The Little Light Around The Key Hole

do you mean the outside key hole?if so mine doesnt light up either.if your talking about the keyhole on the ignition then yes that does light up.the ignition key hole and interier lights up when i pull my door handle.a freind of mine down the street has a 93 and his dosent light up around the door keyhole either if thats what your talking about.

I have a 92 and both the ring around the door keyholes and the ignition keyhole light up green, it looks like its a glow in the dark thing. they seem to be always lit at night. im not sure about my door handle turning the interior lights on though, since i just unlock the doors with the button and hop in the car quickly usually, i dont pause to notice the lights.

but the ring around the keyholes do glow in the dark

92 and all those lights come on....never really figured out how though...i know the one inside for the door and the ignition are on when the door opens..never really notice when the outside one comes on (the previous owner got wax all over it)

i am not sure if my door lock has it or not

but i doubt it

and yes i am not talking about the ignition,which still lights up

the cylinder around the lock has junk in it i cleaned it and it doesn't look like metal but i think they deleted the lighting option

i wonder if that little button besides the mirrors affects it also

which i also do not have on my 94

just a thought but

who was the jackass who made the light in th trunk

i swear it has to be the worst placed and dim POS i have ever seen

atleast GM's usually have one on the trunk lid to face down

never mind the lift over to get anything into the trunk because of the light design

oh yah

anyone ever notice there are no lights under the hood to illuminate them

atleast i don't remeber seeing one on any lexus yet

but then again

we don't break down enough to need to look there

man you have the exact same complaints as me!!i hated the stupid trunk light that doesnt do nothing so heres what i did.i went to pepboys and bought a socket some wire and a new higher watt bulb and placed it in the center of the trunk under the back deck and now it lights up like a christmas tree.it looks awsome now.just tap in to the wires for the crap light.

there is supposed to be a light around the keyhole of the door ?

wtf :blink:

mmy 96 has nothing of which u speak of.....

the coolest thing about the no lights at the hood ... is that if your working on your car and you have the hood open... no worries... dont have to be concerned about the battery....

and think the back is so dim because it a low power bulb... and usually if your packing or forgot your trunk open .. then it stays open long periods of time... and there is less power drainage that way .... or its at least how i think of it ....

i just leave stuff in the trunk..i never take it out..sometimes add to the pile..and the only time i look under the hood is when im checking oil levels and all that jazz..... no reason for me to climb on in and look in dark places since i'd probably just break something.

My 92 did have a door-keyhole that lit up in addition to the ignition keyhole itself - both lit up fluorescent green, however my 98 only lights up at the ignition!

Piggy, don't overload your trunk too much - not good for fuel efficiency and probably bad on other counts as well but I know some people do need a lot of stuff on a day to day basis in their car, just try to minimize if you can...the less weight your engine has to haul, the better ~

All I have in my trunk are jumper cables, first aid kit + a blanket (plus the usual Lexus toolkit and spare tire) :)

Speaking of lights (or the absence of same), the trunk and fuel door buttons on my 2001 aren't lit. This is kind of a pain and I was surprised a car like this would not have these illuminated.

they are not lit on the 02, either. Come to think of it, none f my cars ever had illuminated fuel door or trunk buttons.

Think of the positive.....two less bulbs to burn out and *BLEEP* you off later.

steviej

wow... my car has all of these. light up key hole on outside. pull to turn on int lights, light around ignition key, pos trunk light (grr), no light under hood (pain when workin at night with my bulbs).

that trunk light really needs fixing. it's a horrible light. i should go buy one of those underbody neon kits... and just stick all 4 tubes in the trunk... lol. but then that might blind someone from too much neon. lol. :D