10 Best Engines For 2006

Lexusfreak

The nos application is merely an illustration of the durability of the Lex V8 motor, I know you guys are not going to run nos on your cars, and also cannot speak intellegently about this subject as shown above. Ignorance is not bliss!!!. I read up on the lincoln motor in which you folks are all talking about and yes it is a good and solid motor but not an equal, and there are several reasons why. Which I care not to go into detail about, because I will be typing all day. Heat factors, block thickness, blueprinting, cams etc... Try again please!!!!! Is there a Lexus mechanic in the house?? No insults intended, just getting a little frusterated. Until anyone of you have stripped down and rebuilt the engines and know exactly the content of the internal parts you people are just speculating and that is it. That is all for me!!!!

I know the V8 i ripped apart from a ford lightning had forged rods! the ones in the mustang GT's are Steel, SOLID steel not steel alloy or coated and then powder ont he inside.

and you cant tell me the Corvett ZO6 and the Viper's blocks arent blueprinted, my uncle workss at the plant where the Z06 is made...i can tell you it is.

And you know, at least you would if you had any kind of knowledge about the world of business and finance, that Ford and GM's current fiscal status has more to do with pensions than it does with the quality of vehicles that they sell. Toyota runs a MUCH lower overhead than Ford or GM because they haven't been raped by the unions for the last 70 years.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jibby Toyota no longer MAKES well built v8's... The last of the well build v8's died with the end of the 4.0L 1uz-fe in '95. The current 2uz & 3uz's AND I AM SURE the upcoming 4.6L v8 as well ARE CHEAPENED DESIGNS. EXACTLY like every other engine family Toyota is building right now.

THE ONLY strong part about the current production v8's is the 2uz-fe's old fashioned iron block, G'ing huge mains, and it's stock piston oil squirters. (Which is just neat) The problem is that almost every high-po import engine in production right now has oil squirters... So it doesn't exactly stand out. Didn't Lextreme have a thread about buying the squirters for like $8-12 a pop?

Toyota started engines back in the day by building them ungodly strong... Late M engines, JZ's, VZ v6's, earlier production v8's of the UZ sieres.

Toyota designed those in the beginning in one of two ways.

1) Let's go racing baby!

2) We have no *BLEEP*ing idea how badly we've overbuilt these engines compared to what we're doing with them

Ughhhhhhhhh. Ya 1uz-fe rods are pretty strong for stock. Just like all those engines I just listed have way strong rods for what they are. Don't forget that GM's new v8 uses Titanium rods from the factory. I've never found an aftermarket/custom supplier of them for under $650 A ROD.

If I wanted to run a 200 shot of N2O, the only stock Toyota engine's I can think of off the top of my head that can take that are 7M-GTE, 2JZ-GE/GTE/FSE, 3VZ-FE, 5VZ-FE, 3S-GTE, 1UZ-FE, 2UZ-FE, 1GZ-FE.

How many has each domestic maker made over the decades? Much, much more.

Does Toyota even make, or use those engines any? FUUUUUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! ROTFLMAO!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Most of those have been out of major production for 5-10 years now. Nothing let's but part bins for several of them.

The only way overbuilt engines Toyota has in production currently are those insanely strong 3RZ-FE's, The 2TZ-FZE's WE DON'T GET, and I'm sure that all 3 GR v6's are overbuilt... For now... We'll find out as warranties run out & people run them.

Ya... Two truck engines, an engine nobody on this forum has much access too, and 2 engines that most likely cost $12,000 to buy right now.

In conclusion, a good thread has been degraded into a stupid mud slinging contest.

Edited by Toysrme

Many motorhomes can run a lot longer than that monarch, that proves nothing.....even with a 4 cyl engine. :rolleyes: That tells me it will be grossly underpowered. A vehicle with 100,000 miles is chump change in todays day & age.

Toyota has been building 400,000 mile capable 4 cylinder engines since before you, ArmyofOne, Toysrme & SWO3ES were born: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/74h.jpg

Here's how Tom & Ray, the radio talk show mechanics, size up the Foreign vs. Domestic debate:

CLICK & CLACK : Foreign vs. Domestic, Washington Post Sunday, May 8, 2005:

RAY: In terms of reliability only, Consumer Reports called 15 cars "Most Reliable," based on detailed reports from thousands of owners. Every single one of the "Most Reliable" cars is Japanese.

