My 93 Ls400 Totally Dead Now.

arsvivendi

:cries:

My 93 LS400 Totally Dead now. Nothing Happening when I turn the key to Start car and each time my cloclk reset 1:00. Tried with new battery-same thing happened. I replced Spark plug,Cables,Rotors,Caps,cleaning Throttle Body,Air filter etc today. Nothing happen. mine only 108000 mileage so far. What should I do? Please help me ASAP. Thanks.

is there a way to test the starter? i'm sure you've thought of that though...give it a few hours to see if someone can point you in some direction? otherwise, i would call a tow truck to take it to a shop.

:cries:

My 93 LS400 Totally Dead now. Nothing Happening when I turn the key to Start car and each time my cloclk reset 1:00. Tried with new battery-same thing happened. I replced Spark plug,Cables,Rotors,Caps,cleaning Throttle Body,Air filter etc today. Nothing happen. mine only 108000 mileage so far. What should I do? Please help me ASAP. Thanks.

How I can test Starter from my car?

Buddy,

you have to specific about your car does not start. When you turn the key did you hear engine turns? How does it sound when you turn the key? It's important to know since when can not hear or see when you start your car.

The are many possible thing happen when your car does not start, if it not the battery, then it could be starter, ignitor, etc......

check the fuses? anything burned out in there? how about the battery terminal connectors? are the clean? you said you have a new battery, but how about the bettery contact point for the cables?

question: when you take the key out, and then put it back in, does everything reset? you mentioned the clock does, but how about the memory on the seats settings, radio stations, etc....???

I checked all fuses both inside car and engine side. All looks good to me.

I replcaed new battery terminal for positive but negative is still original. When I replaced new battery, I cleaned both end. From Key out to back in, All dash board light are same except clock and there is no Room light turn it on when I opened door and No Radio/CD. Air Condition is ON.

I checked all fuses both inside car and engine side. All looks good to me.

I replcaed new battery terminal for positive but negative is still original. When I replaced new battery, I cleaned both end. From Key out to back in, All dash board light are same except clock and there is no Room light turn it on when I opened door and No Radio/CD. Air Condition is ON.

Hi: Make sure does terminals are tight, maybe you need to replace that negative also, since you say the Battery is new, becaus if it werent I would say was the battery, but since it should not be, then is the connection to the battery or when you replaced the terminal you left something loose in there, check that also. \\

C. PR

Yes the battery should always be fuilly charged before installation.

1 . it has to start the car

2. The alternator is not for charging a dead battery, it can do it but it is not designed to be a battery charger but a system voltage producer. Sounds similar but it is not.

You need to get a digital voltmeter (DVM) and do some simple troubleshooting. First verify that your battery neg terminal has a good connection to chassis ground.

If good, remove the cover from the fusible link/relay block on the left fender in your engine compartment. Pull the starter relay and check to see if you have battery voltage on any of the pins of the starter relay socket. You should have battery voltage on pin 2, the upper right hand pin of the socket when viewed from the same angle the attached picture was taken. If you do not have voltage, your main fuse link may be blown and that is not a plug in fuselink like the four on the left hand side of the fuselink block. The manual shows it to be located in the wiring harness coming off the bottom, left side of the fusible link block. It should have a big, solid yellow wire coming off one end of the fuse link. If it is blown, some of your electrical systems will work but you will definitely not have any headlights and it won't start. A host of other systems will be inop also.

post-2297-1130469934_thumb.jpg

If the battery has at least 12+ volts in it (new batteries are not alway at full charge) I would first suspect your fusable link, or a bad ground conection, as the other post states. You need to check to see that you have a good engine ground. If you have jumper cables try conecting the ground (-) on the battery to a good contact piont on the engine and then see if all your systems have power or not. If not, move on the the fusable link...

I replced Spark plug,Cables,Rotors,Caps,cleaning Throttle Body,Air filter etc today.
Did you do this before or after the car wouldn't start... before or after you replaced the battery?

If before, are you sure you have everything connected properly?

Here is a novel idea, what about just jumping the car, do you have another car to jump with?

I just came home from work. I turn it on to ACC and all Dashboard lights on, besides Headlight/Alarm/Room light works as well. It so weird since Headlight/Alarm/Room light didn't work at all. something changed. STARTER motor looks like operates but No engine turn. Any idea Folks? Thanks.

Sorry, I was too busy this afternoon to inspect car again. Now, it's too dark.

I will do it first thing tomorrow morning. Where is engine ground terminal? I called to local repair shop, they told me that either bad ECU or Bad Fuel Pump. It could be? Thanks.

Please dop not take this the wrong way, but I would hate to see you try something only to really mess up the car , as in big $$$$.

generaly Electrical systems have two poles the pluse or positive, and the ground or negative.

The negative is ground on almost all cars. And this is ture of your car.

But if you mess up the polarity, you could really mess up your car. I do not recomend messing with electrical unless you are very comfortable with what you are doing.

You said you changed the caps & rotors.......there are lots of wires that get disconnected for that job. I think you forgot to plug a connector back in. Recheck your work in that area.

I forgot to plug one back in after doing the same job and no start. Plugged the last connection in and boom, it started.