Firestone Sucks... Damaged My Wheels

akewlguy

Anyone have any guidance on my polished silver wheels. For the most part idiots damaged them when they removed the BLIZZAK's and went to summer tires.

The kicker is I purchased a lifetime alignment for 120 bucks. Not a bad deal and the idiots forgot to do it. Also they did not rotate my LS-V Tauranza as I requested. So now I have 10k wear on one tire with all different amounts on others. IDIOTS

The damage consists of about 12 dings in the enterance of the lug nut holes. Some are up to .5 inches long. This really sucks, but I am not sure what to request for compensation since tires can no longer be purchased. They cost $1200+ and in they are damaged. Manager stated they can be cleaned... NO.. We did not do it.. Then changed his tune when he realized I spent about 3k in 2 years there. Nice to know your customer service is based on how much money you spend... Although we all knew that.

There is about 4 holes that have a minor dent. Maybe from impact of the socket as they were entering hole? I watched them install and it was all power with no delay. Like a race car. I was horrified and pisted off.

yeah i was mortified on how my tires were put on too..........go home and do it your self the proper way by snugging in the proper pattern and then tightening in the same manner, i went and got the torque wrench out. my 94 rims are messed up pretty badly from the previous owner curb riding a whole lot so oh well....i beleive some sort of reimbursement is entitled to you and then i would go to another shop, nc211 knows what to shop for in a tire shop as well as blake so ask them some questions.....or maybe they'll chime in here and give a response, how about it guys? sound off

Kewl....go here: www.gsp9700.com

you'll see up on the top right "locate a 9700". Type in your zip code and whaaa-laaa! This is the best system for mounting and balancing tires...period. You have one of these machines do it, and it'll be dead-on center.

Firestone: Tell the manager you want to speak to the area manager about the problem. Take the store manager completely out of the equation, and make it known to him that you have no intention of dealing with him anymore, you're going over his head and will get the problem rectified. !Removed! around with the store managers is a waste of time in these situation. Most of them don't care anyway, they're just there for the paycheck and get yelled at enough in a week to just not care. I had the same problem on my old maxima....store manager screwed with me for about a week. I told him that all communication will be through Firestone corporate and district manager from now on. $300 was refunded to me for the labor and damages.

This is why we don't have work done on our cars at places like Firestone. Find a good independent shop that can take care of your car for you that will understand how anal you are and try to make you happy.

This is why we don't have work done on our cars at places like Firestone. Find a good independent shop that can take care of your car for you that will understand how anal you are and try to make you happy.

"Fire" - who?......................

anal-retentive

adj.

Indicating personality traits, such as meticulousness, avarice, and obstinacy, originating in habits, attitudes, or values associated with infantile pleasure in retention of !Removed!.

anal-retentive

adj.

Indicating personality traits, such as meticulousness, avarice, and obstinacy, originating in habits, attitudes, or values associated with "picky-innishness"............

heh, heh, heh.............

Blake, don't take it personal.............I think we're all laughing at ourselves a bit here.............I know I am, in fact it's starting to hurt.

Hardy har lol

Akewl- I would make them pay to have the wheels professionally refinished. Get a quote and ask the district manager (nc is 100% correct) for a check. If he won't give you one, ask if he would pay the shop directly once its done. If he won't, then have a lawyer write a letter informing them of your intention to seek not only the cost of refinishing your wheels but attorney and court costs as well (this is where a buddy who'se a lawyer or pre-paid legal come in handy. You're a businessman I'm sure you can find a lawyer that will write you a letter cheap or for free). They'll probably cave. If they won't, sue them.

Blake, don't take it personal.............I think we're all laughing at ourselves a bit here.............I know I am, in fact it's starting to hurt.

Yikes, did the pot just call the kettle black?? LOL At any rate, someone started a collection for me when I was younger to surgically remove the pole that's stuck in my !Removed!. Do let me know if you want to donate (it is tax deductible! ;) )! A few more years, I'll be there....damn HMO let me high and dry!

:cheers:

akewlguy, sorry about your wheels as I seem to remember how proud you are of them..Take Nc's and sappers advice and let us know.

Look who showed up!!! :cheers::cheers:

blake:

someone started a collection for me when I was younger to surgically remove the pole that's stuck in my !Removed!. Do let me know if you want to donate (it is tax deductible! ;) )! A few more years, I'll be there....

You're a tall guy, must be a long pole...........How much is the collection up to?....... B)

Yeah thanks. The manager was an idiot. So yes I am going to go there and then contact the area rep. Actually I am going to go to the other Firestone and contact the area rep.

For sure I was one kewl cat. Just drove 200 miles and the guy is like just clean them and it will come off. Then he stated "they did not do it." Then he went on to say, "I have to bring him the proper tool."

Bottom line is he is screwed.. Wants to play a game like I have to bring a tool...

He broke the contract for the BLIZZAKS... I want him to take them back. Then I want $500 for my wheels and refund for the allignment.

So whats that about $1150 and he can have the sh--ty BLIZZAKS (good tire by the way)... Ohh yeah since the idiots put my front left on the front left and its 15k without a rotation the thread is crappy so I am going to make them liable for that. So a total of $1350.... CHAAAAA CHING!!

As for the wheels they are okay overall. There is damage, but if you were 15' away it would be hard to see. A few .5" dents are the biggest deal. Also I am not happy that there is other nicks where the lugs go. Anyone ever touch up the silver polished.

