Service For My Lexus Es 330

Speaklife

Since I have heard that a Lexus ES 330 is a gussied up Camery, and in my town there is no Lexus Dealer; but, there is a very good Toyota Dealer, do you think I can/should take my car for service to the Toyota Dealer?  Thanks

Sure, why not. Since they're stable mates, there shouldn't be any problems with servicing your car.....and it'll be less $$$ :)

Since I have heard that a Lexus ES 330 is a gussied up Camery, and in my town there is no Lexus Dealer; but, there is a very good Toyota Dealer, do you think I can/should take my car for service to the Toyota Dealer?  Thanks

Sure, why not. Since they're stable mates, there shouldn't be any problems with servicing your car.....and it'll be less $$$ :)

I was thinking that too; but, the Lexus Dealer told me that I should NOT take it to Toyota for service except maybe oil changes. You think that they can do more than an oil change?

Since dealerships now make most of their profits from service, there's no surprise that a Lexus dealer would tell you not to go to Toyota dealer.

There's nothing wrong with going to Toyota except they may not be able to be reimbursed by Lexus for warranty work. Perhaps if there's no Lexus dealer in the area, Lexus may relax their rules.

I go to Toyota for everything but warranty work. There are several mechanics there who know how to work on them. Enjoy this line: the service manager has a 300ES and they work on his car.... :D

Since dealerships now make most of their profits from service, there's no surprise that a Lexus dealer would tell you not to go to Toyota dealer.

There's nothing wrong with going to Toyota except they may not be able to be reimbursed by Lexus for warranty work. Perhaps if there's no Lexus dealer in the area, Lexus may relax their rules.

I go to Toyota for everything but warranty work. There are several mechanics there who know how to work on them. Enjoy this line: the service manager has a 300ES and they work on his car....  :D

I take my GS300 to a toyota dealer exclusively, It just saves $$$ on labor. I always purchase the parts that I need and they do the labor. Works for me. ;)

I know in my state of Taxxachusetts, my local Lexus and Toyota are priced the same.

Same mechanics, same parts, lower cost. Only thing a Toyota dealer won't do is give you a new Lexus to drive while they service it.

Three basic Toyota / Lexus oil filters. They all cost $4. Buy one from a Lexus dealer, $31. Same for lug nuts & everything else you ever price. Lexus dealers are a joke. :\

I'd only use them for warrenty work.

Same mechanics, same parts, lower cost. Only thing a Toyota dealer won't do is give you a new Lexus to drive while they service it.

Three basic Toyota / Lexus oil filters. They all cost $4. Buy one from a Lexus dealer, $31. Same for lug nuts & everything else you ever price. Lexus dealers are a joke. :\

I'd only use them for warrenty work.

if you open up the hood of a 6 cyl Camry it's the same as an ES. Toyota dealers don't have a problem working on a Lexus.

SOME Toyota dealers won't but most Toyota dealers will work on any Lexus.

Three basic Toyota / Lexus oil filters. They all cost $4. Buy one from a Lexus dealer, $31.

Lexus dealers are expensive but if you paid $31 for an oil filter they rammed you a good one. When I have oil changes done elsewhere and buy the Lexus filter it costs $12.

I try to avoid the dealer whenever I can, so when the service required is just an oil change and tire rotation ($240 at Lexus) and I can wait for it and it wont take more than an hour or so I really try and take it to a Toyota service while you wait center or somewhere else.

If its a bigger service and I need to leave it I still bend over and pay Lexus for the convenience.

There's no reason to have your Lexus serviced at Lexus unless you enjoy their service, the car is not so complicated that ANYONE can't service it.