This Is What Happens To A Stolen Car...

LexKid630

I have seen more complete jobs than that. certian areas where i grew up, they took EVERYTHING, the hood, trunklid, the woodgrain trim, the gauges, maybe the dash if they have that much time, DEFINTATELY the wheels, locks or not, they would be gone, the ceter console, engine and transmission, steering wheel, the entire audio system (which it appears they left intact), even the muffler.

this is all providing they had time.

Edited by ArmyofOne

Anyone know why they cut a giant chunk of the metal out of the side?

looks like they were trying to figure out how to get into the trunk. i dont believe the ES will open the trunk without the car running or the button from the remote,,,dont hold me to that.

Anyone know why they cut a giant chunk of the metal out of the side?

looks like they were trying to figure out how to get into the trunk. i dont believe the ES will open the trunk without the car running or the button from the remote,,,dont hold me to that.

That's what i was thinking too. ;) I thought these guys were smarter though! Cutting the sheet metal...yikes!

I'm glad i have lojack on the RX! At least i have SOME chance against this!

they could have opened the trunk with the emergency release handle. It's a long reach from the back seat pass through but do-able.

If the car had the ML sound system, the amplifier for that system is in the section where the cut out is. However, doesn't look like this car had the ML.

maybe it was a special request section of body panel for a "customer".

steviej

they could have opened the trunk with the emergency release handle. It's a long reach from the back seat pass through but do-able.

If the car had the ML sound system, the amplifier for that system is in the section where the cut out is. However, doesn't look like this car had the ML.

maybe it was a special request section of body panel for a "customer".

steviej

CD changer location perhaps?

It appears that it still runs and drives, i will give them $500!

Edited by ArmyofOne

CD changer location perhaps?

there is no remote CD changer with this ES model. It has a 6 CD in-dash changer.

I bet you the LoJack module was here. They cut it out and sent if FedEx in the opposite direction to throw the cops off the trail. :whistles:

steviej

Very odd they left the taillights and the airbags...

this was a quick job, those items appeared to difficult to get at. and steviej is right, thast where the lojack module was i just thought of that too. it appears to be a team of 5 or so. everyone took a section.

dont ask me how i know these things ;) airbags are very difficult to remove without making them deploy, if you are in a situation where a few tools are all you have. this was a car strippers definition of smash and grab, they didnt even take the wheels.

Maybe the car was used for running drugs...packed in the right areas, then stripped down once the car arrived at it's destination, because I too think it's strange they did not take the steering wheel, wheels, radio etcl... Just the items that look like they could "store" stuff. Eitherway...I'm sure the original owner is not too happy about his new Lexus being all cut up like that.

Maybe the car was used for running drugs...packed in the right areas, then stripped down once the car arrived at it's destination, because I too think it's strange they did not take the steering wheel, wheels, radio etcl... Just the items that look like they could "store" stuff. Eitherway...I'm sure the original owner is not too happy about his new Lexus being all cut up like that.

Well, We know who's car this is http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=26385 Just contact soufsida09 here in this thread. I thought I saw this car somewhere before.

Definitely an amateur job. Pros would have taken the things that bring real money like airbags, all lights, stereo, steering wheel, other electronics.

SoufSidah09, Must have possesion of this vehicle, Why would he ask how to install Headlights ? Maybe he is just a cover of sorts, Who knows??? But if this car was truly stolen/stripped and there is a member here that has possesion [ maybe it is his car ] It is worth looking into. The authorities would love to have any/all info in this case.

Pros or not - just a damn shame! Rat bastids!!! :(

Lexkid, What is your source of these pix?

There was a listing on ebay last night (not there anymore).

It said that it was stolen and the found later on.

Anyone contact SoufSidah09 ? Seems to me he has the car, Is he the owner ? Did he buy the salvage ? Not that I really care but It seems fishy. <_<

I still don't know what's going on :lol:

Think about it LexKid, This guy posted about installing headlights in a ES that you posted as stolen??? 1+1= 2 How plain can it be? If I am missing something here Please bring it to my attention. :whistles:

I still don't know what's going on :lol:

Think about it LexKid, This guy posted about installing headlights in a ES that you posted as stolen??? 1+1= 2 How plain can it be? If I am missing something here Please bring it to my attention.:whistles:

I just don't know why you think "this" ES is his.

I don't know

The picture he posted was the same picture.

I guess that is what led me to believe, Soufside Has the car, Why would he ask about installing headlights in that stripped ES? Really just curious myself.