Dual Exhaust!

lbintab

I like the look, the only thing I would have done is maybe not had them come out the back so far. They look nice.

Jeff

Personally, I like 2 large exhaust tips rather than twin twins. I mean if the rx had 500+ hp then the twins would be fine. In my opinion it is overkill. Looks OK but...???????????????

I think that the twins on the new vette are overkill too ! Although some will disagree with me. So, wtfc's

I've seen an rx300 somewhere, where they cut out the rear reflectors at the bottom of the rear bumper and added "wide" exhaust tips that seemed to "fit" in its place. Looked really nice!!

Yours look great from the back view IMO!! :) They seem a bit too far out from the bumper though :unsure:

How much did it cost you?

post-13420-1157588280_thumb.jpg

post-13420-1157588295_thumb.jpg

Knowing how overweight and underpowered the RX300 is, if I saw this particular one tooling down the road I would laugh so hard that my sides would hurt just thinking about how much money this guy wasted....

Knowing how overweight and underpowered the RX300 is, if I saw this particular one tooling down the road I would laugh so hard that my sides would hurt just thinking about how much money this guy wasted....

C'mon now money isnt the driving force of most people who drive these things anyhow (unlike yourself) so a little spent cash for a little bit slicker looking rig isnt such a bad thing. I'm sure perfromance wasn't the goal here and frankly, around here I spend most of my time laughing at jacked up pick-up trucks and their drivers (talk about wasting money!) I agree with some of the other posters though that the double tips are a little bit much, but hey if you like it its good.

Trying to make your RX different from others is cool, but don't make it something that trully isn't. The RX is made for luxury/comfort. Sportyness and performance are not it's biggest attribute. Twin dual exhaust is overkill, it makes the car look rice'y and cheap. Just my opinion.

Twin dual exhaust is overkill, it makes the car look rice'y and cheap. Just my opinion.

So is it that you think the double tips look bad or the dual exaust in general?

Most of the other vehicles in the RX's class have dual exhausts, X5, Murano, FX,M-class so I've always thought that looked nice (just another opinion) and I'd never seen it on an RX before.

RX300 stock lags behind the cars that you mentioned when it comes to performance/sportyness. There's a reason why RX don't come in dual exhaust, let alone twin dual exhaust.

Yes, as long as the owner is happy, but he asks for honest opinion, now he is getting it.

Peace.

They stick out too far and are too low. They do not flow with anything or lines on the truck. I like the ones which have the reflector removed as it is smooth.

A dual dual setup doesn't look right even if you pulled them in. A single oval would be smoother or duals if you wanted but you are only loosing power with a dual exhaust over a single.

Harsh! but i asked for it and the options are well taken. I do like the idea of cutting the reflectors out and tucking them up there...biggest problem though... there's a box under the tire well for emissions we have to go around. the other car pictured looks like a euro version...or one with a euro plate. Yeah i'm no where looking for performance in this. I dumped money in my supra for that. This was cleary to please my eye and bordom. Now if we do want to talk performance you have to look at the way it's been designed. We removed the resonator and muffler and relaced it with a magnaflo single in dual out muffler. Placed it where the old resonator sits and ran two pipes out to the back. If i get a chance i'll take some shots of the setup. As for the dual tips...they aren't goin anywhere haha.

Actually the dual exhaust gives the RX more balanced look. People do not like it because they are used to looking at RX's single exhaust. If dual exhaust is ricey then ES350's stock dual exhaust is ricey as well.

Dual exhaust does equal to loss of luxury. In addition, it has no scientific reason other than weight and cost saving for Lexus: ES350 has dual exhaust, RX350 has single exhaust, does it mean ES is more sporty than RX? I have to laugh hard to believe that since both have the same 2gr-fe engine.

Just because Lexus gives certain configuration a default look does not = good design or a good look. Please save the "if it looks good Lexus must have thought it first" non sense, just take a look at RX300's ugly rusty non-frictional surface on OEM brake rotors and calipers and tell me why Lexus does not cover them with heat and rust resistant paint.