TOM: Of the 14 dubbed "Least Reliable," nine are European, two are Japanese, one is Korean and one is American (the Lincoln Navigator).

RAY: Now, you may argue that Consumer Reports is a traitor, too. But we think their evaluations -- especially those regarding reliability and safety -- are pretty darned good. And they say that, in general, American cars -- while much better than they used to be -- are average to slightly below-average in reliability when

compared with today's competition.

Many motorhomes can run a lot longer than that monarch, that proves nothing.....even with a 4 cyl engine. :rolleyes: That tells me it will be grossly underpowered. A vehicle with 100,000 miles is chump change in todays day & age.

Toyota has been building 400,000 mile capable 4 cylinder engines since before you, ArmyofOne, Toysrme & SWO3ES were born: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/74h.jpg

Here's how Tom & Ray, the radio talk show mechanics, size up the Foreign vs. Domestic debate:

CLICK & CLACK : Foreign vs. Domestic, Washington Post Sunday, May 8, 2005:

RAY: In terms of reliability only, Consumer Reports called 15 cars "Most Reliable," based on detailed reports from thousands of owners. Every single one of the "Most Reliable" cars is Japanese.

TOM: Of the 14 dubbed "Least Reliable," nine are European, two are Japanese, one is Korean and one is American (the Lincoln Navigator).

RAY: Now, you may argue that Consumer Reports is a traitor, too. But we think their evaluations -- especially those regarding reliability and safety -- are pretty darned good. And they say that, in general, American cars -- while much better than they used to be -- are average to slightly below-average in reliability when

compared with today's competition.

OK, Guys, I have been following this and it seems to me that everyone is right and wrong, So big deal, I would bet my other hip on a Japanese motor over any american made boat anchor simply because I have had the pleasure and displeasure of owning both, After all that is why I am driving a straight 6 now, Clearly the finest balanced motor ever[ I don't really give a sh$t what you think ] Anyway, If you don't care for your lexus motor sell the thing and get off this thread, If you beleive that there are better american motors made then go to your respective forums and praise all you want [ who really cares? ] The japanese motors that were originally intoduced to the american market will never be beat for the life of them... NOS or not it really doesn't matter. The early japanese 8cyl. will probably never be superceded because of cost alone. So all you folks that say that the LEXUS V8 is sub american V8 sell your LEXUS today and come back and post your findings next year at this time. I will be here will you???

Now that is what I am talking about!!!!!!

I like you monach!!! Well said!!!!!!

Toysrme- Finally a man that speaks with substance and knowlege about time!!!!!

Where were you guys when I needed you early on in this thread. Again, 1st generation Lexus v8 motors are as solid as they come. Upgrade the rods and pistons and you have a tank!!!!!!!! That is all!!!!!

Now that is what I am talking about!!!!!!

I like you monach!!! Well said!!!!!!

Where were you guys when I needed you early on in this thread. Again, 1st generation Lexus v8 motors are as solid as they come. Upgrade the rods and pistons and you have a tank!!!!!!!! That is all!!!!!

There are no better motors on this god given earth than the early 89-92 LS motors. Go out and find a american made motor that was made in those years and dyno them, after you have wasted your time and $ on that project go out and turn over your early model LS and dyno that. That is truly an investment. At least twice the motor in the long run. And don't even bother trying to tell me to do it myself, You aren't even old enough to last the test before you decide to buy something else. Really, Think about it. The japanese V8 will out last your wants, Not only your needs. This is just too much fun :D

Jibby, Lets go have one. :cheers:

OK, Guys, I have been following this and it seems to me that everyone is right and wrong, So big deal, I would bet my other hip on a Japanese motor over any american made boat anchor simply because I have had the pleasure and displeasure of owning both, After all that is why I am driving a straight 6 now, Clearly the finest balanced motor ever[ I don't really give a sh$t what you think ] Anyway, If you don't care for your lexus motor sell the thing and get off this thread, If you beleive that there are better american motors made then go to your respective forums and praise all you want [ who really cares? ] The japanese motors that were originally intoduced to the american market will never be beat for the life of them... NOS or not it really doesn't matter. The early japanese 8cyl. will probably never be superceded because of cost alone. So all you folks that say that the LEXUS V8 is sub american V8 sell your LEXUS today and come back and post your findings next year at this time. I will be here will you???

