Too Old For A Spoiler ?

corky

Be brutally honest..is there a time when old folks like myself (60 yrs.) should not add spoilers, etc. Our '98 es has very nice custom pin stripping, chrome wheels, etc. and now that we are changing over to a 2003 es I believe that style needs lots of extra help but.........

Hey, old timer........I gotcha by 11 years(71)!! I just put a rear spoiler on my '03ES and I've been getting lots of compliments from the young as well as the old. I wanted my new car to look a little different than the original ES's that came from the factory. Come on.....be young at heart and DO IT! :lol:

Oh, go ahead and be a Spoilersport!

Thank you for this post because my whole concept of ES300 being an "old farts" car has been blown away by the posts on LOC board, where people in their teens, genx's, as well as 30's and 40's seem to predominate.

I have been especially impressed by the interest in stereo upgrades, badging, spoilers, and other after market touches. I've been telling friends what a revelation this has been for this 63 year "young !Removed!".

Alan, I would never have guessed your age from your posts, but nothing about new yorkers should surprise me, given that I'm a "brooklyn bum" who happens to enjoy dual status in "torontaa, the good" (SK will recognize this pronunciation).

Alan, I would never have guessed your age from your posts, but nothing about new yorkers should surprise me, given that I'm a "brooklyn bum" who happens to enjoy dual status in "torontaa, the good" (SK will recognize this pronunciation).

:lol: Hey, jweiss, you made my day!! I live in Sheepshead Bay....of course you know where that is. Where did you live in Brooooklin. :D

I lived in Flatbush thru my high school years and I went to the "old gray school".....Erasmus Hall. It's nice to hear that you lived so close to me at one time.:) I was one of the few students that used to drive to school. I had a 1937 Ford that was one of the first cars that I experimented on modifying the engine. Lot's of fun. hehehe! Do you remember Garfields Restaurant? I hope the other members don't get mad at me for reminiscing. :rolleyes:

Alan, tried to send you the following email, but it came back. Guess I'm taking up the invitation to contiue this conversation on the bulletin board.

joel

Hey Alan,

Thought we'd stop cluttering LOC for personal stuff.

Whereabouts are you? We're going to be in NYC next week to visit my mother who is in nursing home in Woodbury. We'll be visiting friends in Midwood area(Foster and Newkirk). If we came from LI via Belt Pkwy maybe our cars could meet for a few minutes.

Let me know.

Joel

Hey Joel,

What day & time were you planning on being around Midwood? The funny thing is my son has a private garage on Rugby Road between Foster & Avenue H and I might be there Saturday or Sunday for awhile.

:)

• 8 months later...

Much respect for you more "experienced" guys. Keep us wippersnappers in line. if a spoiler is what you so desire then dang it get a spoiler. You deserve it. maybe even some Hydraulics. HAHAHAHAHA just kidding LOL