Yes...ES350 is sportier than RX350. Is it too strange to you that vehicles with same exact engine will differ in performance? Engine is not the only factor. I'd spare you the details, just check the spec yourself. I'm not a dual exhaust hater on SUV's, in fact, I like the dual exhaust on MDX. It was nicely done. Having said that, RX300 is not sporty enough for me to get fitted with dual exhaust let alone a dual twin. Wait a minute, it might look better with dual triple tip exhaust. Can someone photochop that?? Peace!!

It's ok. I also think it sticks too far out, and maybe only a single exhaust on both sides would be better. Only thing I never like about the RX300's exhaust is that pipe "dragging" underneath the car! It seemed to be a Camry design and till now I still can't get used to that!

I like the one Lexkid posted. It seems nicely done, and tucked in like the RX330/350s. ;)

Btw, shouldn't the title be "quadruple exhaust"??? lol. :o :)

Yes...ES350 is sportier than RX350. Is it too strange to you that vehicles with same exact engine will differ in performance? Engine is not the only factor. I'd spare you the details, just check the spec yourself. I'm not a dual exhaust hater on SUV's, in fact, I like the dual exhaust on MDX. It was nicely done. Having said that, RX300 is not sporty enough for me to get fitted with dual exhaust let alone a dual twin. Wait a minute, it might look better with dual triple tip exhaust. Can someone photochop that?? Peace!!

The main function of the exhaust system is to muff noise, reduce emission, and channel hot exhaust gas out the engine, stock intake and exhaust design change very little, if any, on torque and horsepower on the same engine. ES350 differs a mere 2 hp and 3 lb-ft in max power and torque from RX350. The amount of exhaust gas, given same RPM and same A/F ratio is the same for ES and RX, there is no scientific reasoning to warranty a free flow dual exhaust on the ES over single exhaust on the RX. Of course, Lexus can market it that way to those who believe dual exhaust makes a car more sporty.

I think my point was missed from the start. Obviously, you're not gonna gain any appreciable HP's on doubling your exhaust tips alone. Any car enthusiast knows that. Does it look sporty?? Absolutely!! That's why I could not see an RX with dual exhaust let alone 4 exhaust tips. It's just way out of character, I think it's plain funny. By the way, Lexus is not the only brand that markets dual exhaust to potray power and sportyness. ES350 6.8s to 60mph is sporty enough, dual exhaust nicely done...very nice to look at. I love my RX330, it's luxurious and comfortable. I would never customize my car and take it out of it's inherent character. But this is just my opinion. Peace!!

I'm not a dual exhaust hater on SUV's, in fact, I like the dual exhaust on MDX. It was nicely done. Having said that, RX300 is not sporty enough for me to get fitted with dual exhaust let alone a dual twin. Wait a minute, it might look better with dual triple tip exhaust. Can someone photochop that?? Peace!!

Seriously! The MDX! If one of those boxes looks good with Dual Ex, than the RX could definitely sport them and look good!

Tuned

they stick out which is why they look odd. Not because it is dual it looks weird just the overall look of sticking out as well as being too far away from the bumper so it looks as though they are floating in mid air.

BTW Lexus does coat the rotors. The rust you see is the brake dust embedding itself from heat into the coating and the brake dust shows the rust not the rotors.

Tuned

they stick out which is why they look odd. Not because it is dual it looks weird just the overall look of sticking out as well as being too far away from the bumper so it looks as though they are floating in mid air.

BTW Lexus does coat the rotors. The rust you see is the brake dust embedding itself from heat into the coating and the brake dust shows the rust not the rotors.

RX330 is coated, RX300 is not. Even in California, it is not hard to find rust buildup on RX300 bare cast steel OEM rotors, not just from brake dust but more from heated bare rotor metal reacted with oxygen in the air.

See link and picture of both front and rear OEM rotors, non-frictional surface (hub) is as bare as the friction furfaces.

http://www.irontoad.com/Merchant2/merchant..._Code=2002rx300

For comparasion, here is heat and rust resistant coated rotors for RX300 by Rotora.

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/rotora-sl...xus-rx-300.html

post-13204-1158275938_thumb.jpg

post-13204-1158276277_thumb.jpg