No one is saying that they don't like their Lexus or anything of the sort. No doubt that the Lexus V8 is better built than the Ford 4.6, the huge price differences account for the different build qualities. However, to immediately dismiss the Ford motor that can undoubtedly go hundreds and hundreds of thousands of trouble free miles is more than questionable. This equivocal remark is what sparked this thread:

Unfortunately, American cars do not compare to the Lexus imports with longevity or reliability

Where would one start with that? It's fantastic to see how grounded in reality we are when hundreds and hundreds of thousands of miles on the odometers of real life cars mean nothing. :rolleyes:

Finally a man that speaks with substance and knowlege about time!!!!!

LOL There's nothing like a little irony! You're talking trash about the 4.6, and the trash can't be backed up. That's what I call substance and knowledge! :cheers:

No one is saying that they don't like their Lexus or anything of the sort. No doubt that the Lexus V8 is better built than the Ford 4.6, the huge price differences account for the different build qualities. However, to immediately dismiss the Ford motor that can undoubtedly go hundreds and hundreds of thousands of trouble free miles is more than questionable. This equivocal remark is what sparked this thread:

Unfortunately, American cars do not compare to the Lexus imports with longevity or reliability

Where would one start with that? It's fantastic to see how grounded in reality we are when hundreds and hundreds of thousands of miles on the odometers of real life cars mean nothing. :rolleyes:

LOL There's nothing like a little irony! You're talking trash about the 4.6, and the trash can't be backed up. That's what I call substance and knowledge! :cheers:

OK, Compare the 4.6 to the 4.0 The 4.0 all the way, More horse, Better built. And it is in one of the best built cars on this earth. Can't argue that, Well you could but no one is going to listen. I have a bud that has the 40th anniversery stang and is kicking himself in the !Removed! for buying it after he found out about the 4.0 LEX and it's ability's. I am personally done with this. I love the 3.0 l6 It is a better motor than the 4.0 will ever be. See Ya ! ! ! Just my opinion. Don't rank me too bad, Thanx. ;)

OK, Compare the 4.6 to the 4.0 The 4.0 all the way, More horse, Better built. And it is in one of the best built cars on this earth. Can't argue that, Well you could but no one is going to listen. I have a bud that has the 40th anniversery stang and is kicking himself in the !Removed! for buying it after he found out about the 4.0 LEX and it's ability's. I am personally done with this. I love the 3.0 l6 It is a better motor than the 4.0 will ever be. See Ya ! ! ! Just my opinion. Don't rank me too bad, Thanx. ;)

you guys are too funny.

DCfish, dont think i was trying to put lexus down, i wasnt, not at all.

but i cant stand it when people speak out of ignorance. and to say there are no good american cars is just that, ignorant. thats the whole point i was trying to make. take it as you will. i have seen all kinds of motors fail (EVEN LEXUS V8's) under all kinds fo conditions.

the bottom line is, ALMOST any car will last an ungodly amount fo miles with perfect care and maintenance.

there are that select few, but for the most part the above statement is correct. i cant stand *BLEEP*ing contesets. this said, im out.

and dont think i dont like lexus either, just cause i chose to purchase a ford. the ford was just there and suited my needs better at the time.

i still love lexus, and i always will.

Edited by ArmyofOne

Many current Toyota owners who are over approx. 35 years old formerly drove American cars. One reason we defected away from American cars is because American car engines or transmissions wouldn't last no matter how much preventive maintenance we gave them.

A classic example is the Chevrolet Vega engine. Vega advertizing led buyers to believe it was an exhaustively test and proven engine: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/va.jpg In reality, Vega engines burned excessive oil causing spark plug fouling after only 50,000 miles because the cast iron piston rings wore out the high tech aluminum alloy cylinder walls.

Mechanics like Tom & Ray Magliozzi also acknowledge some inherent weaknesses of American car engines that can show up even if the engine receives proper preventive maintenance. For example, a Ford owner wrote: http://www.cartalk.com/content/columns/Arc...99/June/02.html

"My 1997 Ford Ranger has developed an occasional noisy lifter problem"

Tom Magliozzi answered: Your lifter problem could be caused by low oil pressure. So have your oil pressure tested. The lifter could also be leaking down, which is common these days with self-adjusting [hydraulic] lifters. A lot of them are just not "beefy" enough by design, in my opinion."