DON'T EVER GO TO FIRESTONE!!

damn... the stories I have heard from a friend who worked there for a while. They automatically assume that you are a moron from the simple fact that you have entered their shop. (literally). They scam so many people, they do terrible work.... they drained the oil on someone's 2004 Chevy Silverado, and never refilled it. He got on the highway right after leaving the shop and then engine was gone within a few minutes. My friend who worked there would have managers screaming at him whenever he didn't sell someone a part they didn't need. I could probably go on for hours.

DON'T EVER GO TO FIRESTONE!!

damn... the stories I have heard from a friend who worked there for a while. They automatically assume that you are a moron from the simple fact that you have entered their shop. (literally). They scam so many people, they do terrible work.... they drained the oil on someone's 2004 Chevy Silverado, and never refilled it. He got on the highway right after leaving the shop and then engine was gone within a few minutes. My friend who worked there would have managers screaming at him whenever he didn't sell someone a part they didn't need. I could probably go on for hours.

Those are the kind of reasons that we swore them off over two decades ago.............plus the fact that one of their lousy tires blew & almost killed my wife. We got the "Well what did you do wrong" attitude from them. We were just "dumb kids" at the time, but we knew better than that...........Haven't been back since.

Coversely, just had new skins put on the sled at Discount Tire here in Pac N.W. Good experience, I'd recommend them.

Coversely, just had new skins put on the sled at Discount Tire here in Pac N.W. Good experience, I'd recommend them.

I had good experience with Discount tires as well and dislike firestone garbage service also.

Okay I have to say the Firestone mgr in McLean VA was kewl.

Then I contacted the Area Rep in CT and he was awesome! No questions asked just get the wheels fixed and he will write the check. Also he is going to get ahold of the mgrs boss and say what the hell. So overall I feel much better then I did a bit ago. Sometimes I find that if a big company like Bridgestone screws up you will get the repairs... Not the same can be said for a sucky mechanic at a small shop.

Not to say that everything is great, but I am happy. Great week!

I think we can all think of a few people who have had their cars ruined by Firestone, Speedy, etc. Jason got a LS400 for pretty cheap when firestone didn't put the drain plug back in to the car when the PO had the oil changed there. I couldn't imagine trying to keep up with DFW traffic without any oil! LOL As much as I despise changing the oil in the LS400 (with the covers and mindless filter location), I'll always do it.

Recently, I was in a bit of a "kosher-dill" and needed tires immediately. WalMart was my only choice at the time. As it turns out, they did an excellent job, much to my suprise. $9 a tire for lifetime wheel balance/rotation/road hazzard....that's too cheap! LOL

I'm glad they are taking care of the mess they created, Chris!

Okay I have to say the Firestone mgr in McLean VA was kewl.

Then I contacted the Area Rep in CT and he was awesome! No questions asked just get the wheels fixed and he will write the check. Also he is going to get ahold of the mgrs boss and say what the hell. So overall I feel much better then I did a bit ago. Sometimes I find that if a big company like Bridgestone screws up you will get the repairs... Not the same can be said for a sucky mechanic at a small shop.

Not to say that everything is great, but I am happy. Great week!

There ya go, hope it all works out as easily for you as it looks like its going to.

As for getting your repairs from a big company and not a small shop, I disagree. See, companies are insured for this sort of thing. They will just submit the cost of your repairs as an insurance claim and be done with it. Now, not all companies have such a customer-oriented policy for these things. If you take the time to find a good shop that truly values your business (Firestone does not, I promise you), not only will they be much less likely to make these kinds of mistakes, they'll fix them on the spot to keep your business.

Small shops need to rely on word of mouth and their service to bring in the customers so they can survive. Firestone relies on a ENORMOUS marketing program and once you start to be trouble you're too much work for them and they don't care.

I run a small shop, and I am its only mechanic and I own the company. Generalizations about such small shops as being "sucky" simply pi$$ me off "Akewlguy".

Firestone advertises on the basis of price alone, not quality of work. They also work on what the industry calls "revolving door syndrome" which means they don't care about return customers. You go in once, they hit hard, and you leave. Next victim please. I mean if the shop is full of high school dropouts with various fingers inserted into various orifices, why would you take your car there? And then expect rocket scientists to work on it? You got what you deserve.

I do a lot of specialty work in addition to routine repairs and servicing, and I can choose my customers as much as they choose me. If they don't pass the "flake" test, I send them to the competition.

You fail.

I run a small shop, and I am its only mechanic and I own the company. Generalizations about such small shops as being "sucky" simply pi$$ me off "Akewlguy".

Firestone advertises on the basis of price alone, not quality of work. They also work on what the industry calls "revolving door syndrome" which means they don't care about return customers. You go in once, they hit hard, and you leave. Next victim please. I mean if the shop is full of high school dropouts with various fingers inserted into various orifices, why would you take your car there? And then expect rocket scientists to work on it? You got what you deserve.

I do a lot of specialty work in addition to routine repairs and servicing, and I can choose my customers as much as they choose me. If they don't pass the "flake" test, I send them to the competition.

You fail.

SRK:

FWIW, I will not go to one of the "mega" service companies (like Firestone) for any reason. I'll either do the work myself, or go to a trusted small shop for the work that I can't handle. I've always felt like a customer (& in some cases, an ally) with small shops.

Throughout my brief tenure here, you've always stood out as a very sharp person & high integrity. You are cetainly more of a Gentleman than I. If you were a bit closer, I'd probably be bringing you some business. Getting tired of Island Life yet?........."Pining" for the mainland yet? (don't bother answering, if I could live there, I would in a heartbeat).