New Es350 In 2007

Lexdiamonds

While you're entitle to your opinion, I think it's worth not letting the issue drop. If people just accept an inferior product from Lexus, they'll continue to provide one. It's only by speaking up and letting Lexus know that it's unacceptable that it might get some attention. They need to know that I'll never buy another one until they fix the problem. Other readers might reconsider their purchase plans if they know about it. I'm sure that Lexus reads these boards. I think it's very dangerous to give them the opinion that an inferior product is acceptable.

And, yes, it's on topic in this thread since we're talking about a future vehicle - about the year that I'll be buying my next car. Their ability to address the transmission issue will determine wheter I'd buy one - or recommend one.

No, you don't understand. As a manager I am telling you to stop dragging down all threads that pertain to the future of the ES with your issues with the transmission on your ES.

If you want to vent your frustration to Lexus or to anyone, do it in the ES transmission thread or write them a letter. Any more off topic posts in threads outside of that topic of discussion will get you banned from the LOC.

I'm lodging a warning against your account and I'm not kidding, so if you want to stay a member here knock it off.

Have it your way. If you want to play dictator, go ahead.

As I've said, a recurring problem that affects a significant percentage of users IS on topic when discussing future models. The biggest wish I have for a future model (and I'm sure many people would agree) is that the shifting problem be fixed. Please explain why that's off topic in a thread about future models?

It has nothing to do with playing dictator. There are other members that use this forum too, expecting to use every thread as a forum to air your greivances is not appropriate.

I understand that you're frustrated, but this forum is not affiliated with Lexus in any way, we have no obligation to provide a forum simply for you to aire your greivances. Our members are here because they enjoy discussing Lexus vehicles, and frankly when all people get is an argument about transmission hesitations any time they mention the ES series Lexus they're, rightfully, not going to want to post here anymore. To be quite honest, most people here either don't experience the problem or don't care. There's a thread pinned in this forum for those that do. To expect the rest of us to allow your grievances in all of our threads even when they have nothing to do with the topic isn't fair. If this were the first time you'd done this it would be one thing, but you do it all the time. In fact, its all you ever talk about and we're all getting tired of listening to it.

As for why is the discussion of this lag off topic in this thread, the member asked about power output. Thats the answer.

This:

The real question is 'will Lexus learn how to make a car that shifts properly by then?"

Is not an answer to this question:

I was reading alot yesterday on the internet and many forums were saying that the next ES will be the 350 with 280HP. Do you guys think that this accurate since the Toyota Avalon and the ES are similiar?

The topic of the thread was the estimated power output of the new ES. Your post was attempting to start a discussion about the throttle lag. It was, by definition, off topic.

The dictionary definition of off topic is as follows:

Main Entry:   off-topic

Part of Speech:   adjective

Definition:   differing from the main topic; not relevant

Etymology:   1982-87

It was off topic and it destroyed Lexdiamond's thread.

Seems pretty open and shut to me. Thread closed.