By contrast, nearly all Toyota engines have mechanical valve lifters which can't develop "leak down" problems like these.

No one will rank you poorly! ;) But, the point of this thread is still being misconstrued as a Lexus v. Lincoln brawl. No one is comparing the 4.0 to the 4.6; we all know the 4.0 is a more refined, better built engine. That said, it does not mean the 4.6 is an oil burning piece of $hit that won't make it past 80,000 miles when there are thousands and thousands of them going past 500k miles and still running great.

:cheers:

No one will rank you poorly! ;) But, the point of this thread is still being misconstrued as a Lexus v. Lincoln brawl. No one is comparing the 4.0 to the 4.6; we all know the 4.0 is a more refined, better built engine. That said, it does not mean the 4.6 is an oil burning piece of $hit that won't make it past 80,000 miles when there are thousands and thousands of them going past 500k miles and still running great.

:cheers:

Yeah, I know there are plenty of engines out there that will go 3-5 hundred thousand without too many problems but I think we are also a little biased on these boards. Matbe we are a little off topic here too, After all it is about a lexus v6 making the top ten best motors. I guess we all have our opinions and respectively so. But I wouldn't have anything else but a LEXUS and I would never ever buy a american car again. This has been a fun thread. B)

I have read it all and posted alot on this thread, and what I haven't mentioned is I am comparing a 1992 sc400 4.0Liter motor with over 100,000+ to newer motors like the lincoln, and many others and this old lexus motor is just an good or better then any brand new American, English, German, production motor made today.

Bottom line is my 4.0L Lex motor can be purchased on Ebay, junk yards, etc... for around $1000.00. So pound for pound and price for price I still think the 4.0Liter lexus motor is the best motor to own on the planet with all considered. A bold but accurate statement.

Needless to say the transmittions on these Lexus cars aren't too bad either, give me the 1st generation Lexus/Soarer motor and tranny ALL DAY LONG, I drive my car with the knowledge and confidence that it is one of if not the best motor on the road today, and my Modified Lexus motor will out last and out perform most!!!!!!

IN CONCLUSION-

My take on todays production engines - Americans engines have the muscle at production, German motors are the same but at a higher price with more problems likely to happen then most, English motors are still and probably always be crap, Jap motors are solid underpowered but well engineered, that is my take in general with the newest production made cars. Keep them all, I will stick and enjoy my 1st gen lex, as I know it is just as good and reliable as all the above mentioned at a fraction of the cost. I believe I have made my point and expressed my opinion!!!!! This has been fun but frusterating at the same time!!!

Okay, everyone calm down and actually READ what we've been saying.

Again, and this is like the 10th time I've said this in this thread, nobody is saying the Lexus V8 is not the best engine ever concieved on God's green earth or comparing it to any engine built by anyone.

We're just saying that other companies make V8s that will last just as long as the Lexus V8. We're not comparing car companies vs car companies, we're not comparing specific models to specific models so everything Monarch has said is pointless and irrelevant to the topic of this discussion. We're also not saying other companies make a BETTER engine or even an engine AS GOOD, we're simply saying they make engines that can last just as meaningfully long as Lexus/Toyota does.

As Monarch likes to point out, because its the only ammunition he has against us, that many of the people participating in this thread are 30 years of age or younger. Whoopie, big deal. Army's been working on engines since he could stand up, I've been around and interested in cars and the car industry since I was a child, Blake has been around cars and engines since he was a child, ToysRMe has more knowledge about these engines than anyone else in this discussion put together which is shown by his countless threads and tutorials on the subject. So I say Monarch, maybe you're just too old and inflexible to have these kinds of discussions anymore and maybe its time you move aside for those of us who aren't.

As for none of us ever owning American vehicles, I believe Lexusfreak owns one now, I believe Blake was brought up on Mustangs, I believe Army tore apart and rebuilt his Contour several times AND put 200k miles on it and currently owns another Ford product. I was brought up on Fords and owned a Ford before hand which currently has nearly 200k miles on it (that has never had an engine related issue, although its had plenty of other issues), I'm sure ToysRMe has been around American cars.

In short, we might be younger than you, but we're not stupid. Actually, I've seen all of the people I've listed post many, many, many more helpful responses than you ever have. Unless you haven't noticed, sprouting theoretical lifetimes for components and links to pictures of engines nobody ever clicks on doesn't help anybody.

