Check This 96 Out And Tell Me Whats Wrong

bbsal

well i was searching thru ebay as i normally do and came across this es 300 and looked at the pictures and somethings not right.lets see if yous can spot whats wrong with the pictures.remember it says this car is a 96!the front is but take a look at the back!

one more thing look at the speedo!theres no one in the car but its doing like 15 mph!lol.just goes to show you to watch what your buying over the computer because you never know what to expect!

Piggy, 92-94 had "ES300" on the lower part of the right tail light and 95&96 had it on the rightside of the trunk. I'm guessing that the car was in a rear collision or had work done on it, and the iddiots at the body shop put the worng tail lights in. I'm guessing this becuse it has a 95 or 96(or just 96?) engine cover, has the marked(lined) head lights, and square fog lights."Branded title history?"

I'm guessing the tails were replaced, too. However, the car seems to be lacking many of the Coach Edition features, e.g. the dish wheels, black pearl badges, the wood plates around the window controls, can't tell if it has the perfed leather (heck, my car isn't a C.E. but do I have the C.E. perfed seats that I picked up at a salvage yard --$152 for the whole set!)

also, the leather seats look like mine....not perforated...

and where is that coach edition label supposed to be located? i see it in that one photo, but i looked at every other one and couldn't see it at all.....not even a blurred image of it....

and what are dish wheels?

Wow! This car's really messed up! I think the rear end's been hit and replaced with that of a 92-94. Plus, look at the muffler and tell me if it looks new or aftermarket to anyone else. Also the interior definitely doesn't look like Coach; but I love that black/tan! I want to do that to mine so bad! It looks badass!

i want to say my muffler looks like that... ?

i want to see the vehicle report for that darn car..not that i want to pay for it ;)....if it was free however...

also, the guy keeps restating things int he description, i dunno..there's just something about that entire thing that i don't like.

branded means the car has been offically "branded" by an insurance company with the dmv

for being a total loss repair,being sold at an auction usually for parts at a wrecker

deep dish rims are rims that have a large lip area that look inset for the face from the edge of the rims

94-95 and 96 had the same engine bay as tey have the same engine

if you replaced the rear lights with 95-96 lights it would then lose the es 300 badge

and also the rear light bulb blown dash light would stay lit as it now would be using less power from the 2 missing upper tail lights

YUK....

front lights are 95-96 .... rear... 92-94 ...

no coach rims.... no coach leather... no wood trimming... yet coach badge... what's this dude thinkin....

nasty ol two tone nonetheless

They're all two tone ;)

I did run a Carfax on it, and it says its clean. The interior is interesting, the tan on black. never seen anything like it on an ES before...

I believe even the coach ones were two toned. Meaning the tan lower side on yours must have been painted by somebody else. No Lexus came from the factory one tone until 1998 on the GS. First one tone ES was the 02-03. Not surprising that a previous owner of yours repainted it, its a pretty common mod.

umm has anyone ever seen a black interior with ivory( they look nothign like my friends tan ones, those are more white) looking seats?

i also thought there was a different stiching style for the leather on the coach , meaning that the pieces of leather were shaped different

and what about 2 tone door panels coloured like that?

i love them but have never seen them

also the badge cannot be seen on any pic from the outside only a close up one?

notice the interior carpet peeling back from around the bottom of the radio also

and i thought only camry's has the small little cover on them while the lexus one was full length of the engine

just my odditieds of the car