Check This 96 Out And Tell Me Whats Wrong

bbsal

sk- Yep thats what I was talking about, the two toned tan/black interior. Not the black exterior tan interior match ;)

All the evidence I can find shows that the coach was two tones like all the rest of them. Had to be a custom job.

Ok, I have never seen anything that had a black and tan interior here in Japan.. Mine is all black.. As far as I know, I didnt think that they actually two toned the interior until they redesigned the dash when they released the 97.. (96 in Japan is actually the 97 in US) Mine is an early 96, so thats why it looks like the older model. (New models are always released here mid year.. We get them a year earlier almost I guess...

As for replacing your rear lights with newer 95-96 lights, I cant see why not? And as for losing your ES 300 badge. Just try taking it off the rear of your old tailight, and then buy the sticky stuff and replace it on your trunk?? Just a thought?

I also saw the guys leg in the picture!!!

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

i dont really care about the "badge" or whatever its called.....

and i couldn't understand the COACH EDITION tag SK.....it's not in any other photo.....

and i decided the leg is like those magical images...some can get it, some can't..and thats me....

oh yeh, car is in the shop today :) something about a cold start sensor... so im hoping Eze will be running again soon...

and my final decision on the ebay motors guy, CRACKHEAD. :blink:

do you guys think he did all this stuff and knows it....or just got jipted (spelling)

i knew this would be a good.i contacted this bone head and he emailed me back and told me he bought the car like that 4 years ago.he trying to tell me the car was never in a accident before and i know thats a big lie.i kind of like the black and tan inside though.i never seen that before.i bet that was a custom job.

This wiseass has 1 bid on this car......probably from a friend who has zero feedback in his eBay profile. From the past type of auctions that he had it looks like he scours junk yards to get things to sell.

Supposedly, he's owned this car for 4 1/2 years. Yeah right!

He mentioned that the car had a "Branded Title".

Here is description of what a Branded title is:

A salvage vehicle is a vehicle damaged by collision, flood, or other occurrence to the extent that the cost of repairing the vehicle for safe operation exceeds its fair market value; or a vehicle that has been declared a salvage vehicle by an insurer or other state or jurisdiction, but is not precluded from further registration and titling (41-1a-1001). A rebuilt/restored vehicle is a salvage vehicle that has been repaired and restored to operation.

While searching through ebay, I found another one. This one is a '94 with a '95-'96 rear end The guy said that while they were repairing it after one of its accidents the ABS light came on; then states "it's no big deal to fix"...yeah no big deal if you don't mind spending $500 at the dealer and doesn't the ABS light mean the brakes aren't going to perform the anti-locking function-major safety issue? I wonder if it was ever in a rear end collision(unless that was one hell of a side swipe...I don't know about body work, but why would they have to replace the whole rear end for a side swipe?). And I love how he concludes-to this effect: don't let the fact that this car has been in who knows how many accidents, and then it wasn't even repaired properly mechanically or bodily, but she drives o.k.! Go figure all 3 of the bids are from a user w/o feedback :lol: . Take a look http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2426250310

:unsure: so my friend just bought a 2000 corolla off ebay, and now i am SUPER worried.....what if we got screwed over too??? :angry:

least we can go look at it

remind me, when i am looking at a newer lexus, to take pics and upload them on here and have you guys tear it apart for me :)

did i mention i love this forum? :D

yall help me feel like im not a complete idiot when it comes to cars and that i have a say in what gets done to it and what to fix :)

in going to a shop to get something fixed, i don't have to be like "oh, thanks for fixing whatever that is called...and whatever it does" i know before i go in what might be the problem (i'm not gulible?)

glad we can all help!thats why this forum is here!i seen that car on ebay and just had to put it on here for everyone to see just how screwed up it was.also goes to show you watch what you buy!