New Es350 In 2007

Lexdiamonds

I was reading alot yesterday on the internet and many forums were saying that the next ES will be the 350 with 280HP. Do you guys think that this accurate since the Toyota Avalon and the ES are similiar?

The real question is 'will Lexus learn how to make a car that shifts properly by then?"

I was reading alot yesterday on the internet and many forums were saying that the next ES will be the 350 with 280HP. Do you guys think that this accurate since the Toyota Avalon and the ES are similiar?

The real question is 'will Lexus learn how to make a car that shifts properly by then?"

my year es shifts just fine! :D

:rolleyes:

Does every thread started about the future of the ES model have to be drug down into some debate about the transmission shift hesitation? Seriously, you do this all the time and its getting really old.

These comments have nothing to do with the thread, and any more off topic posting will be removed.

Anyways, I think its more than likely we'll see a change from ES330 to ES350 and very likely we'll see HP figures in that range. I also wouldn't be surprised by an AWD option.

Yes it's real.

The Avalon has the 280bhp 2GR-FSE (The detuned 306hp 2gr-fe). The next gen Camry is confirmed to have the 2GR-FSE w'w 6speed A/T, a 152bhp i4 5speed M/T, A/T & a 192bhp Hybrid draivetrain (i4 & CVT).

Keep in mind horsepower figures have yet again changed. The 280bhp the 2GR-FSE makes is now rated @ 268hp. It's the same engine w' the same power.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188219

Noone is 100% yet. Nobody's found/taken pics that can't easily be argued it's a different car.

Go look at the Camry pics & the imagine the front end looking a couple fractions better & a color that doesn't look like I barfed it up.

You know I wish I was in your shoes, you complain and complain about your trany in your ES but your trade in value is unreal!!!! TRADE IT IN IF YOU DONT LIKE IT!!!I own a grand cherokee and it sucks ,but so does the trade in value. So I wish I had your lemon...

You know I wish I was in your shoes, you complain and complain about your trany in your ES but your trade in value is unreal!!!! TRADE IT IN IF YOU DONT LIKE IT!!!I own a grand cherokee and it sucks ,but so does the trade in value. So I wish I had your lemon...

Actually, I can't trade it in. Company policy says I need 4 years or 100 K miles.

And trade in value isn't all that great, btw. Look at lease residuals for an estimate of trade-in value. The trade-in is no better than other cars in its class and worse than some (Volvo or Saab, for example).

Does every thread started about the future of the ES model have to be drug down into some debate about the transmission shift hesitation? Seriously, you do this all the time and its getting really old.

These comments have nothing to do with the thread, and any more off topic posting will be removed.

Anyways, I think its more than likely we'll see a change from ES330 to ES350 and very likely we'll see HP figures in that range. I also wouldn't be surprised by an AWD option.

While you're entitle to your opinion, I think it's worth not letting the issue drop. If people just accept an inferior product from Lexus, they'll continue to provide one. It's only by speaking up and letting Lexus know that it's unacceptable that it might get some attention. They need to know that I'll never buy another one until they fix the problem. Other readers might reconsider their purchase plans if they know about it. I'm sure that Lexus reads these boards. I think it's very dangerous to give them the opinion that an inferior product is acceptable.

And, yes, it's on topic in this thread since we're talking about a future vehicle - about the year that I'll be buying my next car. Their ability to address the transmission issue will determine wheter I'd buy one - or recommend one.

While you're entitle to your opinion, I think it's worth not letting the issue drop. If people just accept an inferior product from Lexus, they'll continue to provide one. It's only by speaking up and letting Lexus know that it's unacceptable that it might get some attention. They need to know that I'll never buy another one until they fix the problem. Other readers might reconsider their purchase plans if they know about it. I'm sure that Lexus reads these boards. I think it's very dangerous to give them the opinion that an inferior product is acceptable.

And, yes, it's on topic in this thread since we're talking about a future vehicle - about the year that I'll be buying my next car. Their ability to address the transmission issue will determine wheter I'd buy one - or recommend one.

So your going to CHIME in at every point you can and try to discurage everyone from buying a lexus because you cant learn how to drive your car? This person asked a question in regaurds to horse power I beleive not how you feel about your car. Yes everyone is entiled to their opinion but you had your thread to express yourself now let others enjoy the fact that they are looking to purchase a new vehicle,and if you have information pertaining to their question please feel free to respond.

So your going to CHIME in at every point you can and try to discurage everyone from buying a lexus because you cant learn how to drive your car? This person asked a question in regaurds to horse power I beleive not how you feel about your car. Yes everyone is entiled to their opinion but you had your thread to express yourself now let others enjoy the fact that they are looking to purchase a new vehicle,and if you have information pertaining to their question please feel free to respond.

The person asked about changes to the 2007 model. I pointed out one major change that needs to be made - on the basis of many dozens of complaints to NHTSA and hundreds of messages here and elsewhere. It's a change that will keep me and many others from buying another Lexus. So, yes, I do think it's on topic for a thread about changes to the 2007 model.

As for not being able to learn to drive the car, that's absurd. You shouldn't have to adjust your driving style to fit the car. The car is clearly defective. The fact that you can learn to drive like a 90 year old grandmother so the problem doesn't bother you is irrelevant.

LoL! I think it's overplayed anyways. Lots of A/T cars have the exact same thing, but there just isn't as much whining.

Ya I said it! (Where's the Did I say that, You bet I did smilie?)

Leave the A/T hesitation discussion for threads where it's on topic.

Yes, you should adjust your driving style to suit the conditions. As with everything in life, people adjust even if they don't realize it. Cars should 100% be adjusted to.

LoL! I think it's overplayed anyways. Lots of A/T cars have the exact same thing, but there just isn't as much whining.

Ya I said it! (Where's the Did I say that, You bet I did smilie?)

Leave the A/T hesitation discussion for threads where it's on topic.

Yes, you should adjust your driving style to suit the conditions. As with everything in life, people adjust even if they don't realize it. Cars should 100% be adjusted to.

AMEN BRUTHA!!! :cheers:

my year es shifts just fine!  :D

As does mine! B) :whistles: But seriously, not great pics are available that I know of of the next gen ES......but the new Camry isn't bad so I am looking forward to it come January when it will debut at the NAIAS in Detroit. I too hope very much that AWD will be offered.......you can pretty much guarantee a Hybrid for 2008 to boot! B)

:cheers:

Now my question.

Does Toyota give the ES the i4 hybrid, or mate the new v6 to the hybrid drivetrain. 192bhp is nice, but let's holla at a 300bhp ES LoL!

I doubt the ES will be that kind of animal Toys 300+ hp for the hybrid.....but in fairness, that is speculation (my guess is Max 280 - 285 for the gasoline engine). Let's be patient until the 'official' info is released next month.....as I am sure Lexus will give some ES Hybrid details. B) I just hope the styling is there. ;)

No, you don't understand. As a manager I am telling you to stop dragging down all threads that pertain to the future of the ES with your issues with the transmission on your ES.

If you want to vent your frustration to Lexus or to anyone, do it in the ES transmission thread or write them a letter. Any more off topic posts in threads outside of that topic of discussion will get you banned from the LOC.

I'm lodging a warning against your account and I'm not kidding, so if you want to stay a member here knock it off.

the new camry has a nasty bullnose, rhino nose, whatever you wanna call it.

i wonder if that will carry over to the ES.

In less than a month (press dates for the NAIAS start Jan 8th), we will all know for sure what the car will look like. Let's be patient. B)