Antenna Issues

I read thru severl threads where it said to hold the raidio FM button in while turning the key on and the old antenna rod would come out. That hasn't happened my antenna is up and manually can be moved up and down but electrically not . The motor runs and sound horible for about 15 second or so when you turn the key with or with out the FM button pressed and it doesn't change the location of the antenna.

Would this mean the antenna rod broke off inside the thing or what. The motor certainly seems to be working...

Has anyone heard of the Antenna brand "Hirschmann" somebody is selling the motor/antenna/wiring and all on Ebay for 39 bucks and that seems to good to be true.

I just ordered the exact antenna you are talking about, so I'll let you know if they are any good when mine comes in (probably next Wednesday). I couldn't take that grinding noise any more so I figured I would try this first because Lexus wants almost $30 for just the antenna mast. I hope it works; they must be decent-most of his feedback is pretty good.

ive had two ES's and have gone through about 5 or 6 antennas. all you need to do is take the motor and antenna shaft out and take the motor apart. chances are, the plastic rod inside the antenna shaft has broken. if thats the case, you can go to Pep Boys (if they have those where you live) and buy an antenna shaft for a Toyota. its an exact replacement and only costs $15 unlike the Lexus one, which will run you $60! if you put a new one in, i would suggest putting some white lithium grease on the plastic rod. this allows it to move more freely and keeps it from breaking sooner.

Have your key in off position. Press CD and AM at the same time now turn on your key. Your ant mast will come out. Measure your new and old ant cable, if the old one is shorter. Which means part of it still stuck in the motor. Now remove your ant motor. Remove the broken cable. I'm assuming you know how to do the rest. Good luck.

JPI

• 4 weeks later...

it is in the rear window

look for the weird grate

it started on the mcv - 20

i think the 02-03 mcv30 also has no ant

i like the look

but i would rather the reception

so i would stick with the huge rod

atleast it goes back down when i play a cd