And lastly Jibby, its spelled "transmission".

So in short, I think this topic has run its course. I'm off.

SWO3ES- Thanks for spelling "transmittion" for me, I work on engines and not on English majors, and usually my mispellings are typo's as I struggle to type at times.

Your comment on age has nothing to do with any of these discussions. As for someone who is so critical on mispellings, all that tells me is that you probably spend more time in books then in engines, so I must question your car IQ?

Also- for your information this forum started on "10 best engines" so maybe you should read before writting and also try to be a little less critical of others, all that does is show your age which sounds to me like about 14. Now go take a hike and go tune up your oil burning Ford and also go put some weight in your trunk to keep down that light back end of yours before you wrap it around a pole!!! I was always a Chevy man anyway!!!

Seriously tho. Those pre lightened/less expencive 1uz-fe's are insane. Hundreds of thousands of them built, they go used with 150,000-200,000 miles for like $500, and stock they out dyno stock 2jz-gte's, and can run that extra 50-75bhp on the street.

They even modified them to be the Toyota powerboat engine.

Early 1uz-fe's are craaaaaazy strong. They're not all forged like a bunch of people (Me included) originally thought when the first few story's of their insane power handling capibilites started circulating in the US, but wow.

That little Toyota 4.0L 1uz-fe is one of the strongest mass-produced car engine's ever made that about anyone can reasonably buy.

Now that people are figuring it out they're becoming bigtime swap motors. The only real problem with the engine is the funky bell-housing. Those can be custom amde by machine shops & there are a small number avalible now.

TY SW.

Okay, everyone calm down and actually READ what we've been saying.

Again, and this is like the 10th time I've said this in this thread, nobody is saying the Lexus V8 is not the best engine ever concieved on God's green earth or comparing it to any engine built by anyone.

We're just saying that other companies make V8s that will last just as long as the Lexus V8. We're not comparing car companies vs car companies, we're not comparing specific models to specific models so everything Monarch has said is pointless and irrelevant to the topic of this discussion. We're also not saying other companies make a BETTER engine or even an engine AS GOOD, we're simply saying they make engines that can last just as meaningfully long as Lexus/Toyota does.

As Monarch likes to point out, because its the only ammunition he has against us, that many of the people participating in this thread are 30 years of age or younger. Whoopie, big deal. Army's been working on engines since he could stand up, I've been around and interested in cars and the car industry since I was a child, Blake has been around cars and engines since he was a child, ToysRMe has more knowledge about these engines than anyone else in this discussion put together which is shown by his countless threads and tutorials on the subject. So I say Monarch, maybe you're just too old and inflexible to have these kinds of discussions anymore and maybe its time you move aside for those of us who aren't.

As for none of us ever owning American vehicles, I believe Lexusfreak owns one now, I believe Blake was brought up on Mustangs, I believe Army tore apart and rebuilt his Contour several times AND put 200k miles on it and currently owns another Ford product. I was brought up on Fords and owned a Ford before hand which currently has nearly 200k miles on it (that has never had an engine related issue, although its had plenty of other issues), I'm sure ToysRMe has been around American cars.

In short, we might be younger than you, but we're not stupid. Actually, I've seen all of the people I've listed post many, many, many more helpful responses than you ever have. Unless you haven't noticed, sprouting theoretical lifetimes for components and links to pictures of engines nobody ever clicks on doesn't help anybody.

And lastly Jibby, its spelled "transmission".

So in short, I think this topic has run its course. I'm off.

The contour had 400K steve ;) and i wish to make ti known before it gets played against me that there was only ONE time i tore that contour apart because i had to and that was to change a clutch at 275,000 miles. The rest of the time, i did it to learn things. and you know what, its paid off. Thank you for your compliments :D

SWO3ES- Thanks for spelling "transmittion" for me, I work on engines and not on English majors, and usually my mispellings are typo's as I struggle to type at times.

Your comment on age has nothing to do with any of these discussions. As for someone who is so critical on mispellings, all that tells me is that you probably spend more time in books then in engines, so I must question your car IQ?

Also- for your information this forum started on "10 best engines" so maybe you should read before writting and also try to be a little less critical of others, all that does is show your age which sounds to me like about 14. Now go take a hike and go tune up your oil burning Ford and also go put some weight in your trunk to keep down that light back end of yours before you wrap it around a pole!!! I was always a Chevy man anyway!!!

