Is Lexus Rx350 For Woman?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a man and just purchased an RX350 . My wife really likes the car but prefers her 05 Odyssey for carting the kids around.

My wife's family (2 brothers-in-law and 1 sister-in-law) already purchased RX330s or 350s before I bought mine.

I was considering either this car or a BMW 530i. The RX won out because I fly RC helicopters & planes and the BMW's trunk was not big enough.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

I've had my black RX350 for a year now. Thought I'd made a mistake buying it. My other car is a 96 SC300. But needed the room for grandbabies.

Getting used to it, plus the battery is dead in my SC replaced a alternator fuse and now it won't start. Back to the RX the only thing I don't like is the gears shifting are very noticable while driving.

• 7 months later...
Anyone tell me is that true? How many males bought and drove RX350 at this forum?

I purchased mine 08 350 this year and, although I had reservations for the same reasons as you may be having, I love it. I think with the new liquid graphite 7 spoke rims and the complete tow package, I can feel pretty comfortable with my man hood. My wife already wants a Lexus as well, but she will opt for the ES. It may not be the manliest vehicle but, for a family man such as myself, with its saftey, comfort, and decent amount of power I am extremely happy with my purchase. I drove a number of other luxury vehicles in it's field and this was a definite winner.

Happy holidays,

Anyone tell me is that true? How many males bought and drove RX350 at this forum?

When I bought my '08 RX 350 AWD two to three months ago I was aware of the fact that many owners of this car were women. However, if you're careful with the exterior/interior colors, it's definitely a man's car.

I highly suggest you go with a dark exterior (Flint Mica or Black) with a dark interior (Black Leather with Dark Brown Wood Trim). I have gotten so many compliments from many of my male friends. Once my friends took a ride with me, and listened to that more than capable base premium audio (sounds very powerful once you tweak the settings), they shut the hell up.

• 4 months later...

I am a woman and currently drive a Yukon Denali, which is a man truck, with loads of power at the foot. Driving a 6.0L, at 12 MPG, I'm ready to drive something with better fuel mileage. The only other SUV that gets some power under the pedal with the air suspension feel, in an Int'l market is the X5 and the Lexus RX 400H. Considering the other options available with the Lexus, it appears to be a better buy, with much better reliability than the BMWs. I am married, and I'm an athletic trainer, so I need the cargo space. My husband drives a GMC pickup, but doesn't like to drive when he's not working, so I chaffeur him around. Sadly, his preference of vehicle is the Buick Enclave, but I refuse to drive something that looks like a minivan. Therefore, he will buy me what I want, and in return, I'll drive him around.

We bought our '07 RX 350 for my wife. But she much prefers to drive my Acura TL. So I get "stuck" with the RX. Oh, the pain, the agony ;) Actually, I do appreciate the chair-high seats for my bum hip (crawling down into the TL hurts!). My wife must have known that she would want to drive the TL (these women!) so she made sure we got a black one so it would be a little more "manly". The extra window tint helps shield my gender, at least until I start to drive it like my TL, then other drivers know the truth.

Besides, I still like to impress my friends with the power tailgate. ("You didn't expect me to shut it by hand, did you?") And the niftiest feature of all is the coffee cup holder just left of the steering wheel - I've suffered far fewer coffee burns by not having to lift my coffee out of the center console.

Maybe I'll "make" her drive the RX when the next generation Acura TL comes out.

The RX series always has been and always will be a chick car....

It's one-third of what is known in the business as "The Girlie Trifecta", which consists of the Mazda Miata, the Lexus RX, and the sissiest car on the planet - the VW Cabriolet Convertible....

If you're a guy and you happen to own all three at the same time, rumor has it that you get two lifetime passes to "Cats" on Broadway, a week of cooking lessons in your home from Rachael Ray, and a 20-year free subscription to Oprah magazine....

The RX series always has been and always will be a chick car....

It's one-third of what is known in the business as "The Girlie Trifecta", which consists of the Mazda Miata, the Lexus RX, and the sissiest car on the planet - the VW Cabriolet Convertible....

If you're a guy and you happen to own all three at the same time, rumor has it that you get two lifetime passes to "Cats" on Broadway, a week of cooking lessons in your home from Rachael Ray, and a 20-year free subscription to Oprah magazine....

LOL! I'm a guy, and based on that I'm glad that I only own one third of the 'trifecta'.., because I definitely could not deal with the consequences of owning all three!! :(

Occasionally, I get to lay my hands on my beloved's RX 350. I get to wash it, take it in for service and the like. But at the end of the day, she's laid claim to it. Oh well... Money well spent in my opinion.

I got my wife the RX350 because most of her "Tennis Buds" have one. It's Flint Mica (so that's a manly color) but the interior is light grey (which makes it more girly). I only drive it when she is in the car with me--the License Plate is LT KNTR (Lake Tahoe Knitter), so when I drive and she knits, I make her hold her knitting up high so other drivers can see it's not me! :-}

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...