Bmw Vs Infiniti Vs Lexus

well my lease is coming to an end on my es and im looking for one of these three cars:

Infiniti M45

BMW 5 series

Lexus GS430

my mind is set on the M45 because its got more bang for the buck. like road sensors that tell you when your driving out of your lane. It also has good acceleration and has good looks. while the bmw, well its a bmw. it looks good and has good stats but its a lil pricey. the base is 52k. and last but not least the GS 430 has the luxury. keyless entry, adaptive climate control, etc. if some one could point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. correct me if im wrong but the base for GS is 45ish and the base for M is pretty much the same. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :unsure::unsure::unsure::mellow::mellow::mellow:

Not to be bias or anything but I strongly believe the GS430 looks much better than the M45. After seeing the GS creep up from behind me the other day.....WOW....what an amazingly stunning car...GS is much better than the M45. Some say the M45 has a nicer interior and better performance, but the Lexus edges it out with luxury, design, quality, smoother ride and interior space.

Pictures are misleading...see the car with your own eyes before judging...GS definitely fooled me.

I agree with Guy. I've own 3 BMWs & nothing but problems. Never owned an Infiniti but have driven & ridden in friends cars & although I think they build good cars now I believe that Lexus holds the edge. Driving my 4th Lexus & they have all been great cars. Good luck with your decision. Best thing to do is drive them all then decide.

Just to clarify, I was referring to "contemporary" BMWs. I have had a few myself, although older 10+ years or more. They (BMWs) were very good cars. Even so, they liked to spend their weekends on the lift with small issues being tended to. I've also had Infinities with no problems worth mentioning.

On a side note: Last Wednesday a friend of mine (against my suggestion) took delivery of his '05 BMW Z4. He called me yesterday to ask me if I knew why the driver's side window would not close. I told him, "welcome to 2005 German engineering." You see yesterday was Saturday, the day I eluded to earlier as being the day BMW's like to go up on the lift. I'm still laughing at his expense. :lol:

well my lease is coming to an end on my es and im looking for one of these three cars:

Infiniti M45

BMW 5 series

Lexus GS430

my mind is set on the M45 because its got more bang for the buck. like road sensors that tell you when your driving out of your lane. It also has good acceleration and has good looks. while the bmw, well its a bmw. it looks good and has good stats but its a lil pricey. the base is 52k. and last but not least the GS 430 has the luxury. keyless entry, adaptive climate control, etc. if some one could point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. correct me if im wrong but the base for GS is 45ish and the base for M is pretty much the same. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:

honestly, the m has some stuff the gs doesn't have.......the gs has some stuff the m45 doesn't have. im obviously gonna say lexus is a better bet because i own one, but if you REALLY wanna break ur problem down into the simplest form, answer this questions:

would you rather drive a toyota, or a nissan?

toyota=lexus nissan= infiniti

when i test drove the lexus, i dind't even wanna test drive the m45. basically in my mind i was thinking, there's no way anything could be better than this. im EXTREMELY happy with it.

Infiniti M45

BMW 5 series

Lexus GS430

my mind is set on the M45 because its got more bang for the buck. like road sensors that tell you when your driving out of your lane. It also has good acceleration and has good looks. while the bmw, well its a bmw. it looks good and has good stats but its a lil pricey. the base is 52k. and last but not least the GS 430 has the luxury. keyless entry, adaptive climate control, etc. if some one could point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. correct me if im wrong but the base for GS is 45ish and the base for M is pretty much the same. any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :mellow:  :mellow:  :mellow:

honestly, the m has some stuff the gs doesn't have.......the gs has some stuff the m45 doesn't have. im obviously gonna say lexus is a better bet because i own one, but if you REALLY wanna break ur problem down into the simplest form, answer this questions:

would you rather drive a toyota, or a nissan?

toyota=lexus nissan= infiniti

when i test drove the lexus, i dind't even wanna test drive the m45. basically in my mind i was thinking, there's no way anything could be better than this. im EXTREMELY happy with it.

lexus,infiniti,bmw B)

I have a 2004 BMW 745Li and like it a lot. I don't like it as much as the Ls430, but it's pretty nice. I only have about 5k miles on it, so i can't really determine if it's a problemed car. My wife had a 1996 BMW something, and it lasted her until 2003 making 40k miles a year! In 03 she bought an 03 GS430. We sold a few months ago for an 05 ES330. The gs430 was ok, but isn't as nice as the BMW or Ls430.

I've never owned an infiniti so i can't argue for or against it. I did have a 2000 nissan Xterra AND HATED IT. It's ride was horrible for the $$$. I don't know what i was thinking; i sold it a month later.

If i were you, i would get the GS430 though. The BMW 5 series just came out and probably has a few bugs in it that yet to be deleted. And the infiniti may look nice it pictures, but you should ride it for yourself. And if you're looking at another lease, who cares about how long it will last. 3 years you're done!! lol Get what looks nice, and has the better ride.

Little tidbit about the 5-Series Bimmer that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me AGAINST owning one...

A good friend of mine special ordered his 5-Series back in October because it was some obscure color and a few other things that were difficult to find walking on the lot. After waiting two months for it to arrive, he falls in love with the car when it finally arrives in December. Looks good and all is happy in the world.

Forward to early February (he had the car about 7 weeks with about 1800 miles on it. He dropped me off at the front door of a local hangout for a bite to eat while he parked the car. After almost 15 minutes passed without him showing, I went to search the parking lot. Where is he sitting?? He's sitting in his beautiful, disabled 40-some thousand dollar car with the airbags deployed, freaking out on some guy at BMW of America.

He didn't hit anything and came to find out it was some odd short in certain 5-Series. The part was on back order from Germany for six weeks while his car sat, disassembled at Braman BMW of Miami. Aftet dropping $40 grand, what did they give him for 6 weeks as a loaner, a freakin Cavalier. The final settlement after hours of yelling on the phone and threatening a law suit (and the lovely Cavalier sedan) was that they made one month's car payment for him.

Forget Bimmer. Definitely used to have the quality but seems in the past 5 years or so they have forgone quality for the almighty dollar (i.e. over charge, under service, cut corners on quality materials).

Just my first- (and last-) hand experience...

I love my GS300. My mom has a Inifniti FX35, its pretty damn nice, kinda rides like *BLEEP* because it's a sport car. My dad has a chrysler 300C, its very nice and for less than 40,000 i was surprised with the ride quality and the power. But since we are on the topic of Lexus, Infiniti and BMW, I will say what I have to say. About 2 years ago my grandmother gave me her 1996 GS300, its been a great car ever since. Around that same time my aunt was getting rid...RID..of her 3 series bmw. I was offered both cars, my grandmother wanted to just give me her car, so she knew it would be taken care of, and my aunt wanted 10,000 for her BMW. It wasnt the money that concerned me. I asked both of them why they were trading in their cars, and both of them responded, im getting a lexus......hmmmmmmmm, bmw for a lexus, my aunt got a rx300 and my grandmother got an LS430.

My moms FX is great, other than the more sporty ride, and for a V6 it puts out alot of power. The M45 also has great performance specs for its V8, only a 4.5 liter and it puts out more than the mustang GT and almost as much as the Hemi?! They are both great cars, the M and the GS, but personally, i would go with the GS.

Anyway, have fun deciding, and once you get the car, let us know which one you choose.

as we all know, decisions like this cant b made overnight, as a matter of fact my lease doesnt and for a month 1 1/2. but i was thinking i should start looking since it does take some time if u need 2 special order the car. (i had 2 do that with my GX, arrived christmas eve) i wrote this article on behalf of my dad since he didnt have time but he doesnt believe the BMW is a piece of junk with a good paint job. im praying 2 get n e thing but a BMW. i showed him this article and his thoughts changed but his buisness partner has an X5 and it doesnt have n e probs. well...ill get back 2 u on wat decision he makes...but keep posting...thanx :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I Now have 2k on my 2006 GS430 and I must say WOW!!! what a great car. I've had not one problem. Just like the last 10 Lexus cars I have owned. I also looked at the BMW 5 and M45. The BMW is ugly inside and looks cheep and I hear they have lots of down time. The M45 I would pick over the BMW only because the inside is nice and its a Jap car and we all know they build nice cars. The outside of the M is to me a little ugly. Resale, Lexus cant be beat. It was a little pricey tho, $58,330 loaded. Ouch!!!

Good luck.

yah thats just as much as a loaded 04' GX. thats wat i have rite now. but im leaning toward the M45 since it has a cheap price compared to the GS. base is 40k. with everything i want it turns out to be about 49k. thats probably what i can negotiate to. i ruled the BMW out since it had horrible ratings and bad reliability. thanks you guys im going to the dealership next week. but keep posting it helps a lot

Just to clarify, I was referring to "contemporary" BMWs. I have had a few myself, although older 10+ years or more. They (BMWs) were very good cars. Even so, they liked to spend their weekends on the lift with small issues being tended to. I've also had Infinities with no problems worth mentioning.

On a side note: Last Wednesday a friend of mine (against my suggestion) took delivery of his '05 BMW Z4. He called me yesterday to ask me if I knew why the driver's side window would not close. I told him, "welcome to 2005 German engineering." You see yesterday was Saturday, the day I eluded to earlier as being the day BMW's like to go up on the lift. I'm still laughing at his expense.  :lol:

Is the Z4 supposed to be fast? Just wondering. A couple of weeks ago on a Sunday evening I happened to be entering the freeway behind a brand new Z4. The guy was obviously enjoying his new bimmer, he had been !Removed! around quite a bit all the way down the street. We pulled onto the freeway on ramp, he stood on it so I, even though I know better, did the same in my 430. I charged right up on his bumper, backed off, stood on it again and once more pulled right up on him. My GS430 being clearly faster. When we got onto the freeway, I pulled up next to him. He looked over my car with a clearly shocked look on his face, shook his head no, never exceeded the speed limit.

On a side note: Last Wednesday a friend of mine (against my suggestion) took delivery of his '05 BMW Z4. He called me yesterday to ask me if I knew why the driver's side window would not close. I told him, "welcome to 2005 German engineering." You see yesterday was Saturday, the day I eluded to earlier as being the day BMW's like to go up on the lift. I'm still laughing at his expense.  :lol:

Is the Z4 supposed to be fast? Just wondering. A couple of weeks ago on a Sunday evening I happened to be entering the freeway behind a brand new Z4. The guy was obviously enjoying his new bimmer, he had been !Removed! around quite a bit all the way down the street. We pulled onto the freeway on ramp, he stood on it so I, even though I know better, did the same in my 430. I charged right up on his bumper, backed off, stood on it again and once more pulled right up on him. My GS430 being clearly faster. When we got onto the freeway, I pulled up next to him. He looked over my car with a clearly shocked look on his face, shook his head no, never exceeded the speed limit.

The Z4s are fun cars to drive being lite and small but I wouldn't consider them fast at least not in the same context as a Porsche Carrera. On the subject of reliability, our GX-470 though has been quite a disappointment. The drive shaft had to be completely replaced twice, the front turn signals suffers from primature failure. Both side has been replaced twice in two years and it suffers from many minor but irrittating faults. On the other hand our BMW X5 has been trouble free since we got it almost 3 years ago. Not a single issue.

I've had the 2006 GS300 for two months now and the more I drove the more I love it. It's very quiet, relaxing and has more than adequare power. After a stressful day at work, I really look forward to just a smooth relaxing drive home and the GS just fills the bill nicely.

The M looks better on paper than the GS.. I don't know what I would do right now..

I got a couple more years on my GS... so I don't have to make that move yet..

but really?? like many have said...

it all comes down to the drive, the dealership and their willingness to extend themselves, and str8 out passion..

you'll choose between them wisely once yer really in that driver's seat and getting a feel for both..

Congrats on a great choice, tho!!! They're both beauties..

I've had my '06 GS430 for 1-1/2 weeks.

I cross-shopped this vehicle with the BMW, Infiniti and Mercedes.

All I can say is the GS430 continues to meet, and sometimes exceed, my expectations. This is the first luxury vehicle I've purchased...and so far, I couldn't be happier. The ride, the interior, the accelleration...and world-class in my book.

I2D