Small Work, Yields Big Results.

GRAND_LS 4

Ladies and gents, clean your MAF sensor, the small sensor after the air filter in the intake tube. I cleaned it using a simple $0.99 STP carb cleaner from wal mart, and it made a world of difference.

I had noticed over the last few months that I lost some low-end torque, and when the car gets to 3000RPM, you feel the acceleration kick in. It was never like that before, the torque curve was much more even all thought the band (I especially noticed it after getting the LS, since my previous car had weak low end).

So one day, after cleaning the gunk on the intake manifold butterfly, I decided to clean my MAF, and the acceleration is great once again. Big difference and it only took me literally 5mins.

You must pull it out though, and spray against where the air usually flows into the maf from the right side. You will know what I mean when you have that piece in your hand.

Don’t you just love free power?

Also, while your at it, you can use the same bottle to clean up your PCV valve.

WARNING: Carb cleaner is a POWERFUL desolvent, dont get ANY of it on your paint!! and avoid skin contact. Make sure you store it in a safe place when your done.

What year is your LS400?

Some earlier threads suggested to leave the 1990 LS400 MAF untouched.

Not trying to be a smart !Removed!, but can you guys see my sig? i just wanna make sure its working.

I have a 98.

it doesnt state the year

CLeaning any part "carefully" is always a good thing to do.

MAF's by nature get dirty like an intake or throttle body, they all need periodic cleaning.

Would you clean it if the two wires looked white?

from the link , it seems for 92 , I have 98 , can any body send a picture to show where exactly the MAF sensor in 98LS.

Some people have reported problems with thier first gens. So those have 90-94's, becareful. Be sure you know what your doing.

from the link , it seems for 92 , I have 98 , can any body send a picture to show where exactly the MAF sensor in 98LS.

في صنوق خلف المبة الامامية من جهة الركب. لازم تفك ثلاث صواميل علاشان يطلع الصندوق. هو بالصح صندوق الهواء. لا نسى تغير فلتر الهواء اذا هو قديم. اتبع الانبوب... وبتشوف مكان في الانبوب مشبوك فية سلك. هناك الماف.

الماف = حساس الهواء.

Translation = Me like Lexus....Me thirsty....me gonna have beer and look at my lexus... :cheers:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...ex_v2&id=50&c=9

This seems to be a good link in reguards to MAF sensor.. I am going to clean my now!

Spray 99% pure isopropyl alcohol (available at electronic stores) onto the wires to clean and shake dry. Be careful not to use other solvents as they may damage the sensor.

I cann't find 99% pure isopropyl alchohol here in Vancouver, I brought some eletric contact cleaner or elecric head cleaner for MAF clearning, but two wires still looks different, one is yellow, the other one is balck or grey, doesn't look like both shine. even though I can feel the significant different after MAF clean. more power and more smooth. Any advice I can make both shine cleaned? I am a little worried for using crab cleaner or Throttle body cleaner on MAF, I am not for sure if both contain lubrication elements inside, if yes that will easly stick dust qiuckly.

CLeaning any part "carefully" is always a good thing to do.

MAF's by nature get dirty like an intake or throttle body, they all need periodic cleaning.

How can we clean the MAF on a 1990 model ?

Thanks