Wife Hit A Deer

Riad

Yes, that could have been much worse, and in a smaller car I think it would have been.

Anyone see the front grill bars for the RX-330? I know they have them for the rear lights as well.

I'm not crazy about the way they look, but it may be functional.

Rob

My wife also hit a deer last year head on in the GS. There was a good amount of damage to the hood and bumper. The thing just ran right in front of her!

They are stupid animals! LOL

Yes, that could have been much worse, and in a smaller car I think it would have been.

Anyone see the front grill bars for the RX-330? I know they have them for the rear lights as well.

I'm not crazy about the way they look, but it may be functional.

Rob

There are a few different designs for grill guards for the rx330. I had the black one for the rx330, but couldn't stand how it looked. I have a stainless steel one for the rx300 now which looks MUCH nicer.

That could have been a lot worse, glad everybody's okay.

I'm terrified of deer leaping out at me on the road at night, around here they just come out of nowhere and its not even rural. Its not at all uncommon to come down a dark onramp at night and see three or four of them just standing there. You also can never guess how they're going to react, because they will just run straight into your car too.

When my car was in having the rear bumper repainted the guy showed me a 99 LS400 that had hit a deer. No body damage save a small scrape on the hood and a couple of dings in the very top of the roof between the moonroof and the windshield. The deer hit the windsheild square in the center at 65 MPH and wound up in the guy's wife's lap. They were both fine. The deer tried to jump across the hood of the car and just caught the windshield perfect. Damndest thing I've ever seen.

Talk about putting a damper on your day...lucky she's alive.

omg i would get so freaked out if that thing landed on my lap...just freaked out.

As soon as that car was fixed it'd be traded in if it were mine lol. No wa I could keep on driving a car that reminded me about having a dead deer land in my lap.

Becareful!

Luckily she was not hurt, and our daughter was not in the car.

Lexus Crunch:cries:

The car can be fixed, so it's not the end of the world. But for those of you that live in rural areas, just becareful.

Rob

Sorry to hear that, but glad your family is ok..

So Lexus lied to us when they showed all those RX commercials with the headlights turning 15 degrees so the driver can see the deer in the road while turning a corner...I guess we cant teach the car to drive backwards if the deer is running at the car.

Becareful!

Luckily she was not hurt, and our daughter was not in the car.

Lexus Crunch:cries:

The car can be fixed, so it's not the end of the world. But for those of you that live in rural areas, just becareful.

Rob

Sorry to hear that, but glad your family is ok..

So Lexus lied to us when they showed all those RX commercials with the headlights turning 15 degrees so the driver can see the deer in the road while turning a corner...I guess we cant teach the car to drive backwards if the deer is running at the car.

Or make the car completely out of rubber. :whistles: