Egr Vaccum Modulator Filter

Does anybody no where you can buy the filter for the EGR Vaccum modulator. I had used the DIY link, was able to open the modulator and clean out the inside, but the filter is dirty. Lexus dealership does not sell the filter, they will sell the whole unit to you for $91.00 They didn't want me to pop open the cap on the new EGR Modulator so i can show them the filter inside. the part guy told me to go to Home Depot and buy a filter and cut it out to fit the Modulator. I know on the Lexls link they had mention a part number to be listed in the future. any ideal when? Thanks for any input. I went to toyota part department, they called Lexus, toyota didn't have it, only Lexus parts dept. :angry:

Yeah....I forgot to update that page. You're right, they only sell the entire assembly and not the filter. If you follow up on the advice you got you can probably find something that works. I don't really have the time to hunt for a replacement.

Yeah....I forgot to update that page.  You're right, they only sell the entire assembly and not the filter.  If you follow up on the advice you got you can probably find something that works.  I don't really have the time to hunt for a replacement.

thanks for the reply. will see what i can find for replacement. :whistles:

• 8 months later...

I found a generic basic square filter about 2 inches by 2 inches, quarter inch thick that I cut to round size on mine. Found it in the pcv valves/breather elements section right next to the air filters at the parts store.

Dealership service dept told me a code 71 could possibly be a dirty egr vacuum modulator filter. I made a homemade filter (as described above), cleared the codes, and the code 71 has not come back (knock on wood).

SF,

Jungle

• 2 weeks later...

I found a generic basic square filter about 2 inches by 2 inches, quarter inch thick that I cut to round size on mine. Found it in the pcv valves/breather elements section right next to the air filters at the parts store.

Could you specify the name of the product (shown on the package) that you bought.

I went to local PepBoys and bought a "crankcase filter". It has 2"x2" square, but the thickness is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

I don't think I bought the right stuff since I couldn't find one with a 1/4" thick.

Thanks.

• 6 months later...