JIBBY, If you're going to be a member of this board, you will address the other members with respect in every post. If you're not willing to do that then we will show you the door. You've consistently tried to insult and undermine the position of everyone who has disagreed with you here by insinuating that we have no right to discuss this with you because of your "experience". I've tried to be respectful to you at every turn and have politely attempted to discuss your experience with you as have others and its been met with snide remarks, eye rolling, and groans.

Thats your only warning.

As far as age is concerned, did I direct any discussion or comments about age towards you? No. I directed them at Monarch.

If the spelling correction insulted you I apologize, but I think it was more than just payback for the snide comments from you the rest of us have endured throughout this discussion. If you think I'm too book smart to know anything about cars simply because I can properly spell "transmission", I think I can probably live with that.

I don't recall insulting anyone? Maybe showing frustration at times but I do not enjoy insulting people or putting people down, but I do get defensive when someone gets on my case for no reason. I believe I am the main person contributing to this tread with true facts and pictures as well. I believe I have expressed my honest opinion of the greatness of the early model lexus motors that is it. If you are the forum administrator and have the power to give me the boot then go ahead if you must, it will be this forums loss, not mine. However, I prefer that would not as I enjoy letting fellow lexus owners the true worth of their engine in case they did not already know, which it appears to me many do not. If that is going to get me kicked off this forum then you guys need to lighten up a little, if you insult you must know you may be insulted back. If you were correcting my spelling in all goodness then I appologize for firing back and I thank you for the correct spelling of "transmission" See ya!!!

JIBBY, If you're going to be a member of this board, you will address the other members with respect in every post. If you're not willing to do that then we will show you the door. You've consistently tried to insult and undermine the position of everyone who has disagreed with you here by insinuating that we have no right to discuss this with you because of your "experience". I've tried to be respectful to you at every turn and have politely attempted to discuss your experience with you as have others and its been met with snide remarks, eye rolling, and groans.

Thats your only warning.

As far as age is concerned, did I direct any discussion or comments about age towards you? No. I directed them at Monarch.

If the spelling correction insulted you I apologize, but I think it was more than just payback for the snide comments from you the rest of us have endured throughout this discussion. If you think I'm too book smart to know anything about cars simply because I can properly spell "transmission", I think I can probably live with that.

I don't recall insulting anyone? Maybe showing frustration at times but I do not enjoy insulting people or putting people down, but I do get defensive when someone gets on my case for no reason. I believe I am the main person contributing to this tread with true facts and pictures as well. I believe I have expressed my honest opinion of the greatness of the early model lexus motors that is it. If you are the forum administrator and have the power to give me the boot then go ahead if you must, it will be this forums loss, not mine. However, I prefer that would not as I enjoy letting fellow lexus owners the true worth of their engine in case they did not already know, which it appears to me many do not. If that is going to get me kicked off this forum then you guys need to lighten up a little, if you insult you must know you may be insulted back. If you were correcting my spelling in all goodness then I appologize for firing back and I thank you for the correct spelling of "transmission" See ya!!!

Thats your only warning.

Jibby, I'm with you, Some threads are just too damn sensitive, Give it up, It's not worth it. We know what's best, And you know what I mean. Better threads coming. ;)

Thanks DCFISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats your only warning.

Jibby, I'm with you, Some threads are just too damn sensitive, Give it up, It's not worth it. We know what's best, And you know what I mean. Better threads coming. ;)

You started the negative trend of the thread, not anyone else. Some examples:

That is exactly what I am saying, so you better see it and believe it, because it is fact and truth, I kid you not
I could write a book on this stuff. That is it.
Try again please!!!!! Is there a Lexus mechanic in the house?? No insults intended, just getting a little frusterated. Until anyone of you have stripped down and rebuilt the engines and know exactly the content of the internal parts you people are just speculating and that is it. That is all for me!!!!
So again, I know what I am saying and it is fact... I can't believe this thread is still going, time for a new subject.
As for someone who is so critical on mispellings, all that tells me is that you probably spend more time in books then in engines, so I must question your car IQ?
all that does is show your age which sounds to me like about 14
Now go take a hike and go tune up your oil burning Ford and also go put some weight in your trunk to keep down that light back end of yours before you wrap it around a pole!!!

