A Strange Steering Or Transmission Problem

I searched the forum but to no success. My car has had some very faulty suspension/steering/alignment for quite some time. recently i have replaced struts all around, and done four wheel alignment. here's the problem: the steering feels way too inaccurate when the car accelerates from a stop. Then, after shifting through 4, it feels like the steering snaps all of the sudden and the vehicle jerks to the right (the wheel spins about 20-30 degrees). At first i thought it was coinciding with the shift into fourth, but now im not too sure. As you would imagine, the extent of the wander is a lot worse when turning. Also after the "snap" happens, the vehicle handles better, although still not like it should. A little help would very appreciated, i respect your guys' input.

Thanks

Just to settle this for anyone searching in the future with similar symptoms. The problem was that the front control arm bushings were way gone. they had a ton of back and forward motion (they should oly be able to rotate). It was easy to diagnose after taking the front wheels of and pulling on the brake assembly. Any slack at these points allows the wheels to shift their toe-in, and that's what jerks the car. As far as when it happens, i think it just has a tendency to do it at certain speeds and amounts of acceleration/decceleration due to weight shifts. I was just noticing mine because it had just had an alignment job after not beeing aligned for a long time. If u ever see that your bushing is shot, take off the control arm, press or cut out the bushing, go buy one for 25 bucks, and get ahold of a bench-press or use a balljoint c-clamp tool to press the new bushing in (the latter can be borrowed from autozone). just make sure it's straight. also, making alignment marks before taking the old one out will save u a big headache.

Just to settle this for anyone searching in the future with similar symptoms.  The problem was that the front control arm bushings were way gone.  they had a ton of back and forward motion (they should oly be able to rotate).  It was easy to diagnose after taking the front wheels of and pulling on the brake assembly.  Any slack at these points allows the wheels to shift their toe-in, and that's what jerks the car.  As far as when it happens, i think it just has a tendency to do it at certain speeds and amounts of acceleration/decceleration due to weight shifts.  I was just noticing mine because it had just had an alignment job after not beeing aligned for a long time.  If u ever see that your bushing is shot, take off the control arm, press or cut out the bushing, go buy one for 25 bucks, and get ahold of a bench-press or use a balljoint c-clamp tool to press the new bushing in (the latter can be borrowed from autozone).  just make sure it's straight.  also, making alignment marks before taking the old one out will save u a big headache.

I had the exact same problem on my 97 ES300. Very unusual sensation - hard to describe. My dealer made the same diagnosis, and the car is fine now.