, my pop is giving me a lift bay to use for the week, and I have most of my tools there anyway. And what is really nice is that the weather conditions can effect hp and torque, and make it harder to tune, the cooler and lower the humidity, the better. ( I mean to a certian extent. wer'e not talking freezing temps and 0 humidity, but 70 degrees and 40-50% humidity is ideal. And when I go on the dyno, that temp and humidity should be right about the right time!!!!!

found a pic of a boost gauge mount for ya!!! just another idea!!

Interior2.jpg

Yo, that's actaully a really cool location!!!! I don't smoke anyway. so dude, I think you may have something there!!! HHMMM,

Hey smooth! The car is coming along very very nicely. Just cuious where about in FL do you live? I'm also in FL and if close would love to meet up with you to see this thing.

Thanks bud85pk.

I live in Orlando. FT Lauderdale is not too far. A couple hours.

found a pic of a boost gauge mount for ya!!! just another idea!!

Interior2.jpg

Yo, that's actaully a really cool location!!!! I don't smoke anyway. so dude, I think you may have something there!!! HHMMM,

i'll go ahead and make a note of that.... flop helps smooth = 1 time..... smooth helps flop 1,275,568 times..... better watch out i'm catching up!! lol B)

i'll go ahead and make a note of that.... flop helps smooth = 1 time..... smooth helps flop 1,275,568 times..... better watch out i'm catching up!! lol

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Okay, I just took a break. the car is in the bay, the hood is up, fender covers are on, intake is out. I expect to be done Saturday afternoon, and so I won't be posting anything until I am fully BOOSTED!!!!!! I might even get done in time to get a time slip run or two at the track!!! When it's all done I will post everything for every one and the record.

So, with heavy wrench in hand, I'm off............

Okay, I just took a break. the car is in the bay, the hood is up, fender covers are on, intake is out. I expect to be done Saturday afternoon, and so I won't be posting anything until I am fully BOOSTED!!!!!! I might even get done in time to get a time slip run or two at the track!!! When it's all done I will post everything for every one and the record.

Smooth, Can you take pic's from start to finish ?

Smooth, Can you take pic's from start to finish ?

Yeah, no problem. In fact I already started. I was going to wait and post em all at the same time, or I could just post what I have so far as I progress.

Heres a few for now:

Up on the lift getting ready to remove the exhaust

post-42851-1193150594_thumb.jpg

Removed the intake, header and all the other stuff thats in the way.

post-42851-1193150753_thumb.jpg post-42851-1193150787_thumb.jpg post-42851-1193150813_thumb.jpg

Just finished tapping, and running the oil line.

post-42851-1193150615_thumb.jpg post-42851-1193150705_thumb.jpg

I have more pics, but it's really hard to take pics with your hands all oily and nasty. So I'm having a friend take them. When we get further along or done, I will post all of them then so everyone can see what is involved with installing a turbo. B)