Your opinion is your opinion and thats fine, but it isn't fact. Insinuating that your opinion is the only one relevent or the only one of substance is just asking to start a flame war because its downright belittling to everyone else. You may be knolwedgeable but everyone who has participated in this thread is also very knowledgable regardless of which side of this discussion they fell on. Your continued refusal to acknowledge even the most limited aspect of the other side turned this discussion into an argument and you eventually escalated it into a flamewar, had I taken your flamebait it would have been a real issue.

In order to have a discussion of a topic there has to be a fundamental respect for the position of the other side, there was no such respect here which is what got you the response which "frustrated" you so.

The comments towards me speak for themselves, you were angry and I understand but thats still not appropriate and you know that.

I have no desire to ban you or anyone else, and if you can have these discussions while treating the other members on the board with the respect they deserve as your equals then you'll have no further problem with me or anyone else from the administration of this site.

ok that it i have had enough.

Your SC might be the best thing God ever created. BUT I have a 68 Charger R/T 440/426TT Hybrid with over 1200 RWHP that WILL had your 1uzFE its own !Removed!. and it was created by ME. and my DAD. Our own 2 pairs of hands created that monster. I will run the 1/4 2 (maybe 2.5) times in the time it takes you to do it once. AND I'll do it without NOS (none of my cars have it, its CHEATING). Then my buddies, with cobras, and camaros and even a LINGENFELTER Vette walk you. Then to disgrace you even more, I'll turnaround and rape you in the twisties with my Escort, which by the way has stock suspension (though not much else is stock). So anytime you want to test your ALMIGHTY aluminum or whatever the 1uz is made of, come talk to me. I'll even pay for the track day. all you have to do is drive to TX, and ring my doorbell. give me a call a week in advance so i can arrange travel to TX from NY. or meet me here and I'll have my american muscle waiting...whichever is good for you. I'm easy. (Oh yeah, my dad will drive it here, just to see me walk your !Removed!).

This is the first time i have EVER been truly *BLEEP*ed off at anything in this forum. I really am ashamed at a few of you (wont name names, you know who you are), as you are acting like children. HOW DARE YOU come in here and disrespect our staff and our long standing members JIBBY. If i had my way about it you would be gone already...and your ISP Notified. I dont play games, and I DONT take Bull*BLEEP* from people. This forum was fine before you and monarch, and it will be fine LONG after you are gone. I will make sure of it. Steve Withrow is a man i give more respect to than almost ANYONE else on this forum. You messed with the wrong guy there, cause you mess with him and then you *BLEEP* me off and then i think you know where this goes. Im taking care of it, because he has more important things to do than be bothered by your sniveling little comments and beligerent behavior.

That said, 1uz's are kickass motors, but there are others out there that kickass too!

Im sorry steve, but i cannot in good consience sit here and let this dude attack you. Im sorry and i know your rules on personal attacks, but my feelings must be heard. Do with me as you must, if you must.

NOW THAT WAS A *BLEEP*ING CONTEST.

having said all of that, I feel much better. F*** THIS THREAD. PM me if you have any need to talk to me about anything in this thread cause i wont be back. It has gotten wayyyyyyyyy off track and has no info that will be of any use to anyone.

ArmyofOne out.

Edited by ArmyofOne

SW- You are picking on me and that is not cool. I said many nice things on this thread as well and all of those negative quotes were responses to negative remarks that were said to me first, including yours to me. Check out your third to last thread, you put down Monarch, and one other guy and then me "And Lastly Transmission is spelled...."remember?) it sounds to me like you are all knowing and wise and I am just stupid. Sorry bro, I got to and will fire back every time, administrator or not.

Bud, maybe I am out of line but you are too then. I am cool and have no hard feelings from this point forward and I hope you the administrator feel the same. Finally for the record I back up all of my statements I said from knowledge and hands on experience, so I call it fact, because that is what it is to me until proven different.

In closing, I do not think I am all knowing and don't claim to be better then anyone else on this forum but I do know a few things about Lexus and one of them is the 1st generation lexus 4.0 liter V8 rocks and is one of the best motors ever made from production. That is all I am saying- Late- and Happy News Year to everyone just in case I get the boot!!!!! ALL IS POSITIVE!!!!! For me the glass is always half full and not half empty!!!!